PDA

View Full Version : Sun Wukong Legacy Item

Alistaroc
2016-04-05, 04:46 PM
I'm looking to create Sun Wukong's staff in D&D, as a Legacy item. It will be held by a Dvati Divine Minion of Isis Marshal 2/Monk 1/Fiend of Possession 6/Uncanny Trickster 3/Legacy Champion 4, with 3 levels of the Demon Bloodline.
Basically it's a Modular Melee Weapon(DR316) quarterstaff that needs the sizing enchantment. Each half of the staff will be wielded as a club by each of the twins, but they can pass them off to someone, then each possess an end.

I think Table 4-1 from the Weapons of Legacy book is most appropriate, but I'm not entirely sure.
I just need help with the levels/abilities, I have an idea for the lore and rituals already.

Gildedragon
2016-04-05, 04:55 PM
Ditch the costs (if you're the DM); they harm the item more than they help them (for example one of the items in the book is a scarab of resistance that drain your saves as much (if not more) than it boosts them)

There is a handbook about legacy weapons, it guessprices some of the powers that appear in unique items, of particular relevance are the ones from the tome of battle

as for a possible oddness for the weapon: make it out of some metal, alchemical gold perhaps?

Morcleon
2016-04-05, 07:58 PM
It should be crafted from magically treated obdurium for a hardness of 60, and probably have the transmuting property too, representing the extreme hardness and the tendency for it to hurt anyone that Wukong wanted to hit. :smalltongue:

Âmesang
2016-04-06, 10:13 AM
Will it be just as heavy? If I remember correctly, a Small/Medium character needed a 58 Strength to lift it. :smalltongue:

OldTrees1
2016-04-06, 10:25 AM
The Sizing ability does not alter the weapon's reach. So maybe some of the legacy abilities should?