PDA

View Full Version : High level spells in wands?

Tor the Fallen
2007-06-21, 08:17 PM
Is there a feat out there that lets you put high level spells in wands?

TigerHunter
2007-06-21, 08:22 PM
Couldn't tell you, but there's no reason you can't make one yourself and run it past your DM.

Tor the Fallen
2007-06-21, 08:25 PM
Couldn't tell you, but there's no reason you can't make one yourself and run it past your DM.

I'm not sure the DM would like it if I was like "hey DM, I know that my artificer's only limited by the level of the spell he can stick in a wand; do you think I could make up a feat to ignore that?"

Jack Mann
2007-06-21, 08:32 PM
"Hey DM, I know that my artificer's only limited by the level of the spell he can stick in a wand; what do you think of this feat I found that lets me ignore it?"

I'm not sure why he'd like this better.

PaladinBoy
2007-06-21, 08:33 PM
The book Lost Empires of Faerun contained rules for a new type of magic item called scepters; you could put up to 7th level spells in one, and even put two spells in a single scepter. Other than that, they were basically wands. They were supposed to be ancient items that the people in Faerun were discovering, but it shouldn't take too much adaptation to make them into something more generic.

Tor the Fallen
2007-06-21, 08:44 PM
"Hey DM, I know that my artificer's only limited by the level of the spell he can stick in a wand; what do you think of this feat I found that lets me ignore it?"

I'm not sure why he'd like this better.

Because it's in a book!!

I'd really, really like to have a wand of (3.0) Harm, and another of Heal. I'd call 'em ebony and ivory. It'd be badass.

GryffonDurime
2007-06-21, 08:47 PM
Is there a reason that you can't just use a Staff?

At the level of power where you're interested in imbuing 5th level spells or greater, size really shouldn't be much of an issue to make a wand more desirable, given bags of holding and the like.

Yechezkiel
2007-06-21, 08:52 PM
Maybe you can use this (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/05/19) to help convince your DM.

Tor the Fallen
2007-06-21, 09:24 PM
Is there a reason that you can't just use a Staff?

At the level of power where you're interested in imbuing 5th level spells or greater, size really shouldn't be much of an issue to make a wand more desirable, given bags of holding and the like.

That's a good idea, except the artificer's only level 10. Oh well.