PDA

View Full Version : Crush'd

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

phoenixineohp
2007-07-09, 08:05 PM
Hmm... If I'm guessing right, that means I have about two rivals left. Yay!

And I once got to see a picture of pxp. With her face visible and everything. And as an adult, not a child.

I never thought of getting a copy on my hard drive, though. Could sell it to people and make millions. :smalltongue:

And if the police never found out about that plan, they would be most confused over your subsequent death. :smallamused:

On other notes, yes, there is a Shiny tracker avaiable. We are working on developing an open source code. :smallwink:

And on the matter making me blush...
*continues to blush*

Jelly, I think that it may be our shared love of the eye licking reptiles that fosters crush feelings. Least that is where I figured mine came from. :smallredface:

And if only I looked like that. I keep waiting and hoping to see feathers. Any day now would be wonderful. *le heart filled sigh* Amazing picture. Thank you for linking it. It may have inspired a new desktop images post.

Midnight son, it is not often that I take 'reminds me of my sister' comments as compliments. So thank you. But I do think you have found an even better prize in the playground. :smallwink:

Zombie, I figured as much. But the smilies are crucial. Hence my obvious abuse of them. :smalltongue:

JellyPooga
2007-07-09, 08:21 PM
Jelly, I think that it may be our shared love of the eye licking reptiles that fosters crush feelings. Least that is where I figured mine came from. :smallredface:

could be, could be...:smallbiggrin:

[reminds self to get pic of own lizard tattoo and post it in 'You' thread]

SMEE
2007-07-09, 08:26 PM
I'd have a crush on Khan were he older.
Also, he seems to think I'm evil. I wonder why. :smallconfused:

phoenixineohp
2007-07-09, 08:39 PM
could be, could be...:smallbiggrin:

[reminds self to get pic of own lizard tattoo and post it in 'You' thread]

*Eyes go wide and reread the sentence several times. Quickly check 'You' thread. Lungs remember they should be breathing. Takes a breath and waits. Almost patiently.*

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-09, 08:54 PM
phoenixineohp: I must admit, though I'm not entirely sure why, I have something of a crush on you, despite the fact that you have no pic posted on this board (at least that I can find) and I don't think I've ever actually had much of a conversation with you...

...perhaps its the fact that I don't know what you look like and haven't had much interaction with you (and thus retain an air of mystery) that has infatuated me so...:smallredface:

edit: just found this (http://www.theartofthemyth.com/ArtoftheMythicalWoman/Fallen.html) pic. I'll just pretend you look like it until corrected...:smallwink:This thread here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33984) is the closest you'll probably find of any pics of the undoubtedly fair lass around here.

I'll help you out here JellyPooga. I have had conversations with her, and if it weren't for the fact that she reminds me too much of my sister and that I'm already in a relationship, I'd be crushing on her too. She is quite crushable, so go right ahead and crush away.

May I suggest, though, that you go ahead and have a conversation or two with her.I'll echo this sentiment, except the sister part. She doesn't remind me of my sister at all, though she's eerily close in age to my daughter. But if I were younger I would definitely have to add my name to the deservedly long list. I think you'd find her very smart, charming, eloquent, and witty in a conversation.

The PM box is up there in the top right corner of your screen.

FdL
2007-07-09, 09:27 PM
Shouldn't people be allowed to play with the gender signs? It's there for identification and for random fun, not "Single Female looking for Single Male" flags.

No, I think you're wrong. Leaving aside anecdotes of what may have happened to any of us, I think they're there for a reason. You can have random fun with anything you want, but you may be doing it at other people's expenses.

I haven't seen the gender feature in any forum I've been before this one. I've always thought it was a good feature, because it's a step against all that is abstract and frustrating about meeting people in the internet.

Yeah, because I might definitely be dumb, but I like to think that behind every wacky screen name and exotic avatar there is a real person. I trust that there are real persons behind your posts and your opinions, with a face, with a voice, with a definite gender whatever the **** it may be, with a family and actual interests and dreams. A real person that is probably from far away so the internet is the only way to know them and share something with them.
Otherwise I wouldn't be here just posting things to abstract users hiding behind alphanumerical strings, sharing things that I really think IRL and would say to anyone's face, if they cared to hear them.

And of course, yeah, I'm heterosexual and I'm not above treating a woman differently than a guy, you can blame me for that.
And well, all this is frustrating sometimes.

About the confusion with Amotis' gender, well, I connected with her in an intellectual level thanks to shared opinions and similar interests, and I considered the qualities I saw in her as attractive in a woman. I'm not saying those are not qualities that I value in a male friend, but as from the start I assumed he was a girl, it was different to me.

But my post is certainly not about Amotis (it feels donwright stupid talking about him when we all know he can read this as much as we can). I realized my mistake, and assumed my (big) part of the responsability for getting carried away by my imagination, and the confusion it brought. No big problem, no hard feelings whatsoever.

And well, regarding the bit about "Single Female looking for Single Male flags", well, some of us like specifically to know that some of the people we meet online are female. Because people are male or female, and again, I'm working here on the assumption that everyone here is a person. And I happen to have a tendency to like female persons in a different respect than male persons, I'm not above that either and I don't think I shoould be.

I recently read a post by Rawhide with which I agree and that expresses what I feel about this even better than I do. Especially the last paragraph.

It may be fun for you but its downright rude and a betrayal to the other person if you portray yourself as something you are not for the specific intention of misleading them and making them feel stupid. Forming bonds with another is hard enough as it is without people intentionally playing stupid mind games.

I personally have not fallen into one of these horrible traps (though I have seen others who have), but I think what you and the others are doing with the deliberate intention to mislead is despicable and in poor taste.

Think of the other person and remember that it is indeed another person. Not some faceless video game character.

Uberblah
2007-07-09, 09:34 PM
Is no one in lust anymore? Come on people!! Send Rex you're crushes!!

Syka
2007-07-09, 09:40 PM
Oh, I'm in lust...Definitely. Just he knows and I'm kinda seeing him. :smallredface: I guess I've got a few other attractions (I still don't see them as crushes), but none on Giant as of yet, at least none I'd say.

Cheers,
Syka

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-09, 09:43 PM
FdL, Who is more honest than the people who where the masks on their faces?

Hm... No new crushes, I guess I'll have to make up a few....

I have a crush on {Random User #3457}

I have a Crush on that Rex Idiotarum fella, he's witty and cute, and such.

Ego Slayer
2007-07-09, 09:44 PM
I agree with FdL. If you don't want to say your fe/male, just don't put the gender symbol up. It sends a very different message than saying something you're not. It's fine if you're going to change it temporarily, but all the time... I dunno. I like to think there's someone real behind the name and avatar, too... This is first hand proof you can not always trust people on the internet.

JellyPooga
2007-07-09, 09:52 PM
*Eyes go wide and reread the sentence several times. Quickly check 'You' thread. Lungs remember they should be breathing. Takes a breath and waits. Almost patiently.*

Possibly should not have led you on...digital/web camera not present at current time and space, so you may be waiting for a pic of my tatt for a while...sorry:smallfrown:

Probably be able to get a pic (and a recent pic of me, all the ones I've posted in 'You' are at least a year out of date) posted this weekend though...:smallwink:

phoenixineohp
2007-07-09, 10:40 PM
Possibly should not have led you on...digital/web camera not present at current time and space, so you may be waiting for a pic of my tatt for a while...sorry:smallfrown:

Probably be able to get a pic (and a recent pic of me, all the ones I've posted in 'You' are at least a year out of date) posted this weekend though...:smallwink:

If that's the only way you end up leading me on, I think you're safe. :smallwink:

I guessed that one would take a while, but had to check just in case.

It's a good thing I don't post pictures, all of mine are at least 2 years old for some reason. But I look forward to your update.:smallwink:

Zeb, my many thanks. I'm glad that you get along well with your daughter and that you two are rather close. I continue to blush from the compliments and nice words though all of them could also be used to describe you too. :smallsmile: And I'll watch my pm box to see if the hint got through. ;)

PhoeKun
2007-07-09, 10:49 PM
You know... I'm a bit bothered by something. That complaints of incorrect gender symbols would pop up is hardly surprising (and for what it's worth, I sympathize with your situation: I don't think people should be deliberately misleading others about this sort of thing. There are legitimate reasons for having your announced gender not match up with your physicality, but that's not one of them).

And also, that someone would develop a crush on Amotis is hardly surprising. He is, after all, awesome. But... well... why is it that the disconnect happened at Amotis' gender, and not at me?

Vonriel
2007-07-09, 10:52 PM
Because we see more of Amotis around this forum, and there aren't many people from outside FB who decide to post here. I think.. *shrug*

And while I'm posting, I might as well say:

I have noticed that there are some very crushable people here, but unfortunately, my realist/pessimist side has decided already that nothing would come of it, other than an awkward moment or three, so there's no point in mentioning them. The pessimist in me says that it's because I'm me, while the realist says there are too many outside issues, such as distance.

:smallsigh:

Ego Slayer
2007-07-09, 11:00 PM
I can see there being a legitimate reason for not showing either symbols, but I don't know about there being a reason to show a false gender.

^: Aww, c'mon, Von!

phoenixineohp
2007-07-09, 11:00 PM
The first time I saw you post (and fell for your avatar) was during gender bending week, so I knew it was the opposite. At the time, his was still up in the air. But that is just my personal explanation.

Edit: that was to PhoeKun, not Ego's much loved cat-boy-thing avatar.

PhoeKun
2007-07-09, 11:01 PM
Because we see more of Amotis around this forum, and there aren't many people from outside FB who decide to post here. I think.. *shrug*

Why would his posting more in FB than I do have anything to do with it? I'm not asking why he has the crushes, I'm asking why the awkwardness is springing from his use of an 'incorrect' gender symbol, instead of that fact that he's in a relationship?

@Ego: It has a lot to do with the fact that gender isn't strictly binary, and a person may find they identify more with the 'other' gender than they do with their physical one... hypothetically, at any rate.

Vonriel
2007-07-09, 11:02 PM
Ohh, see, I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about your own gender symbol. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, folks...

phoenixineohp
2007-07-09, 11:03 PM
Because most people have one figured out and not the other yet? :smallfrown:

And I think we all agree that we have a diverse community that is not necessarily served best by a little pink or blue sign. However, the cases being debated are the one's where the gender bending for fun is affecting someone else.

Midnight Son
2007-07-10, 12:42 AM
Midnight son, it is not often that I take 'reminds me of my sister' comments as compliments. So thank you. But I do think you have found an even better prize in the playground. :smallwink:I'm glad you took it as a compliment, cause my sister's awesome; just not, y'know...my type.:smallyuk:

And thanks for the vote of confidence on my taste. I'm not sure she's really a prize. I think of her more as a treasure, but I guess, since I won her heart, prize will do as well. Either way, she dances through my dreams and makes my heart sing.

