PDA

View Full Version : Not Receiving Email Updates After Change to Email Address

Stegyre
2016-04-05, 02:30 PM
I recently changed the email address associated with my GitP account. I've confirmed, under the Settings, that the new email address is now the one used; I've also confirmed that the notification choices for my subscribed threads is (still) "instant," but I discovered today that I am no longer receiving the email notifications – instant or otherwise.

FWIW, the email change was made last week. I noticed the problem today, specifically wrt two different pbp campaigns, which had both IC and OOC posts.

I humbly await thy direction and advice.

ChristianSt
2016-04-05, 03:26 PM
I hate to ask, but have you checked your spam?

Stegyre
2016-04-05, 03:40 PM
:smallredface:
That moment when you remember what a tech-noob you are.

Okay, but in my defense, that was just two of them, when there should have been four. (I admit though, that sounds weak.)

Now I need to figure out how to tell the new email server that GitP isn't spam, but that's not a board/site issue.

Psyren
2016-04-06, 05:10 PM
If you're using a popular e-mail platform (e.g. Gmail or Yahoo) then we can easily find you instructions to whitelist notifications from trusted websites like this one.

Zherog
2016-04-07, 10:14 AM
In a lot of cases, adding the email address to your contact list also effectively serves to "white list" that address.