PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Simple Caravan system, help requested, as well as opinions. (WORK IN PROGRESS)

Arkhios
2016-04-06, 05:49 AM
So, I'm in middle of a design process for a caravan system. I'm trying to create a simple system for a wasteland exploring kind of campaign (the one I've been working on since I first joined the forums, actually). I'm thinking of using the caravan as the player's base of operations, so to speak, so it'll have to be light-weight system that can evolve throughout the game.

So far what I've come up with can be found here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/17ng0SaukAUtNOEarJPXteL_sO24fx_Dvk2sxasViCz4/edit?usp=sharing).

All help, ideas, and balancing feedback welcome.

And, obviously, ask if something isn't clear. I'll try to explain it further, as the document is basically only a bullet-point checklist for me as the DM, and I should know what I aim to use each feature for.
That, ofcourse isn't self-evident for everyone else. My apologies in advance.

Arkhios
2016-04-09, 11:29 AM
So, let's say a post-apocalyptic caravan had a turbo-charged bulldozer (imagined speed somewhat equal to a bus from d20 modern) as the locomotive, how fast overland travel would be reasonable, compared to the more medieval vehicles and all depicted by the rules by default?