Alarra
2007-07-10, 01:00 AM
*waits for the collective awwwwww* *Adds in her own awwww in any case*

Have I mentioned lately how cool it is that people are finding people to love on this site? Because I love that. This is such a wonderful group of people, it only makes sense that some of them would be compatible. :smallsmile:

phoenixineohp
2007-07-10, 01:22 AM
I'm glad you took it as a compliment, cause my sister's awesome; just not, y'know...my type.:smallyuk:

And thanks for the vote of confidence on my taste. I'm not sure she's really a prize. I think of her more as a treasure, but I guess, since I won her heart, prize will do as well. Either way, she dances through my dreams and makes my heart sing.

Yes treasure would have been a better choice. But I am too overcome with 'Awwww' to go and edit it. :smallwink:

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-10, 01:34 AM
Have I mentioned lately how cool it is that people are finding people to love on this site? Because I love that. This is such a wonderful group of people, it only makes sense that some of them would be compatible. :smallsmile:Hooray for people finding each other! :smallsmile:

To quote a famous person from somewhere "Woo, woo, woo the hot gamer chick..."

:smalltongue:

Jibar
2007-07-10, 01:40 AM
@Ego: It has a lot to do with the fact that gender isn't strictly binary, and a person may find they identify more with the 'other' gender than they do with their physical one...

Hear hear to that.

And Jibar, haven't you noticed that their 'weird flirty nature' is only between the two of them? Don't you think there may be a reason for it? I would have figured you to be one who understood and 'got it' as the kids say.

Really?

Charity
2007-07-10, 02:57 AM
Let me just add a big old bundle of AWWWWW.

As for the gender symbol malarky, I figure, what harm can come of a bit of invested interest over the internet. OK so some guy thinks Jibar's a girl, if they start to invest interest in Jib they will soon hunt down his pic in the you thread... and waddya know that muffins really a guy, does it matter? If they express any kind of interest, folk will put them right, it's not like they are trying to arrange meetings in shady rooms for goodness sake. If you're happier with a pink badge than a blue one, fair play. As an aside I only have a gender icon to prevent folk thinking I'm a girl because of my name... I carry it everywhere I go... but seriously if you think about it nobody would fault a girl on this forum using the male gender icon to avoid unwanted internet advances (not saying thats prevelant here) so why is it wrong to spin it around 180?

Yiel
2007-07-10, 03:47 AM
Would you need skills as a Vet, or a Chef to properly determine the gender of a Cat-muffin?

Personally I think Jibar should keep the female icon, the girly cat-muffin avatar is cute!

Serpentine
2007-07-10, 05:21 AM
Of course, I am one to talk about crushes in the playground. :smallamused:
:smallconfused: ... >wants to ask, but suspects it's probably something I should already know<

You know Rex, that second "crush" is true :smallamused: :smallwink:

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-10, 07:54 AM
Well, of course it is, I wrote it.

Khantalas
2007-07-10, 07:58 AM
I agree with FdL. If you don't want to say your fe/male, just don't put the gender symbol up.

Or, just get your location to say that you have no gender. Like I did. And the gender-stealer did. Hooray for genderless people.

Zeb... wouldn't it be "uber-hot gamer girl", rather than "hot gamer chick"?

SMEE
2007-07-10, 08:29 AM
Crushes leads to flirting. Flirting leads to making out. Making out leads to love.

A very dangerous path, indeed. :smalltongue:

Khantalas
2007-07-10, 08:52 AM
Crushes don't lead to flirting. Well, they never did for me.

Just me being lethally curious, would skipping crushes and getting right into flirting prevent making out from leading to love? Cause if it would, that wouldn't be that bad. :smalltongue: :smallwink: You're still taking me seriously?

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-10, 09:02 AM
Zeb... wouldn't it be "uber-hot gamer girl", rather than "hot gamer chick"?Meh, so I paraphrased.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-07-10, 09:06 AM
awwww...I missed an "Awwww" moment.

Happy belated "Awwwww"

SMEE
2007-07-10, 09:26 AM
Khan: At least around here, yes, it prevents making out to lead to love most of the time.
Either that, or people don't stay together for too long for it to bring to love. :smallconfused:

Shiny, Bearer of the Pokystick
2007-07-10, 09:54 AM
Review, review, review, the myriad postings...

Aww!

Also: there's a Shiny tracker available, dear PxP? o.o;
Should I check myself for nanoprobes, or just inquire why it's necessary?

To weigh in on the gender symbol debate; if I like you, I honestly don't care what your sex is. I do, however, care what your gender is, since that affects what sort of flowers I buy you; utilizing here a more-or-less conventional definition of sex as biological/genetic and gender as psychological/cultural. Knowing what gender role a person feels most comfortable with is a great help in interacting with that person, so I feel one should be clear on that point, but not necessarily on their actual 'expressed' gender.

That said, I would make a seething-rage exception to my somewhat liberal view for anyone who's attempting to be deliberately deceptive with malicious intent. Few, I would hope, fall into that category.

Also, Awwwwww again.
Playground, you are so adorable. I wish to cuddle you, en masse. Even the ones who scare me oh-so-very-deeply in the depths of my quivering, pudding-esque heart.

Actually, I'd say it's perfectly all right to skip Crush and go to Flirt, if we're in agreement that those are appropriate 'stages'; Flirting serves as a perfectly dandy announcement of crush-ibity.
Unless you want to get a klaxon or something installed.

Klaxon:
AWOOOOOOGA! AWOOOOGA! Shiny thinks you're cute! ALERT! ALERT! Wine, roses and serenades imminent! AWOOOOGA!

Trog
2007-07-10, 09:58 AM
Hooray for people finding each other! :smallsmile:

To quote a famous person from somewhere "Woo, woo, woo the hot gamer chick..."

:smalltongue:
:smallsigh: Trog is NOT famous. Why does Trog have to keep telling people this over and... er... excuse Trog for a second.

*takes a card handed to him by a nearby person and signs his name to it. The person smiles and dashes off*

Now where was Trog again...

WHAT!? :smallannoyed:

Oh fer crying out loud.... IT WAS A GET WELL CARD... For the Giant! He's in Trog's Satyriasis Anonymous support group. His message said he couldn't sit for long periods of time... but it's really been standing up that's been the problem. Ms. the Giant's a lucky gal. Yessir.

*blinks. Then looks slyly at you*

How YOU doin? :smallamused:

:smalleek:

*Snaps a rubber band on his wrist* Dang. back to the support group.

*shuffles off* :smalltongue:

2007-07-10, 10:01 AM
Note: when I stated I wanted to hug 'the playground', I am now almost certain I mostly meant Trog.

...there's a support group?
Remind me to get a sponsor. :smalleek:

Syka
2007-07-10, 12:24 PM
Regarding the Relationships Thread, since I know some of you frequented it:

Judging from the several PM's I've recieved regarding this, it was a popular topic. Due to some events that occured last week, it was moved so that the mods can look at it. As it stands, I am not allowed to reopen the thread as it would fall under reposting a locked thread. Hopefully, once the mods have had a chance to go over it, we will get it back, but not before then.

I apologize for this and if we get it back, hopefully it will go much smoother. I do want to thank everyone who participated and gave advice- it was very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Syka

MandibleBones
2007-07-10, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the update, Syka - it's hard to lurk in a thread that's dissappeared, you know? :smalltongue:

"This is Mr. Mandible Bones, of Goodfellow AFB, Texas, USA. He... cannot be seen. Mr. Bones, would you stand UP please?"

*crickets chirp*

"Mr. Bones has learned the first rule of Not Being Seen - don't stand up. However, the mods have taken away the thread in which he was lurking."

*loud explosion*

"And now for something completely different."

Sir_Norbert
2007-07-10, 01:24 PM
I hope we get to find out why the Relationships thread was moved..... and I hope it was nothing I said :( though I don't think it can have been.

FdL
2007-07-10, 02:06 PM
And also, that someone would develop a crush on Amotis is hardly surprising. He is, after all, awesome. But... well... why is it that the disconnect happened at Amotis' gender, and not at me?

I didn't get this when I read it.

Why would his posting more in FB than I do have anything to do with it? I'm not asking why he has the crushes, I'm asking why the awkwardness is springing from his use of an 'incorrect' gender symbol, instead of that fact that he's in a relationship?

I don't get a lot from this either.
Amotis is the one supposed to be in a relationship? Well, that's the first time I've known or thought about it...See, I don't know if it's relevant, as the concept of crush is generally one-sided.

@Ego: It has a lot to do with the fact that gender isn't strictly binary, and a person may find they identify more with the 'other' gender than they do with their physical one... hypothetically, at any rate.

Well, gender IS binary, at least biologically. I understand your point(s) here, but then the whole point of having a gender is lost. Don't know what the idea of having one was in the first place, because suddenly something as simple of knowing the gender of your interlocutor seems to be a crazy proposition in this forums.

Heh...You know? I don't want to annoy or bother anyone here...I'm getting kinda tired of the subject I brought myself to this thread... :p I think I'm going to take some time off these forums because it's turning kinda uncomfortable and well, tiresome...

I don't think my absence would be noticed, anyway, I'm the first person to admit I'm not a very good contributor to this community, in any way. Though I do like being here... :s

Jibar
2007-07-10, 02:32 PM
Well, gender IS binary, at least biologically. I understand your point(s) here, but then the whole point of having a gender is lost. Don't know what the idea of having one was in the first place, because suddenly something as simple of knowing the gender of your interlocutor seems to be a crazy proposition in this forums.
I don't think my absence would be noticed, anyway, I'm the first person to admit I'm not a very good contributor to this community, in any way. Though I do like being here... :s

He's speaking more from the psychological side of things. I believe sex is the biological term.
We have like three threads where this kind of conversation has risen.

I would also like to say that you are one of the posters I look forward to reading the replies of.
"Recently posted by Fdl" always fills me with joyful anticipation. If you would like time off, then by all means do, but don't think you won't be missed.

Syka
2007-07-10, 02:42 PM
FdL, don't take time off just cause you don't agree with a couple people. :P I haven't agreed with everyone on here, but we still get on fine. It's just a matter of how the disagreements are handled.

And just because you don't contribute a lot doesn't mean that you are not contributing to the forum. Stop being so hard on yourself. :smalltongue:

Cheers,
Syka

Khantalas
2007-07-10, 02:57 PM
And just because you don't contribute a lot doesn't mean that you are not contributing to the forum. Stop being so hard on yourself. :smalltongue:

Agreed. I don't contribute anything and I'm still here. Not contributing much is no excuse to leave!

PhoeKun
2007-07-10, 08:47 PM
I didn't get this when I read it.

I don't get a lot from this either.
Amotis is the one supposed to be in a relationship? Well, that's the first time I've known or thought about it...See, I don't know if it's relevant, as the concept of crush is generally one-sided.

Heh...You know? I don't want to annoy or bother anyone here...I'm getting kinda tired of the subject I brought myself to this thread... :p I think I'm going to take some time off these forums because it's turning kinda uncomfortable and well, tiresome...

Ok, it's likely you won't respond to this (and might not even read it), but I feel like I should clarify: Amotis is my boyfriend. I missed the part where this wasn't obvious, but enough people have demonstrated confusion that I am forced to conclude we weren't as clear as I thought we were about the relationship. Do my comments make more sense now?

