PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance Warmage

Bobby Baratheon
2016-04-04, 11:08 PM
The Dragonlance Warmage prc has an ability called Arcane Aegis, which lets you give your Charisma bonus as a morale boost to (initally) one ally within thirty feet. Can this ability be applied to the warmage himself? Or is that stretching it too far? If not, it's pretty dang amazing for a sorcerer although it has some crappy prereqs.

Warrnan
2016-04-05, 08:30 AM
I've always usually considered self as an ally but I can see where that might also make zero sense. Not sure what the RAW is, on this. At the very least it would be a reasonable houserule for certain things.

Mainly I just wanted to comment on your user name: hilarious. Good job, sir.

ngilop
2016-04-05, 10:20 AM
I am away from my book right now, but the rules have always allowed you to consider yourself an ally.

When that is not the case, the said ability in question states that. Such as the Marshal ability to grant a move action

Bobby Baratheon
2016-04-05, 02:54 PM
I've always usually considered self as an ally but I can see where that might also make zero sense. Not sure what the RAW is, on this. At the very least it would be a reasonable houserule for certain things.

Mainly I just wanted to comment on your user name: hilarious. Good job, sir.

Hahaha thanks! I thought I'd pay my homage to fiction's most lovable king. #BARATHEONS4LIFE - LONG LIVE KING STANNIS :smallamused:

Yeah, I think it's reasonable I just wanted to see if there was some sort of precedent.

BowStreetRunner
2016-04-05, 02:58 PM
It's in the PHB glossary.

ally: A creature friendly to you. In most cases, references to “allies” include yourself.

Bobby Baratheon
2016-04-05, 02:59 PM
It's in the PHB glossary.

That wraps it up rather definitively. Thanks!