PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Sterling Vermin presents the Penultimate Pugilist - a monk variant class!

sterling vermin
2016-04-05, 09:22 AM
The king of the ring is back and he's fixed on keeping his crown!

It has been almost two months since the last public update for the Pugilist. Since that time my Patreon backers have had the chance to read and playtest the changes that have been made since then and vote on additional archetypes for the class. To celebrate the completion of the 5 archetypes that will make up the full release of the Pugilist in the coming months (and my birthday!) I wanted to have one last opportunity to receive feedback from the public.

And with that, may I present, the Penultimate Pugilist! (http://sterlingvermin.com/2016/04/05/the-penultimate-pugilist/)

TundraBuccaneer
2016-04-05, 02:05 PM
Having tavern brawler as class was already a fantastic idea.
But making vicious mockery a archetype is even better.
5/7 will play this as soon my group starts again.

PotatoGolem
2016-04-06, 08:47 AM
Still seems awfully fragile as a d8 HD and low AC. You can get temporary hit points, but then it's a mediocre damage class. Needs either a d10/d12, medium armor, or unarmored defense

BoutsofInsanity
2016-04-06, 03:05 PM
Fantastically fluffy and seems effective. Nothing as far as I can see feels to strong as well. I like it.

SilverStud
2016-04-08, 02:21 PM
This is possibly one of the most fun-sounding classes I've seen. I agree that it needs either d12 hit die, or the Barbarian's Unarmored defense(no shield). With either of those, this class is near perfect.

Excellent!