Trog
2007-07-10, 08:58 PM
Amotis is my boyfriend.
And you two are such a cute couple too. :smallsmile:

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-10, 09:06 PM
One of the reasons I was upset when you and Thes broke off for that little while is because I wanted the couples in the playground to gather together and have an impartial judge determine which of us was the "cutest couple in the playground." :smallamused:

Seriously...Lord Herman should make that a thread. I'm not sure who'd get my vote at this point...

Bookman
2007-07-10, 09:21 PM
Seriously...Lord Herman should make that a thread. I'm not sure who'd get my vote at this point...

OO OO OO

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME! *waves hand*

Wait........I need to find someone first........... :tongue:

Serpentine
2007-07-10, 09:29 PM
One of the reasons I was upset when you and Thes broke off for that little while is because I wanted the couples in the playground to gather together and have an impartial judge determine which of us was the "cutest couple in the playground." :smallamused:
"Us"?! :smalleek:
>crawls under rock again<

FdL
2007-07-10, 09:38 PM
Ok, it's likely you won't respond to this (and might not even read it), but I feel like I should clarify: Amotis is my boyfriend. I missed the part where this wasn't obvious, but enough people have demonstrated confusion that I am forced to conclude we weren't as clear as I thought we were about the relationship. Do my comments make more sense now?

Hell yeah.

Of course, I think there was no reason why I should have known this, besides a couple of hints around (I had my suspicions). It's not like it was on a sticky, maybe your closest playgrounders did know but I think it's far from common knowledge (ie, it's not a sticky :p)

Again, I don't think you need to "come clean" or whatever about any relationship you have. I don't have any right to ask you to do so. I apologize if I made you and Amotis or whoever uncomfortable. It was never my intention. It's just that sometimes it's hard to communicate with subtleties and ambiguity. (Me = zero social skills)

Anyway, congratulations on your relationship, I feel happy for you both because you are both really nice people.

I would also like to say that you are one of the posters I look forward to reading the replies of.
"Recently posted by Fdl" always fills me with joyful anticipation. If you would like time off, then by all means do, but don't think you won't be missed.

You made me laugh with this :D I love sarcastic humor :)
Seriously, thanks for the comment, I do appreciate it.

FdL, don't take time off just cause you don't agree with a couple people. :P I haven't agreed with everyone on here, but we still get on fine. It's just a matter of how the disagreements are handled.

Well, it's not at all because I don't agree with people. I can't help to think the way I think, though many times I seem to be wrong.
I am the problem, I know it.
There are many people here who are kind and friendly and totally great. And it's really good to say I know you, at least a little from what I read about you. The whole community is very warm and family-like to an extent. But I don't know why I feel like I don't fit.

But anyway, Syka, I think I've told you before how much you rule. But here it is again. *hug*

phoenixineohp
2007-07-10, 09:47 PM
Neither Sex or Gender are truly binary. In the US, Britian, Australia and Canada, the general population thinks so, but other countries have other systems. The general idea is that Sex is what your genetics or body says and Gender is what your mind says. Wiki is pretty good about covering it all, if you are interested.

Please don't leave the forums because of disagreement. I think you have become a welcome member of the forum family and we'd be sad to see you go.
Edit: I was writing this when you posted. There really is that family feeling, eh?
Yes I am Canadian. ^^;

And now for something completely different...

Another rousing 'Awwww' with an added hooray for clear statements! Hopefully that will help with the confusion. :smallconfused:

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-10, 09:50 PM
@FdL: But we need you over in the media forums. Without you, there's only me and Amotis to go on about obscure indie bands, and I'm woefully under-equipped to deal with that. I'm only a padawan.

>crawls under rock again<

It appears I've been caught. I'm only responding to this because I have her permission. We were keeping things secret for these first few months, but we've figured the time is right, so...

Okay, people. Announcement: anyone who's even glanced at me and Ego together should have seen that we've fallen for each other. In my case, very hard...6.022x1023d6 points of damage hard. However, we've kept it secret for a number of reasons:

1> Age. She's younger than me. However, she has talked to her parents about this so I don't need any comments on this issue.

2> Some people may remember a post in ye olde relationships thread that said I don't like to be public about my relationships. I'm not Tom Cruse and would specifically like to avoid any "aww"-ing. (Ego says she'll stab the first person who does that...:smallwink:)

So...there. I really am completely in love with her. I just don't feel like advertising the fact (unless it's the kiss/kill game :smallamused:). A few close friends know, but otherwise that was it until now.

Syka
2007-07-10, 09:53 PM
Love is in the air. :) I will respect your wishes and refrain from awwing. At least audibly. Awwww.

I had my suspicions about Amotis and Phoekun but I don't generally comment unless I am totally sure. I'm glad to see love abounds in the Playground, even if it seems to be getting a bit hesitant in my own life. :smallsmile:

Cheers,
Syka

Trog
2007-07-10, 09:54 PM
I really am completely in love with her.

Awwwwwwww :smallsmile:

*readies potion of extra healing* :smalltongue:

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-10, 09:56 PM
Awwwwww*erk!
Totally...worth...it
*Dies*

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-10, 09:57 PM
I have officially developed a crush on a Playgrounder. Rather than play games, I sent her a PM. I don't expect anything out of it, but...well, kudos to me for trying, eh? :smallredface:

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-10, 10:01 PM
I have officially developed a crush on a Playgrounder. Rather than play games, I sent her a PM. I don't expect anything out of it, but...well, kudos to me for trying, eh? :smallredface:

Heh. On the other hand, you needn't worry about getting
"Bor? Who's that?" as a reaction on these boards.

You gain quest XP either way, so good on yer!

Serpentine
2007-07-10, 10:01 PM
Oh man, all the hot chicks (and, uh, one guy...) get all the cool guys :smallfrown:
>not worried that Goff'll get offended, cuz he never comes here anyways :smalltongue:<

Nomrom
2007-07-10, 10:02 PM

So, having been an active member for only about a month or so, and having thought that about you two that whole time, I actually assumed that it was already public information. Also, this marks probably the first time I was right about one of these relationships. Usually, I am the last person to pick up on any of these things.

FdL
2007-07-10, 10:07 PM
OMG! It's like a love explosion in the playground!!!!! :o

That's so cool Zombie! I congratulate you too. Love rules.
No "awww"-ing will be done. I don't think I do that. But you know, the feeling is there :)

@FdL: But we need you over in the media forums. Without you, there's only me and Amotis to go on about obscure indie bands, and I'm woefully under-equipped to deal with that. I'm only a padawan.

Hahahaha! You're right, that is a worthy cause. :)
But you are no longer a padawan. You have what it takes. You have our sacred weapon (the Jazzmaster). You will know how to use it.

@Phoenixineohp (can I call you phoenix? :p): Thanks for your words ^^
The thing about sex and gender is a delicate one, yeah, I'm sorry I didn't take the time to research it properly before I used the term. I did read about it in one of my subjects (literature).

Oh, and technically wasn't a simu-post because it took me ages to write it :) Feels like I was cheating.

SMEE
2007-07-10, 10:08 PM
Wow, there seems to be quite a lot of couples in the playground. :smalleek:

I too would look foward to have a significant other in the playground, but the suitable ones are too far away. At least for now. :smallfrown:

That being said... *winks at Khan general direction*

Also, Amotis and Phoe make for a way too cute couple. :smallsmile:

SDF
2007-07-10, 10:10 PM
Okay, people. Announcement: anyone who's even glanced at me and Ego together should have seen that we've fallen for each other. In my case, very hard...1X10^99999 d6 points of damage hard.

So...there. I really am completely in love with her. I just don't feel like advertising the fact (unless it's the kiss/kill game :smallamused:). A few close friends know, but otherwise that was it until now.

Awesome :smallcool: Absolutely no need to elaborate.

2007-07-10, 10:11 PM
So...very...adorable.
I feel a sudden urge to cuddle kittens and bake cupcakes and pick flowers.
:smallsmile:

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-10, 10:13 PM
So...very...adorable.
I feel a sudden urge to cuddle kittens and bake cupcakes and pick flowers.
:smallsmile:

I encourage you to bake as many cupcakes as possible.

IT IS IMPERATIVE

Bookman
2007-07-10, 10:14 PM

IT IS IMPERATIVE

Yes. And then ship them to me. It's the only way to SAVE THE PRINCESS.

On a note to bring this back from random banteresque......

I have a crush not in the playground that I need to stop and am slowly working to that goal.

IT IS IMPERATIVE
I'm also sort of tempted to combine the kittens and the cupcakes, and bake some Jibars.

Also, to avoid any trace of ambiguity, and bring things back on track: I have a nascent crush on the stunning M. Elanya, in the hope that her beauty is accompanied by similar discernment and fit eccentricity- and I have little doubt on that score, by all accounts.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
Okay, let's be clear...I fully expect one of three reactions.

1: Said female is staring at my PM, eyes wide, and wishing there was some way to reel in her jaw. There were no signs leading up to it, so this reaction can be viewed, if you will, as probably trauma. :smalleek:

2: Rejection. No shock, really. You get kind of used to it when your cat rejects your attempts at affection. (Down, you warped perverts! When I "pet the kitty," I am LITERALLY petting a cat! :smalltongue: )

3: Acceptance of my affections, which will then have me wishing I could reel in MY jaw. Then...then...Why, I'll...probably take a pill and recover for a bit before saying more. :smallredface:

Nomrom
2007-07-10, 10:15 PM
If you end up baking too many cupcakes and feel the need to share them with your fellow playgrounders, I am sure we will find a way to make use of them.

I suppose I will also go ahead and use this thread for its intended purpose. I have of course had crushes in my life, and actually have a crush right now on someone I met in college. I have met people who I could seriously see myself being in a relationship with. None of these people are ever single though. They're always involved with someone else in a long and happy relationship. I don't know why I have to keep doing that to myself, but it's always true.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-10, 10:17 PM

1: Said female is staring at my PM, eyes wide, and wishing there was some way to reel in her jaw. There were no signs leading up to it, so this reaction can be viewed, if you will, as probably trauma. :smalleek:

2: Rejection. No shock, really. You get kind of used to it when your cat rejects your attempts at affection. (Down, you warped perverts! When I "pet the kitty," I am LITERALLY petting a cat! :smalltongue: )

3: Acceptance of my affections, which will then have me wishing I could reel in MY jaw. Then...then...Why, I'll...probably take a pill and recover for a bit before saying more. :smallredface:

4. The lady in question bites her lip thoughtfully, goes to her desk to pick up a pen and paper, and sits down to compose a careful response, while music plays. The camera pans right, and John Cleese can be seen sitting at a desk.
"And now for something completely different"

(Good luck, Bor :smallwink: )

Yiel
2007-07-10, 10:17 PM
Awwwwww :smallbiggrin: Lovely to hear ZombieRockStar & EgoSlayer (I'll risk the stabbing)

An awwwwwww (and a hug) for Bor for being so brave! (I hope she responds to you soon so we can find out who she is)

and Amotis & Phoekun!... and Trog & Thes back together again! ... and Midnight Son and Ashildr! (and anyone I missed so very many awwwws needed)

*head explodes from overwhelming cuteness of Love in the Playground*

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-10, 10:22 PM

It was #2. Thus, life goes on as it has for many a year.

