PDA

View Full Version : What kind of drink are the 2 npc warriors gonna get?

the300
2007-06-21, 04:30 PM
Coffee? Milk? Share your ideas here

Accountant
2007-06-21, 04:32 PM
Blood.

tahu88810
2007-06-21, 04:33 PM
I'd assume coffee.
But it might be beer.

Of course, either way both of them will fall. Love is LE :smallannoyed: .

Cade Shadow
2007-06-21, 04:34 PM
They're not paladins, they're warriors

For some reason, i imagine them getting tea.

All of the nameless NPC's that we've seen (except for the ones in teh throne room) were warriors.

Hey, the General might've even been a warrior. In the same way that Shojo was an aristocrat.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-21, 04:36 PM
1) They aren't paladins. They are soldiers; paladins have capes and wear blue in Azure City. They look identical to the other nameless soldiers.

2) Since it's a "cup of-" something, it would probably be coffee; that's the standard. Beer doesn't usually come in a cup (as far as I know) and milk is a bit... odd.
"Hey toots, let's go get a cup of milk!"

:smalltongue:

tahu88810
2007-06-21, 04:36 PM
Oh, I thought they were pallys but were just two low in rank/level to be left in the throne room...
>_<
silly me.
Well, if they were paladins than they would fall, 'cuz love is LE.

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-21, 04:37 PM
They're not paladins, they're warriors

Tea could work too.

holywhippet
2007-06-21, 04:37 PM
I'm guessing they'll be going out for some hot coffee ala GTA: San Andreas.

Mad Scientist
2007-06-21, 04:40 PM
I do think that coffee is a standard date drink, since beer seems to be excluded on account of not being served in a cup. But since Azure City is asian themed maybe they are going for tea or soup.

tahu88810
2007-06-21, 04:43 PM
When I said 'beer' I meant most alcoholic beverages were possible.
Rum and coke, anyone? XD

AND, I was joking about the love being LE thing...even if its true... >_>
---

But, puting that aside, I think they were talking about coffee.

CardinalFang
2007-06-21, 04:54 PM
Coffee would be typical, but it might be tea since Azure City is based on Asian cultures.

SteveMB
2007-06-21, 04:55 PM
But since Azure City is asian themed maybe they are going for tea or soup.

Sake, perhaps?

the mysterian
2007-06-21, 05:14 PM
moogle blood

TroyXavier
2007-06-21, 05:21 PM
I'd agree with sake.

Scatman
2007-06-21, 05:21 PM
NamelessNPCAde!
Bestest for the nameless NPCs to get rehydrated!
:xykon:It even helps regular NPCs get rehydrated.

NAMELESSNPCADE!BUY IT NOW!

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-21, 05:27 PM
I'd agree with sake.

Sorry to be blunt, but what is sake? Rice milk?

TroyXavier
2007-06-21, 05:30 PM
Rice Wine usually.

Imrahil
2007-06-21, 05:36 PM
Though, ironically enough, the process by which it is made is actually more akin to beer rather than wine.

Alysar
2007-06-21, 05:39 PM
I'd assume coffee.
But it might be beer.

You're crazy if you think love is anything but chaotic.

Deme
2007-06-21, 06:07 PM

I agree. I always filled in the end of that with "tea"...it might be because of the aisan thing, or maybe because I like tea.

kirbsys
2007-06-21, 06:22 PM
Im pretty sure that when that came out last night it said tea... or maybe I just filled it in automatically... hmm... I did see it rightw when it was posted...

Deuce
2007-06-21, 06:42 PM
A big old cup of Absolutely. :smalltongue:

Of course since "come on up/in for a cup of coffee" seldom has anything to do with coffee . . . :smallwink:

Setra
2007-06-21, 07:30 PM
Either Sake, Tea, Coffee, or Unicorn Blood.

Talyn
2007-06-21, 08:23 PM
Unicorn blood is too expensive for a couple of level 3 or 4 warriors. I'd say coffee - it's the standard "date drink." If they make it.

I hope they do. I always root for the nameless NPCs.

explanetpluto
2007-06-21, 08:42 PM
They will drink coffee.

And then the cafe they're at will be destroyed by Haley, Belkar, and Roy's corpse.

NeonRonin
2007-06-21, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I'll go ahead and say that since this is Azure City, they'll be getting tea or sake. Maybe tea and sake, even.

Now, on a completely random tangent, what would other characters' preferred beverages be? Real or imaginary drinks, doesn't matter which.

