PDA

View Full Version : Wizard (Artificer)/Cleric (Knowledge): What Levels Should I Take?

RickAllison
2016-04-04, 06:50 PM
Hey, all. I currently have an Artificer 8/Knowledge 1 build with a focus on industry and engineering. I noticed that in our party, I've ended up as the default healer through my potions, and it made me realize that it could be good to have someone capable of actually reviving the party. What levels would you all recommend?

Statwise, I have 14 Dex (for medium armor), 20 Int, but only 14 Wisdom. Help?

SharkForce
2016-04-04, 07:12 PM
what are the other characters in the party?

honestly, i'm not seeing how you're supposed to pick up anything that can bring people back from the dead any time soon as a cleric. you'd need at least 4 more levels just to get revivify... and i really can't recommend 4 more levels of cleric tbh. might be better to just focus on finding an item to do the job if the situation gets that desperate...

RickAllison
2016-04-04, 07:14 PM
what are the other characters in the party?

honestly, i'm not seeing how you're supposed to pick up anything that can bring people back from the dead any time soon as a cleric. you'd need at least 4 more levels just to get revivify... and i really can't recommend 4 more levels of cleric tbh. might be better to just focus on finding an item to do the job if the situation gets that desperate...

True. We have an Open Hand monk, an Arcane Trickster with a few bard levels, and a Moon druid. There is a DMPC Sorclock, and then my wrestling wizard. This party is not exactly optimized...

SharkForce
2016-04-04, 07:24 PM
oh, well that's easy enough.

tell everyone to not get too attached to their current race, and carry around the components for reincarnate. moon druids can still cast spells, after all.

RickAllison
2016-04-04, 07:28 PM
oh, well that's easy enough.

tell everyone to not get too attached to their current race, and carry around the components for reincarnate. moon druids can still cast spells, after all.

Ahh, that problem is solved. So what levels would you recommend for the MC, then? I know I want to get to Cleric 2 for the ability to grab any tool proficiency to use with Fabricate, but I'm not very familiar with either of these classes.

SharkForce
2016-04-04, 10:23 PM
thought i'd mentioned it before, but i would wait until i had level 5 wizard spells. wall of force in particular is a very handy general-purpose problem-solver. so that would make your second cleric level at character level 11.

but that's just me.