I'm off to slaughter dinosaurs and zombies, which seems to work out much better for me.

As to her identity, that is between her and I, and of no consequence whatsoever.

Be well.

Serpentine
2007-07-10, 10:25 PM
Awww. Can we poke in her general direction 'til she owns up? :smalltongue:
Poor Bor. >hug< Better luck next time. And watch out for archaeopteryx, they'll sneak up on you :smallwink:

FdL
2007-07-10, 10:28 PM

It sure does, pal.

I've been rejected today too. In real life.

It was all pretty casual, thankfully, there was not a lot of time to feel anything once the words were out of my lips and bounced off the loveliest, cattiest green eyes you can imagine.

Oh, oh! I have a bad joke about this! ^^:

"It sure feels like #2".

Which does! (oh, where would I be without my weird sense of humour?)

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-10, 10:31 PM
I was lucky the first time :smallbiggrin:
Still together 2 years and running.

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-10, 10:33 PM

I'm off to slaughter dinosaurs and zombies, which seems to work out much better for me.

We are easily slaughterable, and make for great stress relief.

Best way to deal with the feeling, methinks. Counter it with something you enjoy.

Not me, you idiot! The computer zombies! :smallwink:

Nomrom
2007-07-10, 10:33 PM
Well, at least you guys have the guts to try. So when the time does come along, you won't be afraid to take the first step and have the opportunity pass you by.

Skippy
2007-07-10, 10:35 PM
Okay, people. Announcement: anyone who's even glanced at me and Ego together should have seen that we've fallen for each other. In my case, very hard...1X10^99999 d6 points of damage hard.

Meh, whatever... Just let someone else kill/kiss her too once in a while, will you?

Ego Slayer
2007-07-10, 10:37 PM
^: You all just type too slow.:smallamused:

So, yeah... I repeat the "no aww-ing" warning. Please? *shrug* Oh, well... you'll get bored with aww-ing eventually. =P

Love is in the air. :) I will respect your wishes and refrain from awwing. At least audibly. Awwww.

Awwwwwwww :smallsmile:

Awwwwww*erk!
Totally...worth...it
*Dies*

Awwwwww Lovely to hear ZombieRockStar & EgoSlayer (I'll risk the stabbing)
Sheesh, you people can't follow instructions, can you?:smallwink:
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/EgoSlayer/catgirlisnotamused.gif

Awww. I love you too.:smallbiggrin:

Sorry to hear it, Bor. What can be done... please don't shoot my Zombie.

Serpentine
2007-07-10, 10:38 PM
(oh, where would I be without my weird sense of humour?)
Japan!:smallbiggrin:

...what?

Heh, I find it kinda interesting that amongst all this "awwww lookit all da cwoot ickle cupples" noone's taken any notice of Goff and myself... then again, he almost never comes into FB, and I think has hardly been posting even in Gaming and Homebrewing. Then again again, he does come to my defense occasionally... Sneh.

Lucky
2007-07-10, 10:41 PM
So, yeah... I repeat the "no aww-ing" warning. Please? *shrug* Oh, well... you'll get bored with aww-ing eventually. =P

Awwwwwww...

Bah, who am I kidding? I'm not capable of true emotion anyways.

FdL
2007-07-10, 10:44 PM
(oh, where would I be without my weird sense of humour?)

Japan!:smallbiggrin:

...what?

You know, I'm totally into that kind of jokes ^^

Ego Slayer
Awwwwwww...

Bah, who am I kidding? I'm not capable of true emotion anyways.
Are you saying this because you want to be stabbed, or because you know that I know you lack true emotion, and thus might not be stabbed?

Lucky
Are you saying this because you want to be stabbed, or because you know that I know you lack true emotion, and thus might not be stabbed?I did it out of spite.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-10, 10:45 PM
What does it matter? apparently he can't feel anguish. :smallwink:
Here's a thought: you could always punt him while wearing ice skates. Best of both worlds, right?

Bookman
I did it out of spite.

That's the Lucky we all love and know.

And argue with. Don't forget the arguing!

Ego Slayer
I did it out of spite.
Love you, too.
I'm not stabbing you.

Hey, hey, hey... I forgot about the punting.:smallamused: *PUNT!!*

SDF
2007-07-10, 10:46 PM
Oh, well... you'll get bored with aww-ing eventually. =P

I wouldn't count on it. :smallwink:

Syka
2007-07-10, 10:48 PM
Hehe, thanks for highlighting mine, Ego. :smallwink: I was wondering when someone was going to catch that. Did a good job of hiding it, if I do say so myself...I'll stop now.

Cheers,
Syka

Skippy
2007-07-10, 10:49 PM
Well, here everybody argues with somebody else... Or almost everyone... I used to stab caw whenever it was possible but now he's nowhere to be seen... Anyway, good for you two!! And it's not that I type too slow, he is always there, lurking... Waiting for you to post... That way it isn't fun...

Lucky
2007-07-10, 10:50 PM
That's the Lucky we all love and know.

And argue with. Don't forget the arguing!:smallconfused:

Hey, hey, hey... I forgot about the punting.:smallamused: *PUNT!!*Damn! My Mind-Wipe 2000 was almost done with the entire playground! Now I have to start all over again. :smallmad:

Alarra
2007-07-10, 10:54 PM
Well, here everybody argues with somebody else... Or almost everyone... I used to stab caw whenever it was possible but now he's nowhere to be seen... Anyway, good for you two!! And it's not that I type too slow, he is always there, lurking... Waiting for you to post... That way it isn't fun...

Wait just a minute here....I know I may have not been around stabbity death as often of late, but Caw is MY stabbity partner. And has been for well....a really freaking long time...well before you even knew this forum existed. He writes me messages....and umm....I have people that im me to inform me he's the most recent poster and that I should go stab him .....and um....I even stab him on OTHER FORUMS....that don't even HAVE stabbity death....so umm...NO! CAW IS MINE! Ermm.....:smallredface: :smallsmile:

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-10, 10:58 PM
Uh...
http://www.forthewicked.net/gallery/goodies/lj_kytha-awkwardsilence.jpg

Yeah.

Yiel
2007-07-10, 11:00 PM
And on request for Serpentine and Goff.. *clears throat*... Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

(and warm jumpers for the Armidale winter... *shivers at the thought of it*)

PhoeKun
2007-07-10, 11:02 PM
Wait just a minute here....I know I may have not been around stabbity death as often of late, but Caw is MY stabbity partner. And has been for well....a really freaking long time...well before you even knew this forum existed. He writes me messages....and umm....I have people that im me to inform me he's the most recent poster and that I should go stab him .....and um....I even stab him on OTHER FORUMS....that don't even HAVE stabbity death....so umm...NO! CAW IS MINE! Ermm.....:smallredface: :smallsmile:

You see that right there? They call that dedication! :smallamused:

@Ego/ZRS: No "awwwws" from me (maybe because I already knew), but I'm happy you guys are at a point where you can be open about things. S'cool and stuff (well... that was eloquent).

Serpentine
2007-07-10, 11:05 PM
(and warm jumpers for the Armidale winter... *shivers at the thought of it*)
Oooh, thankee. I have enough, but Goff only has one really good one. It snowed the other day... >shivers at the actuality of it<

Skippy
2007-07-10, 11:18 PM
Finder's keepers, hun...

Anyway, he hasn't been around for some time now, so I guess none of us can stab him right now...

But now I declare the "caw-stabbing war" open!!!

*Moving to SMBG, since this isn't the appropiate place to do so...*

Midnight Son
2007-07-10, 11:18 PM
Funny thing. I've been Aaawwwwwing over the Ego/ZRS relationship for a while. They're just so cute together. It surprises me that so few noticed. And Ego, I would suggest you take it up with Ashildr before you go stabbing me or anything. She's likely to give you the green light on it, but stabbing without permission is just rude.:smallwink:

Nomrom
2007-07-10, 11:22 PM
Heh, I find it kinda interesting that amongst all this "awwww lookit all da cwoot ickle cupples" noone's taken any notice of Goff and myself... then again, he almost never comes into FB, and I think has hardly been posting even in Gaming and Homebrewing. Then again again, he does come to my defense occasionally... Sneh.

Well, in my defense, I can honestly say that in my short time of posting, I don't think I've ever met him, and that I had no idea there was even a relationship there.

Alarra
2007-07-10, 11:29 PM
I'd aww Zombie and Ego....or Phoe and Am....but I've known for ages. :smallcool:

Aramil Liadon
2007-07-10, 11:31 PM
Ego/ZRS were too subtle? Yeah, right.
General, undirected 'Awwwwwwwwwww' before I return to my lurk.

phoenixineohp
2007-07-10, 11:32 PM
I figured something was up. But I'll give a great big Whoot! at the declaration and present the newly obvious couple with matching daggers as a practical gift. With the Awww's they might get broken in early. :smallwink:

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-10, 11:37 PM
Holy out of control thread, Batman!

First, how could anyone look at either PhoeKun's or Amotis's sig's and not know they were together? And a delightful pair, too. I thought Zombie and Ego were a given too, to be honest.

Bor, I hope she was at least nice about it. I'd bet a lot of cupcakes she was. Here, have a (beverage of your choice). :smallcool:

Everyone else, have the guts to try. You might just be pleasantly surprised. :smallredface:

RationalGoblin
2007-07-11, 12:25 AM
If I'm right, there's been two couples on the Playground that fell in love here and got married, right?

If so, then thats how many couples over the Playground? (including the married ones) There's Trog/Thes, I think Midnight Son met Ashildr before she joined the playground, so with Phoe/Amotis (Are they both female, or does one of them have a misleading gender icon? I won't comment about it, just curious) and ZRS/Ego, thats 5.

Shall I commence with the Awww now for all the happy couples? Ahem. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAN YOU FOUND SOMEONE OVER THE PLAYGROUND AND I DIDN'T! AWWWWWWWW :smallwink:

In all seriousness, good for all four of you who recently fell in love. I'd tip my hat to you, but I don't have a hat.

zeratul
2007-07-11, 12:29 AM
Can someone please inform me as to the page on which ego/zrs announced the thing which occured? I can't find it.

phoenixineohp
2007-07-11, 12:30 AM
Your count is a little off and the definition of 'misleading' gender/sex signs may... well it's just best to leave that one alone. :smalltongue:

You count may be off due to relationships that started here and have ended by this point.

@^ or VV It was the second post on page 11 of this thread.

Serpentine
*ahem*

If I'm right, there's been two couples on the Playground that fell in love here and got married, right?
No comment, as I'm not sure.

There's Trog/Thes
True. Although there was a bit of a shake-up for a moment there...:smallconfused:

I think Midnight Son met Ashildr before she joined the playground
I'm certain that's mistaken. I think Ashildr's a relatively recent addition, and I'm sure I saw the posts that signalled their union.

