PDA

View Full Version : How does making poison work?

Roiyal-T
2016-04-04, 11:30 AM
Hi everyone, I am still fairly new to OoS.
I have been playing dnd for quite some time though.
I do have some questions about 5.0 though.
Firstly how does the "crafting" system work.
You get tools such as poisoners kit and yet it really doesn't explain HOW to make poison.

Also the main reason I am posting is to ask, Is it plausible to add poison to a druids conjured animal?
Our DM ruined our plan to kill a guy by going against everything we came up with. I.e. we wanted to give him poisoned food "he doesn't eat much" we wanted to send our rogue in as a servant to the guy (who is the head master of a college, and servants are present) "he doesn't need servants" every thing we planned he made a way out of it. So our plan is to add poison to 8 conjured rats and send them to our targets room. The Rogue is an assassin so he has the poisoners kit, money is not an issue either.

If needed I can elaborate more on the situation.

RickAllison
2016-04-04, 11:39 AM
Absolutely, just know that it will only stay strong for one minute. Also, if your DM has plan-blocked you this much, he will probably fudge that tactic in some way as well (resistance to poison, etc.).

Mith
2016-04-04, 11:41 AM
How are these rats supposed to poison the individual? Any means they would have to deliver the poison would probably kill them before they arrive at the headmasters suit. I would suggest conjuring a snake or scorpion.

Roiyal-T
2016-04-04, 11:54 AM
Since they are conjured and considered fey, and do as the druid says, we can apply to their tiny claws and they won't lick themselves because druid says not to
Yes the initial attacks will be practically nothing but the poison is the key to this plan.

He's plan blocked us yes, but now we are going to push this plan without him knowing why we are doing any of the things we are doing.
The guy we are trying to kill is a master spell type. We don't know if warlock, wizard, or sorcerer, while we work on the poison, we will gather the info we need. He's human as well, guarded by a construct. If we try to fight him we will die, so subterfuge is the only option. Unless he's not a wild cast sorcerer, and cannot carefully cast spell, then we just surround him and he can't cast AoE spells without hurting himself.

Roiyal-T
2016-04-04, 12:08 PM
And I didn't read all of your post Mith, snakes and poisonous insects seem like a much better option.

Vogonjeltz
2016-04-04, 04:38 PM
Unless he's not a wild cast sorcerer, and cannot carefully cast spell, then we just surround him and he can't cast AoE spells without hurting himself.

Most (cone, cube, line) aoe types allow the caster to exclude the point of origin (i.e. themselves).

gfishfunk
2016-04-04, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone, I am still fairly new to OoS.
I have been playing dnd for quite some time though.
I do have some questions about 5.0 though.
Firstly how does the "crafting" system work.
You get tools such as poisoners kit and yet it really doesn't explain HOW to make poison.

Also the main reason I am posting is to ask, Is it plausible to add poison to a druids conjured animal?
Our DM ruined our plan to kill a guy by going against everything we came up with. I.e. we wanted to give him poisoned food "he doesn't eat much" we wanted to send our rogue in as a servant to the guy (who is the head master of a college, and servants are present) "he doesn't need servants" every thing we planned he made a way out of it. So our plan is to add poison to 8 conjured rats and send them to our targets room. The Rogue is an assassin so he has the poisoners kit, money is not an issue either.

If needed I can elaborate more on the situation.

I have to ask: is your GM pushing you towards something and you guys are just resisting? It sounds like he wanted to reveal the main bad guy early, and has a lot more planned elsewhere. Its a bit of railroading, obviously, but it might be in order to get you to the fun stuff he has ready elsewhere.

Roiyal-T
2016-04-04, 05:21 PM
I can't tell, all I know is he was on board with our plan when it was first conceived and now he's doing everything he can to stop it and not in a clever way.
We had a whole Oceans 11 thing going and the best way I can say what he did was, the money isn't in the bank. (Example)

Mellack
2016-04-04, 05:25 PM
Since they are conjured and considered fey, and do as the druid says, we can apply to their tiny claws and they won't lick themselves because druid says not to
Yes the initial attacks will be practically nothing but the poison is the key to this plan.

I don't think rats can do any damage with claws, just with a bite. So the poison would kill the rats.

Roiyal-T
2016-04-04, 05:34 PM
I don't think rats can do any damage with claws, just with a bite. So the poison would kill the rats.

They were just the first to pop into my head, I'm reconsidering, going to use snakes or insects what ever can be summoned and be most effective.