PDA

View Full Version : Post-Traumatic Sorcery Disorder?

FlourescentKing
2016-04-04, 07:25 PM
I'm going to participate in a campaign where my character wakes up with little to no memory of his past and the ability to use magic. He is incredibly traumatized by this event, and occasionally goes into shock. Also, using magic occasionally brings up memories - except he has no idea who those memories belong to.

Problem is, I'm at a bit of a loss on how to roleplay this. Suggestions? Has anyone else played a character who was swiftly going insane?

RulesJD
2016-04-04, 07:43 PM
I'm going to participate in a campaign where my character wakes up with little to no memory of his past and the ability to use magic. He is incredibly traumatized by this event, and occasionally goes into shock. Also, using magic occasionally brings up memories - except he has no idea who those memories belong to.

Problem is, I'm at a bit of a loss on how to roleplay this. Suggestions? Has anyone else played a character who was swiftly going insane?

Wild Magic Sorc.

Every time there's a surge, narrate the effect as a memory that his raw sorcery powers manifest into reality.

Belac93
2016-04-04, 08:13 PM
I agree with wild magic. Play this character as CN, see if you can take the haunted one background feature.