Phoe/Amotis (Are they both female, or does one of them have a misleading gender icon? I won't comment about it, just curious)
Their photos say you're mistaken on both counts :smallamused:

ZRS/Ego, thats 5.
6 :smalltongue:

Skippy
I guess it was in last page, or just two pages ago...

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-11, 12:32 AM

If so, then thats how many couples over the Playground? (including the married ones) There's Trog/Thes, I think Midnight Son met Ashildr before she joined the playground, so with Phoe/Amotis (Are they both female, or does one of them have a misleading gender icon? I won't comment about it, just curious) and ZRS/Ego, thats 5.

Shall I commence with the Awww now for all the happy couples? Ahem. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW MAN YOU FOUND SOMEONE OVER THE PLAYGROUND AND I DIDN'T! AWWWWWWWW :smallwink:

In all seriousness, good for all four of you who recently fell in love. I'd tip my hat to you, but I don't have a hat.I'm only aware of one marriage, and that's the thread stickied in FB. MS met Ashildr here in the Playground, and fairly recently if I'm not mistaken. PhoeKun and Amotis are both male, as indicated by pictures in the You thread. That's still 5 by my count though, at least that are talking about it. There may be more connections that just haven't announced anything for one reason or another.

The Playground, it's not just for Banter anymore. :smallbiggrin:

zeratul
2007-07-11, 12:42 AM
Well good for you guys. No aws from me, I don't want ego mad at me, good luck guys *engulfing hug*

Alarra
2007-07-11, 12:44 AM
There was one marriage (ceres and uthmah....who were quite the adorable couple at the time they were getting together as well), and one engagement (myself and theChris), that were stickied. Chris and I are no longer together though.

And I have to think that there are more people that have gotten together around here than that.....I just can't think of them right now.

*ponders saying something about her own budding relationship...but deciding that she's unsure as to whether or not they would be termed a couple yet, and since it's all rather recent, wanders away instead, deciding to wait until he says something*

Trog
2007-07-11, 12:47 AM
For the record Trog knew about each of the couples listed above BEFORE they were posted offically. Trog just likes to go "Awwwww." :smallbiggrin: Trog keeps his ear to the ground *jerks thumb over shoulder* It's in the garage somewhere if you want Trog to go get it.

Speaking of which Trog BELIEVES Trog was promised/threatened with a stabbitying for saying that phrase. :smallannoyed: Hmmmpf! Trog feels slighted for not getting a just comeuppance. Well just for that...

"Zombiego" :smalltongue: :smallwink:

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-07-11, 12:49 AM
I do, however, care what your gender is, since that affects what sort of flowers I buy you.

I like black roses.

*Someone from the backstage passes Death a note*

Wait, this comment was not to Death?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/finishedsignbig-1.png

Not cute enough for roses am I? *mutters about changing his avatar*

Just remember Ego, Trog, Thes, ZRS, Phoe, Amotis, MS, Ashy that love means never winning at tennis.

*nods wisely as he imparts wisdom onto the children*

Midnight Son
2007-07-11, 12:52 AM
I'm only aware of one marriage, and that's the thread stickied in FB. MS met Ashildr here in the Playground, and fairly recently if I'm not mistaken. PhoeKun and Amotis are both male, as indicated by pictures in the You thread. That's still 5 by my count though, at least that are talking about it. There may be more connections that just haven't announced anything for one reason or another.

The Playground, it's not just for Banter anymore. :smallbiggrin:

That is correct, Zeb. I met Ashildr in February due to the Virtual Valentine thing that Amotis started in ittybittykitty's V-day Cometh thread. I thank you both for that.

Amotis
2007-07-11, 12:53 AM
In which I too was Phoe's Virtual Valentine. :smalltongue:

I'm thanking myself for that, thank you very much. :smallamused:

Supagoof
2007-07-11, 12:55 AM
I like black roses.

*Someone from the backstage passes Death a note*

Wait, this comment was not to Death?

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/z-t/finishedsignbig-1.png

Just remember Ego, Trog, Thes, ZRS, Phoe, Amotis, MS, Ashy that love means never winning at tennis.

*nods wisely as he imparts wisdom onto the children*

Really? Then why did my wife marry me...and all those times I kicked her butt at the game too......:smalltongue:

No, seriously, here Death. *hands him roses that were spray painted black.*
Best I can do. Sorry they don't mean much more then "I dig ya man", but anything to keep you away from my hourglass for a few more years y'know. :smallwink:

Serpentine
2007-07-11, 01:07 AM
I like black roses...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h287/serpentine16/Avatarables/Serpentineflowers.gif

Alarra
2007-07-11, 01:12 AM
*hands death a bouquet of black roses and gives him a kiss on the cheek, and also hands him a cupcake, cause Death likes them, I think* I've missed you deathikins. Come back to werewolf...*pouts*

*can't resist giving people flowers when they ask for them, or mention them, or have never gotten them before....okay, maybe just likes giving flowers*

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-11, 01:18 AM
Hi there, I know it's quite a common thing here, but I have something of a crush for Alarra. I really like the way she posts, and she seems to be quite cute, too

There, I said it!!

Hey, new Crush.

Alarra
2007-07-11, 02:02 AM
Ooooh....*feels flattered and wonders who sent that* Not that I really need any more crushes. :smallredface: *juggles a bit* But they're always nice to learn of.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-11, 02:04 AM
*ponders saying something about her own budding relationship...but deciding that she's unsure as to whether or not they would be termed a couple yet, and since it's all rather recent, wanders away instead, deciding to wait until he says something*SOMETHING! :smallredface:

It seems I learned more at The Great SouthEast GitP Meetup than how to play the OotS Adventure Game and Kubb.

Suffice it to say that I found her every bit as charming and delightful in person as I did through the facade of a screen name and avatar. So I told her so, and guess what? It seems she saw something she liked in me too. I've been dancing on a cloud since then.

Funny thing, I'm pretty sure this one doesn't come as news to Trog's ear either.

Jibar
2007-07-11, 02:06 AM

Why!? Why must there be all the love!?

We need a crying smiley...

Alarra
2007-07-11, 02:10 AM
Funny thing, I'm pretty sure this one doesn't come as news to Trog's ear either.

Likely no...that Trog...he's got connections. :smalltongue:

*hops onto a cloud and dances along with him* Ooh...fluffy....
:smallbiggrin: I adore you, Zeb.

Aww...come'ere you little ball of fluffy cat muffin. *drags Jibar onto his own fluffy cloud*

Serpentine
2007-07-11, 02:17 AM
>runs the cat-muffin a nice warm fudge-bath. With bubbles, somehow<

Oh, and I did mean what I said in your other thread, Jibar.:smalltongue:

Jibar
2007-07-11, 02:21 AM
Aww...come'ere you little ball of fluffy cat muffin. *drags Jibar onto his own fluffy cloud*

*eats the fluffy cloud*

Ewwwww...
Tastes like egg.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 07:31 AM
I was going to leave it alone. Alas, I awoke around 2:00 AM and my mind started working. Rather unfair, if you ask me, as I don't recall doing anything particularly unkind to my mind. Thus, I warmed up Prometheus (my computer) and sat down to start another rant for a piece with the working title of Uncommon Sense. To accompany my scribblings, I decided to listen to Sting's Brand New Day.

When "Desert Rose" came on, I was immediately reminded of my recent adventures on this very thread. For the record, I liked this song long before it was decalred "a hit." But I had a little problem with Cheb Mami's lyrics. You see, I'm told they're in "Arabic." My issue isn't political in any way...it's in translation. Saying lyrics are in Arabic is like saying lyrics are in Chinese. There are so many dialects that "Arabic" becomes a huge generalization. What's more, the actual message is lost in translation. If I was to say in Yiddish, "A blessing on your belly button," it just sounds silly. And while that's the literal translation, what I've really done is thank G-d for your very existence. For this reason, my search for a translation became fruitless, as there are different versions lying about. Thus, I have cut quite a bit from the song and got down to that which most will understand.

I've even read that Sting, himself, didn't know what Mami was singing. What was understood was that Cheb Mami's lyrics fulfilled the general theme of the song: longing.

I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in pain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand

I dream of fire
Those dreams are tied to a horse that will never tire
And in the flames
Her shadows play in the shape of a man's desire

This desert rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this

And as she turns
This way she moves in the logic of all my dreams
This fire burns
I realize that nothing's as it seems

I dream of rain
I wake in pain
I dream of rain
I lift my gaze to empty skies above
I close my eyes, this rare perfume
Is the sweet intoxication of her love

I dream of rain
I wake in pain
This Desert Rose
Each of her veils, a secret promise
This desert flower
No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this
Sweet Desert Rose
This momery of Eden haunts as all
This desert flower, this rare perfume
Is the sweet intoxication of her fall

Unfamiliar with the song? Try: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjHkj-uSt_Y ...and try to ignore the video. It's the song that matters.

Disclaimer: this song may make some think of a certain belly-dancing member of GitP. Let it be known that you DEFINITELY have the wrong woman on my mind.

AngelSword
2007-07-11, 07:48 AM
:smallfrown: I gotta stop reading these kind of threads.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 08:04 AM
Sorry. Was my last post damaging? I thought I instructed Cupid to aim for a specific heart, and not one that just happened by.

*hands over +5 Band-aid of Consolation*

Don't let the romantic pursuits of others get you down. Let them inspire you, instead. :smallsmile:

Khantalas
2007-07-11, 08:07 AM
Me too. Especially this thread.

Then again, I knew all of those relationships before they happened, so... Umm... I know there is a logical way to end that sentence.

Remember, people... I am sustained by your misery and suffering. Not Stacey's, but of all the others'. And you are just... killing me. Why are you taking me seriously again?

^ But Bor... Cupid is naturally sadistic. Why would you expect him to miss the chance of making others hurt?

Also, something I forgot...

*winks back at SMEE's general direction, too*

AngelSword
2007-07-11, 08:23 AM
You feed on suffering, eh? Then you must have had a full plate from me back in '05

MR.PIXIE
2007-07-11, 08:28 AM

Thats what he said !He left me to say it was you and me.<-- Kidding:smalltongue:

Khantalas
2007-07-11, 08:33 AM
Oh, I only feed on health suffering. Unhealthy suffering makes me ill. That, and Lord Pestilence will probably never talk to me again if I encroach on his territory.

Also, are we posting heartache songs? Yay!

"Oh, an incurable humanist you are.
(x4)

Let's go to the movies,
I will hum you a song about nothing at all
(x2)

Let's go to the movies, Let's go to the movies,
Nothing at all, Nothing at all, Nothing at all, Nothing at all.

Oh, An incurable humanist you are.
(x2)

Let's go to the movies,
I will hum you a song about nothing at all

Let's go to the movies,
I will sing you a song about nothing at all

Let's go to the movies, Let's go to the movies,
Nothing at all, Nothing at all, Nothing at all, Nothing at all.

Sit down class, open up your textbooks to page 42.

Porcupine-ology, antler-ology, car-ology, bus-ology, train-ology, plane-ology, mama-ology, papa-ology,you-ology, me-ology, love-ology, kiss-ology, stay-ology, please-ology.

Let's study class, let's study class. Sit down.