I could see :thog: downing a mug of Skull-Whomper Dark Ale, preferred drink of barbarians and other classes with Intelligence as the dump stat. :smalltongue:

the300
2007-06-21, 09:23 PM
I'm guessing they'll be going out for some hot coffee ala GTA: San Andreas.

lol :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek: :smalleek:

Pvednes
2007-06-21, 10:18 PM
Well, everyone always says coffee--but it always ends up being hot chocolate.

Tolkien_Freak
2007-06-21, 10:31 PM
Sake, coffee, or tea. Probably sake or tea, and most likely tea.

EDIT: Or it could be a cup of 'Absolutely'. You never know, the guy might have been being literal...

Wardog
2007-06-22, 05:00 AM
I agree. I always filled in the end of that with "tea"...it might be because of the aisan thing, or maybe because I like tea.

Same here - infact, I didn't even notice it was left incomplete. When I first saw this thread, I thought "Wait - they said tea. Why is anyone asking about it?"

Maybe its because I'm English...

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-22, 08:48 AM
Let's analyse this, beer/ale/etc comes in pints, wine and milk come in glasses, and cups usually refer to mugs. Mugs usually contain warm brown beverages. Tea is a warm brown beverage as is coffee and coco therefore it must be one of them.

Far Eastern cultures are not known for coffee or hot chocolate, thus it must be a cup of tea. Because, as everyone knows, people from other countries have their own crazy versions of everything* (I hear that some of you fellows in the US wear your pants and no trousers :smallbiggrin:) it must be herbal tea.

This herbal tea is most likely a trademarked blend popular in Azure City which goes by the name of "absolutely".

*calm down I'm joking

Thanatos 51-50
2007-06-22, 08:56 AM
I'm a fan of the Sake theory, or maybe some Absolut?
(Just because noone else had made that quite obvious and unfunny joke, yet.)

Carteeg_Struve
2007-06-22, 09:51 AM
Definitely a cup o' loooooooove. :smallwink:

Twilight Jack
2007-06-22, 01:03 PM
A big old cup of Absolutely. :smalltongue:

Of course since "come on up/in for a cup of coffee" seldom has anything to do with coffee . . . :smallwink:

One of my favorite exchanges from any movie ever proceeds as follows:

Girl: So, would you like to come up for a cup of coffee (makes meaningful eye contact).
Guy: (not really getting it, but holding eye contact) Umm, I don't really like coffee, but . . .
Girl: (deadpan) I don't have any.

Mummy king
2007-06-22, 01:44 PM
Girl: So, would you like to come up for a cup of coffee (makes meaningful eye contact).
Guy: (not really getting it, but holding eye contact) Umm, I don't really like coffee, but . . .

I thought that quote, from Brassed Off, went:

Gloria: Do you wanna for some coffee?
Andy: I don't drink coffee
Gloria: I haven't got any

WINK WINK

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-22, 01:56 PM
I thought that quote, from Brassed Off, went:

Gloria: Do you wanna for some coffee?
Andy: I don't drink coffee
Gloria: I haven't got any

WINK WINK

I think it was also in an episode of Futurama.

And by "think" I mean the episode "Put Your Head on my Shoulders"

Jayabalard
2007-06-22, 03:16 PM
since neither of them is the president of Burundi, they'll probably get a cup of coffee

Accountant
2007-06-22, 04:20 PM
So I guess I'm the only one who thinks there getting a cup of blood after this. :smallannoyed:

FdL
2007-06-22, 05:20 PM
Wow. This sure is an interesting point to debate. The implications of a single ellided word could span hundreds of pages of speculations. No way this is a minor excuse to come up with random stuff, this is really something major. Clearly the kind of conversation worth archiving in those expensive web servers.

Let's thank Mr. Burlew that we have a space in the internet for discussing such vital things as this one. I bet he'll be really proud of having a message board when/if he reads the outcome of this thread.

Imrahil
2007-06-22, 05:47 PM
Wow. This sure is an interesting point to debate. The implications of a single ellided word could span hundreds of pages of speculations. No way this is a minor excuse to come up with random stuff, this is really something major. Clearly the kind of conversation worth archiving in those expensive web servers.

Let's thank Mr. Burlew that we have a space in the internet for discussing such vital things as this one. I bet he'll be really proud of having a message board when/if he reads the outcome of this thread.

