PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Arcane Discovery [True Name] and Pasha [Noble Shaitan Genie]: Mechanics and Fluff

Levism84
2016-04-04, 06:12 PM
I was looking at using the Variant Multi-Class option for Wizard for an upcoming character, and I had some questions about the 15th level feature which is an Arcane Discovery. If I took True Name (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/wizard/arcane-discoveries/arcane-discoveries-paizo/true-name) and selected a Pasha (Noble Shaitan Genie) (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/genie/shaitan/shaitan-pasha), what could I expect to be able to do, within reason, with that ability?

The character would be a mildly eccentric self-medicating alchemist (based loosely off of Doctor Krieger from the Archer television series). As such, he wouldn't be looking to min/max or take overt advantage of the situation. Rather, he would primarily use the pasha's ability to earth glide, meld with stone, shape stone, and use wall of stone to build himself a "kickass" underground fortress where his simulacrum army could help him with his alchemical research and item creation. A pasha does have the ability to grant non-genies up to three wishes each day. However, I know for a fact calling forth an extraplanar being every day to grant the alchemist three wishes would very quickly rub the pasha (and my DM) the wrong way. Instead, I feel like the character would want to invite the pasha to join him, and some of his simulacrum, at his weekly triple-dragon anti night. After all, shaitan love games of chance. With the Promethean Disciple alchemist discovery, he could even build constructs to engage in wrestling contests with the pasha. As stated in the entry for shaitan genies, "As the most dense and brash of the genies, shaitans like games of chance and physical skill best of all. Should the caster offer services in exchange for a throw of the dice or a wrestling match—and go through with the offer—he’ll receive a +2 bonus on his Charisma check."

On rare occasion, no more than once per month, the alchemist might require the pasha's assistance and call for help outside of TDA night, the odd game of chance, a construct vs. outsider wrestling match, or unforeseen maintenance on "fort kickass". Does that seem reasonable, both in mechanic and flavor?