Love-ology, love-ology, I'm sorry-ology, forgive me-ology, love-ology, love-ology, I'm sorry-ology, forgive me-ology, love-ology, Love-ology.

Let's study class, let's study class.

Love-ology. Let's study class, sit down.

Love-ology, love-ology, I'm sorry-ology, forgive me-ology, love-ology, love-ology. I'm sorry-ology, forgive me-ology, love-ology, Love-ology.

Love-ology (x6)

Oh, an incurable humanist you are (x3)
Oh, forgive me, Oh, forgive me, Oh.
Forgive me, forgive me, forgive me-ology (x6)"

It doesn't fit? No? Well, you can't tell me what to listen when my heart is broken, Mister Sister!

Trog
2007-07-11, 08:37 AM
Nope. Nothin' new there either. I tell you you gotta get one of these ear thingies. They're handy. Though one time Trog did slip on it while taking out the garbage... Then there was the time Trog hit it with the lawnmower on accident.

And the rats. Trog almost forgot about the rats nibbling on it...

It's really just more of a lobe at this point.

Charity
2007-07-11, 09:09 AM
*ponders saying something about her own budding relationship...but deciding that she's unsure as to whether or not they would be termed a couple yet, and since it's all rather recent, wanders away instead, deciding to wait until he says something*

You are the most dreadful tease.
You know I can't take it *paces around wondering whom might know and pondering the leverage he might exert*
*reads rest of thread*

Awwwwwwww

Rawhide
2007-07-11, 10:26 AM
I should like to point out that my inbox is open if someone would like to send me a completely confidential romantic gesture...

Charity
2007-07-11, 10:33 AM
Aw we love you Raw.

Post a pic on the you thread, that'll have the girls drooling over you, it worked for me*... er well it didn't but .. it might work for you.

*Please note < is married < is happy < is just kidding about and < is old.

SMEE
2007-07-11, 10:37 AM
* adds another name to the too far away list :smallfrown:

And... wait, wasn't Raw married or something? :smallconfused:

* curses self for living far away from everyone.

PhoeKun
2007-07-11, 10:41 AM
* adds another name to the too far away list :smallfrown:

* curses self for living far away from everyone.

Long distance relationships are more fulfilling than you might think...

2007-07-11, 10:41 AM

He's married to his Job.

*nods wisely, but not so wisely that he lets slip Rawhide is a part of the Australia secret service and goes by the code name double O three*

Rawhide
2007-07-11, 10:46 AM
Definitely not married or anything of the like.

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-11, 10:47 AM

And frustrating. Don't forget frustrating.

Castaras
2007-07-11, 10:51 AM
Lets see...How many awwwwws have I missed?

*Takes deep breath*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

*Goes blue in the face, takes another deep breath.*

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

*Falls over backwards*

I think that's enough awwws for now. :smalltongue:

Oh, and I thought ZRS and Ego had announced their relationship sometime before...Because it was pretty obvious...At least, it was to me...:smallconfused:

*shrugs and wanders back to lurking again*

SMEE
2007-07-11, 10:54 AM

Aye, I'm well aware of that, for I had one before. :smallwink:
But now we're talking about the other side of the world kind of distance. :smalltongue:

Yet, he seems to enjoy Douglas Adams' work, and seems to have a thing for wild west movies, which is definitly a big plus.
And I'm considering moving in the next 8 months...

*does some needless math*

That could work. :smallsmile:

Ego Slayer
2007-07-11, 10:59 AM
Oh, and I thought ZRS and Ego had announced their relationship sometime before...Because it was pretty obvious...At least, it was to me... It's funny... we were really sorta obvious, but didn't want to talk about it with anyone, or have it even officially be public knowledge... even though it sorta almost was.:smalltongue:

And frustrating. Don't forget frustrating.
Could be, definitely... but I don't think so.

Jibar
2007-07-11, 11:03 AM
This thread makes me sad inside.

Oh God I'm turning into Khan...

The Great Skenardo
2007-07-11, 11:03 AM
Could be, definitely... but I don't think so.

Note: the preceding is my own testament. Your results may vary.

Castaras
2007-07-11, 11:05 AM

Being a couple isn't everything, y'know Jibar.

Those who are single have fun as well. :smalltongue:

Charity
2007-07-11, 11:12 AM

http://www.randomculture.com/photos/uncategorized/khaaan_2.JPG

Never mind Jib, it will sort itself out.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 11:15 AM
http://www.randomculture.com/photos/uncategorized/khaaan_2.JPG

Never mind Jib, it will sort itself out.
Charity, you just made waking up at the ridiculous hour of 2 AM worth coming here and just hanging around without purpose. Thank you. :smallbiggrin:

Khantalas
2007-07-11, 11:21 AM

Hey! I resent that! You're the one who started the whole mating season thread!

Dispozition
2007-07-11, 11:21 AM
Charity, you just made waking up at the ridiculous hour of 2 AM worth coming here and just hanging around without purpose. Thank you. :smallbiggrin:

How can it be 2am for you...It's 2am for me...Your timezone is broke...

Jibar
2007-07-11, 11:25 AM
Hey! I resent that! You're the one who started the whole mating season thread!

I didn't start it, it's an eventuallity, like Z-Day, the Rapture or the total melt down of Britney Spears!
Not my fault mating season started anyway.
Also so not my fault I haven't mated for a week.
If it weren't for whoever's fault those were, I would be so moody and depressed.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 11:27 AM
How can it be 2am for you...It's 2am for me...Your timezone is broke...
I woke up at 2 AM. It's now after 9:30 AM. I have been awake all this time, wandering GitP and helping Eldred write his letter. In point of fact, he's mailing me the part of my brain that landed near his home. But that's an entirely different story. :smalltongue:

Dispozition
2007-07-11, 11:29 AM
I woke up at 2 AM. It's now after 9:30 AM. I have been awake all this time, wandering GitP and helping Eldred write his letter. In point of fact, he's mailing me the part of my brain that landed near his home. But that's an entirely different story. :smalltongue:

Ah...What day is it for you? Wednesday yes? It's Thursday here...Man...Timezones blow up my brain...

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 11:38 AM
Ah...What day is it for you? Wednesday yes? It's Thursday here...Man...Timezones blow up my brain...

Then this will hurt a little more...Arizona doesn't change its clocks. While the rest of the world adjusts their clocks twice a year, we do nothing at all...except extra math so we don't call people too late. :smallconfused:

But this is off topic...and I'm still waiting to see if my romantic attack, made in public, will have some kind of effect. Probably won't, as she explained men from the internet were a no-no for her. Then again, as I replied to her in a PM, "I'm not a man. I'm Bor!" :smallwink:

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-11, 11:39 AM
Poor Jibar. I'd search out Avril Lavigne and tell her about this awesome friend I have who's also a muffin...but I've unfortunately sworn to kill her on sight for making this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTt7eCq02hM) So you should probably get some other Canadian to do it for you.

I dunno...just doesn't roll off the tongue quite like "Thog" or "Zebarra" or (my personal favourite) "Phoemotis."

phoenixineohp
2007-07-11, 11:47 AM
Just because I'm interested to see how a cat-muffin mates, I just might put my feelings on Avril aside and capture her for you. But if her husband is around, all bets are off. That guy is a jerk. :smallannoyed:

You sure I can't just bake a batch of muffins and tie them to a cat for you? What if I make little muffin slippers for the cat?

Jibar
2007-07-11, 11:52 AM
Just because I'm interested to see how a cat-muffin mates, I just might put my feelings on Avril aside and capture her for you. But if her husband is around, all bets are off. That guy is a jerk. :smallannoyed:

You sure I can't just bake a batch of muffins and tie them to a cat for you? What if I make little muffin slippers for the cat?

Cats wouldn't work. They have no Sauce.

More people should read the Cat-Muffinmicon, it would solve so many problems.

Trog
2007-07-11, 11:57 AM
I dunno...just doesn't roll off the tongue quite like "Thog" or "Zebarra" or (my personal favourite) "Phoemotis."

Thog's that guy from the comic. You must be mistaken. :smalltongue:

Hee hee hee "Phoemotis"... classic. :smallbiggrin:

And didn't Bob Barker always tell us to spay and neuter our cat-muffins and dog-biscuits to prevent these sort of mating outbreaks in the first place? :smallconfused:

Castaras
2007-07-11, 12:43 PM

Damn you ZRS...
Fusion time!

Trog & Thes.
Thog
Yes. That’s who you get. Thog. Yes. That Thog. :smalltongue:

Zombie + Ego Slayer
Zombiego
A strange creature, often seen going about its business of eating brains, stealing hearts, causing much lust after them using hot cat-boy avatars, and rocking out every morn. A quiet, kind person as well. The only slight problem this person has is that they seem to be in love with themselves.

Zeb the Troll + Alarra
Zebarra
Half troll, half human, with extra Mod-ifications, Zebarra is a reasonably common sight in the land of playground. Riding around on her motorbike, Hoggoblins patch visible to all, spreading red text where needed, before speeding off into the deep red sunset. She is the rebel Mod!

Phoemotis may come later...Can't think of anything to do for them other than say Phoemotis is a Towering Titan.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 12:50 PM
I have figured out the problem. I'm too nice.

*drop-kicks a defenseless puppy*

The ladies apparently want a bad-boy, and I haven't been bad enough.

*stealthily removes brakes from a few wheelchairs*

Well, my days of being a nice guy are over. I'm gonna be an abusive jerk who does extra-mean things to people at random.

*ties ZRS to a chair and makes him listen to Avril Lavigne massacre Eric Clapton songs for hours on end...heck, I force him to listen to ALL of her "music"...that's gonna leave a mark, I promise you that!*

Say goodbye to the nice, helpful Bor. He has left the building. I'm taking his place.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I'm off to beat up some Girl Scouts and steal their cookies. :smallannoyed:

Totally not working, is it? :smallconfused:

Mr. Moon
2007-07-11, 01:06 PM
Time to once again prove how awful my taste is.

ZRS, partly out of truth, but mostly to bug you: I LIKED that song. Uh-huh. And I like certain Backstreet Boys songs to. *nodnod*

Khantalas
2007-07-11, 01:12 PM

*drop-kicks a defenseless puppy*

The ladies apparently want a bad-boy, and I haven't been bad enough.

*stealthily removes brakes from a few wheelchairs*

Well, my days of being a nice guy are over. I'm gonna be an abusive jerk who does extra-mean things to people at random.

*ties ZRS to a chair and makes him listen to Avril Lavigne massacre Eric Clapton songs for hours on end...heck, I force him to listen to ALL of her "music"...that's gonna leave a mark, I promise you that!*

Say goodbye to the nice, helpful Bor. He has left the building. I'm taking his place.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I'm off to beat up some Girl Scouts and steal their cookies. :smallannoyed:

Totally not working, is it? :smallconfused:

Aww... Look how cute he is when he's trying to be evil!

Ladies and... ladies, here we have a fine specimen of homo sapiens. He's single, straight, just hit the very fine age of 40, handsome, an animal-lover (don't ask how much, though) and very very lovable. Now, the question is, who wants him?