Gee, thank you, Captain Bringdown. Some of us are just in it for a little fun, and others like to see how other people think.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-22, 05:47 PM

Without the internets teh sun will switch off.

evileeyore
2007-06-23, 07:34 PM
My vote is they go out for a tall glass of hot torrid sex.

What? Its what I'd want.

Mysticaloctopus
2007-06-23, 08:08 PM
You're crazy if you think love is anything but chaotic.

Love knows exactly what it's doing. Sometimes, something that has big plans everywhere appears chaotic, but I'd put money on it being lawful bored-stiff-and-after-a-laugh-manipulating-the-fates-of-men.

Fishies
2007-06-23, 09:12 PM
I assumed it was tea.

Arnen
2007-06-23, 09:36 PM
My first thought was "coffee", but then after a moment of thought I decided it was probably tea, going with Azure City's Asian themes.

Breaon
2007-06-23, 10:34 PM
My first thought was "coffee", but then after a moment of thought I decided it was probably tea, going with Azure City's Asian themes.

To stay in theme: Sake house.

What they should go get? Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters (per the bar, Zaphod's, in Ottawa.)

Scatman
2007-06-24, 04:29 PM
Kitten blood.Simple as that.

slipper
2007-06-24, 04:44 PM
A nice little cup of
BOW CHIKA BOW WOW

mohair_ninja
2007-06-24, 05:49 PM
Cup of sake, hmm... assuming it's not a large mug, it contains as many alcohol as one 0,5 l beer. (sake is around 20%)
And Giant said somewhere that his comic is read also by kids, so if the Noname-zaki interrupted just after "cup of", it must be sake.
Tea wouldn't be censored.
Or maybe it's something so horrible, so poor little innocent Belkar couldn't hear it without harm to his health, so Noname-zaki prevented the Word to be spoken and therefore heard by our favourite halfling ranger? :smallconfused:

TheLogman
2007-06-24, 05:54 PM
To those who are suggesting something of the BOW CHIKA BOW WOW persuasion, jeez, those warriors are all of the following:

Mentally scarred from war
Unsure of their feeling for each other
Not that familiar with each other

They are not gonna "Get funky" anytime soon. I'm thinking probably tea. The only reason that the guy was so quick to respond is cause there's a hot girl that wants to take him on a date.

And if the Giant was gonna censor Sake, then he probably would have censored the part in the Sake warehouse with Belkar and Miko as well.

EyethatBinds
2007-06-24, 11:20 PM
One of my favorite exchanges from any movie ever proceeds as follows:

So I'm not the only person who has made this mistake? I feel slightly better now.

Gaelbert
2007-06-25, 12:04 AM
I'd assume coffee.
But it might be beer.

For love leads to the dark side.

RocketBard
2007-06-25, 01:33 AM
They both went to get a refreshing cup of prune juice.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-06-25, 03:01 AM
To those who are suggesting something of the BOW CHIKA BOW WOW persuasion, jeez, those warriors are all of the following:

Mentally scarred from war
Unsure of their feeling for each other
Not that familiar with each other

They are not gonna "Get funky" anytime soon. I'm thinking probably tea. The only reason that the guy was so quick to respond is cause there's a hot girl that wants to take him on a date.

And if the Giant was gonna censor Sake, then he probably would have censored the part in the Sake warehouse with Belkar and Miko as well.

Two words:
Stress Relief.

Miraqariftsky
2007-06-25, 04:10 AM
Methinks 'tis tea.

Gez
2007-06-25, 04:28 AM
EDIT: Or it could be a cup of 'Absolutely'. You never know, the guy might have been being literal...

The voice recognition software failed. He wants a cup of Absolut Li, the famous Asian-themed vodka.

Arnen
2007-06-25, 04:32 AM
To stay in theme: Sake house.

Also true, but I was getting a sort of non-alcoholic vibe. *shrugs*

Rason
2007-06-25, 05:29 AM
I am pretty sure they are getting a cup of mountain dew, I mean they have been fighting hobos for like, 2 weeks, after that much Gaming, I'd sure want a MD. Although the guy is probably thinking of getting himself a nice steamy cup of clam chowder.

Setra
2007-06-25, 06:05 AM
I lawl'd

Seriously.

Well it was more of a snicker.

Emperor Ing
2007-06-25, 06:06 AM
{Scrubbed}

:smalleek: what are you telepathic or something?

ObadiahtheSlim
2007-06-25, 07:10 AM
They only drink the blood of their enemies, or perhaps a strawberry Yoohoo.

Scatman
2007-06-25, 10:28 AM
As I said before...

