PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Loot for "The Haunting of Harrowstone"?[Carrion Crown]

Togath
2016-04-05, 08:57 PM
So I'm running the haunting of Harrowstone...
And noticed it's very scarce on loot.
Now I suppose it sort of makes sense, given that it's a prison... But I also want to be able to actually give my players a little gear, especially to help deal with some of the threats they might face.
Now, there are a few items included in the original adventure, like the spirit planchet, haunt siphons, or the loot the Splatterman is guarding...
But the first two seem more rp-heavy(especially the planchet, which I've altered slightly, and have been using to help nudge the party when they need it), while the rest can't be obtained until after the main dungeon.

So does anyone have ideas for ways to slip stuff in? As well as what stuff might be able to be fitted in.
The warden's sword and badge becoming special items was one idea, and perhaps moving the location of the sword to make it more reachable. I'd also considered somehow adding in the dusty rose ioun stone into the dungeon itself, rather than making my good party con a shop out of it.
I also worry that the items of the five prisoners may go unused, since some of them are a bit weak/niche... And the party would probably want to avoid using murder weapons(especially the psychically sensitive ones).

Now, I do know that "money" might be a good loot for one party member(elf occultist, specializing in abjuration and transmutation), who has an heirloom branched spear from her grandfather...
But the others might be more interested.
The party is an unarmed unchained dhampir hungry ghost monk(doesn't specifically work with unchained monk, but it was easy to convert).
A spearwielding empiricist lashunta investigator.
A positive energy tiefling cleric.
A kitsune psychic(house ruled to be able to take fox shape at first level).
And the spearwielding dex-based elf occultist.

They currently just have their starting gear(1000 gold worth, since they started at level two), and are still exploring the ground floor of Harrowstone(we left off with them clearing the spiders from the chapel of Pharasma).
Trust points have been abandoned in place of just progress/rp stuff, and the party did skip the majority of part 3(though if they go back to town, they might encounter a few more events. So far there's only been zombie Petros and saving a girl from a diseased feral dog[replacing the jumprope thing]).