Anyone? No? Ah, come on!

This is not gonna look good on my matchmaking résumé.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 01:18 PM
Aww... Look how cute he is when he's trying to be evil!

Ladies and... ladies, here we have a fine specimen of homo sapiens. He's single, straight, just hit the very fine age of 40, handsome, an animal-lover (don't ask how much, though) and very very lovable. Now, the question is, who wants him?

Anyone? No? Ah, come on!

This is not gonna look good on my matchmaking résumé.
*totally pathetic whine*

Hey! You should be afraid of me! I'm a threat, ya know! I am! I can be scary and...and...and stuff! So...Ummm...You should cower and...be afraid-like. Cuz the girls like the bad-boy image, and I'm, y'know...like...evil.

*stomps foot like a petulant child and runs out, crying*

Note: for the record, my whining "I'm a threat" speech sounds a lot funnier when you can actually hear my voice.

averagejoe
2007-07-11, 01:24 PM

As one Nice Guy(TM) to another, the ladies who are looking for bad dudes usually aren't worthwhile anyways, because they just bail whent things are getting boring. Just look at it like I more or less always have; no one is better than a wrong one.

If it makes you feel any better, if I was a lady, or a dude who liked other dudes, and if I didn't think that I'd be the sort of lady-or-dude-who-likes-other-dudes who is totally attracted to bad dudes, I'd probably like you okay.

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-11, 01:36 PM

Aww...c'mon. Girls want a "bad guy" not an uncivilized brute. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0258.html)

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 01:38 PM
As one Nice Guy(TM) to another, the ladies who are looking for bad dudes usually aren't worthwhile anyways, because they just bail whent things are getting boring. Just look at it like I more or less always have; no one is better than a wrong one.

If it makes you feel any better, if I was a lady, or a dude who liked other dudes, and if I didn't think that I'd be the sort of lady-or-dude-who-likes-other-dudes who is totally attracted to bad dudes, I'd probably like you okay.
I...Ummm...I think I've been complimented. Unfortunately, a synapse exploded while reading that last paragraph, which I think was your goal, and I am therefore...Ummm...somethinged. That being said, thanks...I think. :smallredface:

Jibar
2007-07-11, 01:48 PM
Aww...c'mon. Girls want a "bad guy" not an uncivilized brute. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0258.html)

'Cos she's watching wrestling,
Creaming over tough guys,
Listening to rap metal,
Turn tables in her eyes,

It's like a bad movie
She is lookin' through me
If you were me, then you'd be
Screamin' "Someone shoot me!"
As I fail miserably,
Tryin' to get the girl all the bad guys want!

Ahem.
In other news, I liked the Avril cover too.

averagejoe
2007-07-11, 02:41 PM
I...Ummm...I think I've been complimented. Unfortunately, a synapse exploded while reading that last paragraph, which I think was your goal, and I am therefore...Ummm...somethinged. That being said, thanks...I think. :smallredface:

Yeah, I can see how that would have made more sense to me than to someone reading it. Well... I'm glad you're somethinged, anyways.

zeratul
2007-07-11, 04:26 PM
I must say if people don't want us to say "awwwwwwwe" Then their sigatars of their couples shouldn't be so damn cute!:smallbiggrin:

Calamity
2007-07-11, 04:30 PM
They're just pretending to not want us to go 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,' so that they don't seem like they're attention seeking :smallwink: :smalltongue:

They secretly love the 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww's

zeratul
2007-07-11, 04:33 PM
Yeah your probably right Calamity now time for an epic battle :smallamused: .

Anyone else think that sounds vaguely Mexican?

phoenixineohp
2007-07-11, 04:40 PM
What would a mexican zombie be referred to as by a friend?:smalltongue:

Calamity
2007-07-11, 04:42 PM
El zombi méxicano?

zeratul
2007-07-11, 04:43 PM
A Zombiego? (a combination of zombie, and amego)

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 05:07 PM
They're just pretending to not want us to go 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww,' so that they don't seem like they're attention seeking :smallwink: :smalltongue:

They secretly love the 'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww's
Hmmm...I'll tell you what...You go ahead with that way of thinking, and I will be one of the pall bearers at your funeral. Mind you, there will be hundreds of tiny caskets by the time Ego is done with you, so you should look for more people to help bury you. :smalltongue:

Serpentine
2007-07-11, 07:04 PM

You know, complaining about not getting any for an entire week (gasp!) is pretty mean to all those priests and monks out there :smallconfused:

Khantalas
2007-07-11, 07:07 PM
I didn't start it, it's an eventuallity, like Z-Day, the Rapture or the total melt down of Britney Spears!
Not my fault mating season started anyway.
If it weren't for whoever's fault those were, I would be so moody and depressed.

(I totally just noticed that)

Just a week? Did you try seventeen years?

Are you even 17?

Do you see me complaining?

Yes? When did I complain?

Dammit, the Eternal's getting into my accounts again! That stupid AI...

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-11, 07:48 PM
Before going off to do whatever it is I do when I'm not posting here, I thought you'd all like to know that I have been having a friendly chat with my mystery interest, and we have decided to get a divorce.

Have fun working that one out. :smalltongue:

phoenixineohp
2007-07-11, 08:49 PM
Yeah... about that one... I'd love to say I 'get it' but I think I'll just save my gray matter and back away slowly now.... nice Bor... *dashes away*

2007-07-11, 09:40 PM
I've been sig'd by my crush. Allow me to do a tiny happy dance.

*tiny happy dance*
:smallredface:

Avenging Viper
2007-07-12, 01:59 AM
Usually, I don't do the whole internet crush or dating or whatever, but I think I'm developing a slight crush on someone in the playground. :smallredface: However, I think at the moment they might take it as a sympathy crush, so I'm going to let it simmer for a bit.

Dispozition
2007-07-12, 04:03 AM
However, I think at the moment they might take it as a sympathy crush, so I'm going to let it simmer for a bit.

That really makes me think it's Jibar...I'm probably complete wrong though. I haven't been right in either of the crush threads yet :P

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 04:13 AM
Could be Bor, or Khan... or maybe even you, dear Dizzy :smalltongue:

Dispozition
2007-07-12, 04:22 AM
How would any crush on me be a pity crush though. Or considered one, sorry...

Anyway...Bor, dunno. Khan...God knows with him...

Well...If it's on me I'll be...Ermm...Dunno how's I'd feel...

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 04:27 AM
Uh oh, I hope I haven't gotten your hopes up, Dis...
Alas, I am habandon'd by all mine crushnesses :smallsigh:

Dispozition
2007-07-12, 04:31 AM
Feh...My hopes don't get up so easily!

Anyway...Somebody already has a crush on me IRL...I suppose I'm kinda developing one...I dunno...I'm hopeless when it comes to love or relationships!

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 04:54 AM
Just as a matter of curiosity, how old are you both ZRS and Ego? I won't pry if you don't want me to. You both seem like very cool people, and although I happen to see more of ZRS' posts, I wish the best for you both.

AngelSword
2007-07-12, 05:25 AM
Perhaps new crushes would help. But, having said that, any crush mentioned would seem ingenuine.

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 07:12 AM
I haven't been around long enough to crush on anyone. :smallfrown:

SDF
2007-07-12, 07:17 AM
Usually, I don't do the whole internet crush or dating or whatever, but I think I'm developing a slight crush on someone in the playground. :smallredface: However, I think at the moment they might take it as a sympathy crush, so I'm going to let it simmer for a bit.

Even the devil gets sympathy, but here I think any (sympathetic) declaration of affection to a gamer guy will get returned. Ruling out a crush by definition.

I haven't been around long enough to crush on anyone. :smallfrown:

Then flee! Flee before it's too late!

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 07:19 AM
But people are smart here!

Swedish chef
2007-07-12, 07:23 AM
But people are smart here!

Cool. Always fun to be labeled "smart". Welcome WildArcana

Khantalas
2007-07-12, 08:10 AM
Alas, I am habandon'd by all mine crushnesses :smallsigh:

Lies! Slander! I have not abandoned hope yet!

Sure, my attention might be a little... distracted, by a more realistic, immediate and tempting offer at the the moment, but that doesn't mean you're not the larger focus.

*writes Kiss on a paper, shapes it like a dart and blows it at a certain someone's direction*

*also, glomps and kisses Serpentine on the cheek*

Also, since when are we smart? I thought we used to hit each other's skulls with large clubs all the time and stuff.

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 08:16 AM
Is it okay if I'm not after that kind of crush? :smalleek:

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 08:21 AM
:smallredface: :smallbiggrin: Thankee Khan. Believe it or not, that does make me feel a bit better ^_^ 'Course, soon you'll find a nice little Turk (or other:smallamused:) to run off with, and I shall be desolate yet again :smallsigh:

Don't worry WildArcana, most of these are "passing fancies" or "maybe if there was a hope of it going somewhere/in RL" or "they seem interesting" sorts of ones. The really intense ones that are all cute and lead to many "aaawwwwwws" are few and far between.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-12, 08:25 AM
The really intense ones that are all cute and lead to many "aaawwwwwws" are few and far between.Hey, don't knock it till you tried it. :smalltongue:

Besides, I think it's been learned that you need two hands to count them now. And I think more people are becoming more emboldened by the recent successes, which could in turn lead to more.

*twists the throttle on his new Cloud and motors off to update the Rebellion III thread*

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 08:26 AM
(Ninja'd!) @Serpentine: I meant the club meets face crush. :smallredface: Thanks though! I absolutely love your avatar.

Even if that's not the correct application for 'Ninja'd' I don't care. :smallsigh:

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 08:31 AM
Hey, don't knock it till you tried it. :smalltongue:

Besides, I think it's been learned that you need two hands to count them now. And I think more people are becoming more emboldened by the recent successes, which could in turn lead to more.

*twists the throttle on his new Cloud and motors off to update the Rebellion III thread*
I wasn't aware that I was knocking it :smalltongue: And were you one of the emboldeneds, or one of the emboldeners?

WildArcana, thankee ^_^ And I don't think the reference to clubs was directly associated with romantic intent...

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 08:36 AM
I don't think the reference to clubs was directly associated with romantic intent...

Can I hug you?

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-12, 08:39 AM
I wasn't aware that I was knocking it :smalltongue: And were you one of the emboldeneds, or one of the emboldeners?Both? I decided to take my own advice (and several other peoples') and just buck up and say something. Hopefully, this will in turn encourage others that it's worth it to take the chance. (And maybe give me some street cred in the RW&A thread :smallcool: )

Khantalas
2007-07-12, 08:46 AM
:smallredface: :smallbiggrin: Thankee Khan. Believe it or not, that does make me feel a bit better ^_^ 'Course, soon you'll find a nice little Turk (or other:smallamused:) to run off with, and I shall be desolate yet again :smallsigh:

You know, you still have Goff... Sadly.

Thes Hunter
2007-07-12, 08:49 AM
I have to say, that I am very touched by all the confessions of love recently.

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!