KITTEN BLOOD.

It keeps the hair shiny and asian..

Wardog
2007-06-25, 12:02 PM
Cup of sake, hmm... assuming it's not a large mug, it contains as many alcohol as one 0,5 l beer. (sake is around 20%)
And Giant said somewhere that his comic is read also by kids, so if the Noname-zaki interrupted just after "cup of", it must be sake.
Tea wouldn't be censored.

1, sake is normally served in cups that are more like shot-glasses in size.

2, most sake I've seen or had was only around 12-15%

3, why on earth would anyone want to censor the word sake?

It's not a rude word. (And even if it was, it couldn't be worse than anything already used in the comic).

And I can't think of anyone other than the most puritanical tee-totalers or over-zealous child-shielders-from-reality (e.g. Childcare Action Project) would think children must be protected from even knowing the existance of alcohol.

And the Giant certainly doesn't think like that, otherwise he wouldn't have included all the other numerous references to alcohol that have been made. And if he had censored those, it would be bizzare in light of all the implicit sex and explicit violence in the comic.

4, I certainly don't see that as "censorship", merely an indication of how eager the other soldier is to take up the offer. (Maybe he was just really, really thirsty, and didn't even care what he was getting to drink :smallwink: )

Scatman
2007-06-25, 12:10 PM
I suppose I could say Sake or tea...
Kitten Blood.

Snipers_Promise
2007-06-25, 02:18 PM
removed image

Ok that was funny. But Sersiouly I think its Sake or Tea.

David Argall
2007-06-25, 08:01 PM
4, I certainly don't see that as "censorship", merely an indication of how eager the other soldier is to take up the offer. (Maybe he was just really, really thirsty, and didn't even care what he was getting to drink :smallwink: )

And maybe he didn't care if he got anything to drink, at least if he had a chance at something better.

Mr Teufel
2007-06-25, 11:02 PM
Sake is often served warm, in a small ceramic cup. So "cup of sake" is common useage.

This is of course the most important thread on the entire board internet. :smallwink:

Grizzt
2007-06-26, 07:18 AM
They are going to drink tea with a splash of sake (and by 'spalsh' i mean 'wow how did we finish the whole bottle in two cups?'). It fits. They need stress relief and something light to drink.

BisectedBrioche
2007-06-26, 07:22 AM
Ah, today's strip has made it all clear.

They're going to get themselves some Orangina.

TreesOfDeath
2007-06-26, 07:24 AM
Coffee or Sake

the_tick_rules
2007-06-26, 09:56 AM
tequilla, the start of a fun night.

Mystyco
2007-06-26, 10:30 AM
still, can be (insert object here) blood, who knows?

"would you like to maybe go get a cup of -"
"Absolutely."
"-human blood?"

still, most probably (TONS OF) Sake or even some coffee...i don't think that after surviving a city assault and get into a safe place with the main-character party would lead you to take "a cup of tea" :|

Bunny
2007-06-26, 11:35 AM
Ovaltine?

Bunny

AKA_Bait
2007-06-26, 12:12 PM
tequilla, the start of a fun night.

If by fun you mean marked by either violence or violent illness.

Vulion
2007-06-26, 12:16 PM
Cofee's more of a western thing, so I would have to say tea.

Gez
2007-06-26, 12:23 PM
Well, of course it's tea. Duh. I mean, would Mr Warriorman have said "Absolutely" if what Mss Warriorwoman offered wasn't his cup of tea? :smallbiggrin:

I'm da Rogue!
2007-06-26, 04:06 PM
Whatever it is, I hope it's not blue.:tongue:

This_Dude
2007-06-26, 06:43 PM
I still think it'll be a big ol' cup of STFU. Because, in my mind, it ends with each of them having something of the other's in their mouth, so no talky-talky.

But if it's blue, it could be Blue Cuaraca, Blue Maui, Blueing, or Bluebird-of-paradise-extract.

comicadv
2007-06-27, 10:43 AM
Root beer! Lots and lots and lots andlots andlots andlotsandlotsandlotsandlots

Of ROOTBEER!!!!!!!

Wardog
2007-06-27, 11:48 AM
And maybe he didn't care if he got anything to drink, at least if he had a chance at something better.

Oh, I'm sure that's why he answered so quickly.

My suggestion of "maybe he was really, really thirsty" was just a joke (hence the smilie).

stabbybelkar
2007-06-27, 03:16 PM
I agree with Breaon on the pan galactic gargle blaster