I wish you all the best of luck. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 08:55 AM
Can I hug you?
Always ^_^

You know, you still have Goff... Sadly.
Well, yeah... but he's all the way down in Sydney 'til Saturday, and anyways you're all at my favourite bit of relationships, which I miss :smallfrown: Not that I don't love him or anything... uh... >runs away<

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 08:59 AM
Always ^_^

Yay. :smalltongue: *Hug.*

I'm totally sigging that. :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 09:01 AM
Won't make much sense without what you said :smalltongue:
edit: OOOOooooooh. That one. Context girl, context :smalltongue:
Oh yeah, crushes... crushes... hmmm. I had a crush on a guy all through high school, from nearly the very beginning 'til well after the end, does that count? Cuz I don't think I really have any new likings that I haven't already mentioned...

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 09:10 AM
I have a new liking!

And context can kiss my thigh high latex boots.

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 09:16 AM
=O
... I want! So my context will kiss your thigh-high latex boots any time :smallwink:
...yeah, I'm not entirely sure what that means, either.

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 09:23 AM
I liked it! :smallamused:

Madmal
2007-07-12, 09:25 AM
hugs? with thigh high latex boots? unnerving...:smallsigh:

and i'm trying to cut loose my crushes...they havent done me any good so far...

oh, and for the sake of the spazz:
*casts silence on MC to avoid any BSB fangirlyness*

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-12, 09:25 AM
I know what it means by reading the BDSM section of Wikipedia.

Anyways, let's just say, it's ;-) Kinky.

Zeb The Troll
2007-07-12, 09:30 AM
I know what it means by reading the BDSM section of Wikipedia.

Anyways, let's just say, it's ;-) Kinky.You needed wiki to tell you that? :smallconfused:

Jibar
2007-07-12, 09:33 AM
You needed wiki to tell you that? :smallconfused:

Seriously, I'm 16 and understood it perfectly.
Then again, that's nothing special these days really.
I must also confess to being intrigued by AvengingViper's crush.

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 09:37 AM
I said it, and I don't understand it :smallconfused: Curse my making remarks to clever for my own self :smallsigh:

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 09:40 AM
All I knew about it was it was suggestive. :smallconfused: To Wiki, or not to Wiki...

Madmal
2007-07-12, 09:41 AM
To wiki; newfound information may burn your eyes, but it's worth it.

Dispozition
2007-07-12, 09:42 AM
Seriously, I'm 16 and understood it perfectly.
Then again, that's nothing special these days really.

I must also confess to being intrigued by AvengingViper's crush.

Same here...On all three counts!

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-12, 09:43 AM
No, I did not need the wiki to understand it, although it is interesting, I have to try a few of those things, I just need something to relate on the understanding.

I'd post a link, but the link in the link is a little too extreme for innocent minds. That should also explain my absences.

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 09:44 AM
Evidence suggests I do not want to Wiki.

There aren't pictures, are there?

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 09:46 AM
Rex: Oo oo! Me! Send it to me!
Jibar: Oo oo! Me too!

Rex Idiotarum
2007-07-12, 09:47 AM
Nothing too graphic on the BDSM, although on the subject of non-BDSM sex, the are historical portraits of stuff like non-penetrative sex and oral sex and such.

That censor probably reaffirms my feelings on not for the boards.

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 09:48 AM
Rex: Oo oo! Me! Send it to me!

Me too! :smallsmile:

Madmal
2007-07-12, 09:55 AM
Meh, i would'n mind some more mind muscle...

Rex, send it to me too.:smalltongue:

Alarra
2007-07-12, 09:55 AM
Hey guys.....discussion in this vein is what got two previous threads moved away. Let's not go there again, k?

SMEE
2007-07-12, 09:57 AM
* moves arms and hands randomly and nervously trying to catch a dart shaped card that was blown at a "certain someone" direction by a certain someone else.

*fails miserable as usual and is hit by the dart in the face.

:smallredface:

WildArcana
2007-07-12, 09:59 AM
Ack! Apologies, Alarra and thread, should never have brought up boots. :smalleek:

*Humble bow.* Not a very good thing to do on my secondish day of membership. -.-

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 10:03 AM
The boots do sound cool, though.

Aw, Smee. Here. >throws card over<
>offers bandaid for the face<

edit: 'twould appear I got mixed up, and it's yours anyway. See, says so right here: "To my beloved Sm-"
Ow, my shin!

2007-07-12, 10:12 AM
*Humble bow.* Not a very good thing to do on my secondish day of membership. -.-

Don't worry, we were all young and wild once, I remember the days, all nighter party on GitP, wake up, don't remember a thing, and somehow you have fairy wings attached to you.

*sigh*

How times have changed, the boards tame you after a while though. :smallwink:

On Crushes, you got to love people with a humour I guess, or at least people who laugh at your jokes. *shifty on-topic eyes*

2007-07-12, 11:03 AM
On Crushes, you got to love people with a humour I guess, or at least people who laugh at your jokes. *shifty on-topic eyes*
Ah, yes. All my crushes have humours!

Hopefully mostly Sanguine, since I fear I'm a trifle Melancholic.
:smallbiggrin:

Madmal
2007-07-12, 11:46 AM
The boots do sound cool, though.

Aw, Smee. Here. >throws card over<
>offers bandaid for the face<

edit: 'twould appear I got mixed up, and it's yours anyway. See, says so right here: "To my beloved Sm-"
Ow, my shin!

wait, hold it, run that train over me again...

Serpentine has shins?:smallconfused:

Serpentine
2007-07-12, 11:49 AM
<.<
>.>
They're good for beating people with :smallwink:

FdL
2007-07-12, 01:40 PM

/me gets jealous of whoever that may be

*runs away back to think about RL dating candidate*

*pleasantly affected by the image of aforementioned boots, needs no wiki to learn about those unmentionable kinds of things*

Madmal
2007-07-12, 02:08 PM
<.<
>.>
They're good for beating people with :smallwink:

great, another excuse to wander with care on this threads...:smallsigh:

*is curious, but decides to go for an indirect approach*

KoDT69
2007-07-12, 02:16 PM

Ohh ooh pick me pick me! :smallbiggrin: OK I know it's not me, so much for pretending :smallfrown: but I'm certain that your crush will be reciprocated. You're a very beautiful woman with an outgoing attitude, you're a gamer, an one heck of a creative side! So yah, I'm sure you will fare well with that. :smallsmile:
[/totally unsolicited but truly deserved complimenting] :smallredface:

Lilly
2007-07-12, 03:17 PM
The Fairy Modmother: This thread is for talking about crushes in the playground, random banter is for everything else.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 03:18 PM
*With utmost respect*

How were they bantering? They were talking, unless I'm mistaken, about Avenging Viper's crush or about crushes in general.

Rawhide
2007-07-12, 03:29 PM
*With utmost respect*

How were they bantering? They were talking, unless I'm mistaken, about Avenging Viper's crush or about crushes in general.

The last 4 pages have been entirely random banter, laced with the smallest amount of crush.

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 03:32 PM
Oh okay, it's just she said that right as they were talking about someone's crush, so I got confused. I didn't realize she was talking about the recent pages, and not just this particular portion.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-12, 03:36 PM
For those who missed my divorce comment a few pages back, my crush and I are talking, although there's the fair understanding that nothing will come of it.

Meanwhile, I shared my theory on relationships. They should start with a messy divorce, move on to a troubled marriage that slowly improves as the years go on. Eventually, we'll be happily married, and then engaged, and dating like a pair of love-starved kids. Save the best for last kinda thing.

This fits right in with my theory of never teaching a child about gravity. Ignorance of the law and all that, the child should be able to fly!

*sigh*

Well, at least she and I are becoming friends. She has a perfectly reasonable explanation that she can't get a proper feel for people on the internet, which keeps online crushes/romances out of her life.

The reason I don't reveal her identity is because I know, despite a pleasant warning from me, she would be slammed with PMs saying, "Awww...Come on. Bor's a great guy." Great or not, she deserves kindness and respect, which she will get from me. But I cannot speak for others, so I remain silent on her identity.

Besides...If the worst I got out of the deal was a new friend, I still made out pretty well. :smallsmile:

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 03:39 PM
Congratulations Bor, it's good to see it turned out well and you're taking it the right way. She seems like she is a nice person, and I'm sure if you like her, she probably is of the highest quality.

Calamity
2007-07-12, 04:29 PM

Damn, you people all cause my curiousity to hate itself and then I end up typing sentences that make little sense. Like that one.

Hoggy
2007-07-12, 04:32 PM
Thigh high boots are totally crushable.

Sorry, but I can't think of any other crushes right now.

ZombieRockStar
2007-07-12, 06:02 PM
Just as a matter of curiosity, how old are you both ZRS and Ego? I won't pry if you don't want me to. You both seem like very cool people, and although I happen to see more of ZRS' posts, I wish the best for you both.

My age can easily be seen in my profile. It's her business if she wants to tell you hers.

As I said, I don't really want any comments on the issue, or any other issue for that matter.

Thanks, though. :smallsmile:

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-07-12, 06:10 PM

For the record, I'd happily accept affection via sympathy. This either makes me fickle, easy, or lonely. :smallredface:

Xykon_Fan
2007-07-12, 06:29 PM
My age can easily be seen in my profile. It's her business if she wants to tell you hers.

As I said, I don't really want any comments on the issue, or any other issue for that matter.

Thanks, though. :smallsmile:

Fair enough. I wasn't planning on commenting on it. I'm really used to huge age gaps in relationships, so a small one like yours is no big deal. I won't touch the subject again.

Bor: I think it's probably a mix of all of them. However, I don't see anything wrong with most of those, as long as the relationship doesn't stay there. To quote this sitcom called "Still Standing"...

"You know what a pity kiss can lead to...(taps husband on chest)...pity marriage (both at once)." :smalltongue:

FdL
2007-07-12, 06:52 PM
Thigh high boots are totally crushable.

I prefer the look of thigh high stockings but yeah, definitely. I'm too vulnerable to a woman wearing either (shhhh..,don't let anyone know this weakness of mine)

*thinks if there's other cool thigh-high things that can be brought to the off-topic*
*is starting to abuse the "*" thing*

I should confess that I have a new crush:

SDF's Rickenbacker 360 guitar.
I want to make out with her.

zeratul
2007-07-12, 07:27 PM
The Crush thread seems to have died down. I guess everyone has either sucked up and admitted it already or been crushed...

I have a crush on zeratul.

How did I miss that? Well thanks ChiX0r but unfortunately I'm working on something with someone of the com at the moment.

FdL
2007-07-12, 07:46 PM
How did I miss that?

This is a good thread to read using the "select all" option in your browser :p Well, at least in case you feel you're eligible...

chiX0r
2007-07-13, 06:28 AM
Well, congrats on the budding relationship, zeratul. I'll continue to consider you cute from afar. :smallwink:

AngelSword
2007-07-13, 05:43 PM
I would admit to having new crushes, but doing so would come with a strange realization of a personal truth.

Sir_Norbert
2007-07-13, 07:28 PM
I'm intrigued. :elan: Have you just realised that you swing the other way or something?

[small size]Er..... if that IS the case, then I apologise for being flippant about it.[/small size]