PDA

View Full Version : Crush'd

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-01, 10:19 PM
I know I made the avatar for him, but it confuses me slightly none-the-less...

SDF
2007-08-01, 10:22 PM
Aww.
That would be Amotis, btw.
*giggles...*
Anyone else find this funny?:smallamused:

The fact that he was accidentally insulted, or the fact that she's a d00d?

FdL
2007-08-01, 10:28 PM
That would be Amotis, btw.
*giggles...*
Anyone else find this funny?:smallamused:

Yup, for many reasons :smallbiggrin:

In any case, Emotis sounds great for a nick, doesn't it?

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-01, 10:33 PM
Dude, Emotis is obviously Amotis' evil twin, who, unlike Amotis, is into bad pseudo-punk instead of good music.

Emotis is also female but uses a male avatar.

Also, to keep this sorta on topic, the wiki article for limerence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerence) is kinda interesting.

13_CBS
2007-08-01, 10:40 PM
Dude, Emotis is obviously Amotis' evil twin, who, unlike Amotis, is into bad pseudo-punk instead of good music.

Also, to keep this sorta on topic, the wiki article for limerence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerence) is kinda interesting.

...huh, so that's what I'm feeling. Limerence.

I used to feel that for only one girl till this May, a feeling where whenever I see her I get this intense physical and emotional feeling. That number has increased to two now, I think.

Syka
2007-08-01, 10:40 PM
I'm noticing a core-set of crushes (mainly female). I should probably be honored to be amongst it, but me being me I still have this :smallredface: reaction.

Cheers,
Syka

PS- Dagnabit, beating me to the Emo-tis pun!

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-01, 10:47 PM
Also related, I really like how the wikipedia article on "Love" begins: "Love is a constellation of emotions and experiences..." :smallcool:

FdL
2007-08-01, 10:51 PM

Yeahh! :smallbiggrin: Emotis would be the polar opposite :) She'd play drums, self-taught, in a commercial and artistically hollow emo-punk band (she would suck at it too, totally devoid of talent). She'd also be a latina.

I'm noticing a core-set of crushes (mainly female). I should probably be honored to be amongst it, but me being me I still have this :smallredface: reaction.

Aww...That's so cute and sexy at the same time. ^^

Limerence...Nice article, thanks. I think I suffer from that but chronically. Does it say if there's a cure? 'Cause it's on my list of things I want to change about myself.

SDF
2007-08-01, 11:06 PM
Aww...That's so cute and sexy at the same time. ^^

Well she is a fox :smallamused: A fox who talks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjrVg7eRHrc)

Amotis
2007-08-01, 11:13 PM
Well she is a fox :smallamused: A fox who talks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjrVg7eRHrc)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA-*BOOM!*

...guys....I think I hurt something...My hands are bleeding...

Syka
2007-08-01, 11:31 PM
...I'm begining to wish a different totem had chosen me. :smalltongue:

My ego thanks you all tremendously. ;)

Cheers,
Syka

Charity
2007-08-02, 02:45 AM

My ego thanks you all tremendously. ;)

Cheers,
Syka

I thought she was ZRS's Ego these days...

Rawhide
2007-08-02, 02:48 AM
Don't fret it, no matter what you choose, there will be something somebody does that will be less than complementary.

Here is a nice video to cheer you up and make you feel better about foxes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84AVrZZfjNU

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-02, 02:50 AM
I thought she was ZRS's Ego these days...No no. That's the Ego Slayer that goes with ZRS... :smallcool:

ZombieRockStar
2007-08-02, 08:21 AM
See, she's the Ego Slayer and I'm the giant ego that she's fallen in love with, but unlike the other egos I have a soul that tortures me and as long as I don't do...*ahem* anything to lose that soul, I should be okay and she won't have to slay me.

(I'm too much of a fanboy, aren't I?)

Jibar
2007-08-02, 08:24 AM
Hell, I'm attracted to you right now.
That's how good that show was.

I have a real thing with italics going on lately. Wonder why.

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-02, 08:34 AM
My new list:
Hellpuppi
Ego will prob'ly say no
and last but not lest
Serpentine

Serpentine
2007-08-02, 08:40 AM
Now, if only you could spell my name right... :smalltongue:

Still: shucks ^_^

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-02, 09:26 AM
sorry Serp'...that better?:smallsmile:

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-08-02, 09:55 AM
For those of you who think I may have overlooked it, I saw what D'anna said. But a quick look at the public profile, and I learn...absolutely nothing. Without a gender icon, I can only assume D'anna is an "it." Stalking isn't a location, it's an occupation, and one that doesn't pay well. Not sure how much this creature can sustain itself on puppet souls, so...

I've decided to return the crush, but on the girl eating the daisy. It'll be nice to have a someone special in my life who can be easily pleased by feeding her potted flowers. :smallwink:

Cyrano
2007-08-02, 10:21 AM
For those of you who think I may have overlooked it, I saw what D'anna said. But a quick look at the public profile, and I learn...absolutely nothing. Without a gender icon, I can only assume D'anna is an "it." Stalking isn't a location, it's an occupation, and one that doesn't pay well. Not sure how much this creature can sustain itself on puppet souls, so...

I've decided to return the crush, but on the girl eating the daisy. It'll be nice to have a someone special in my life who can be easily pleased by feeding her potted flowers. :smallwink:

Goddamnit, Bor, I'm a sexy it!
And souls? The souls are delicous! Though I supplement it with peanut butter and honey sandwiches.
Regardless, know that I will follow you to the ends of the earth, and when I find you, I will whine, and whine, and complain, and then whine some more until you return my heartfelt love. Meanyhead.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-08-02, 03:31 PM
Goddamnit, Bor, I'm a sexy it!
And souls? The souls are delicous! Though I supplement it with peanut butter and honey sandwiches.
Regardless, know that I will follow you to the ends of the earth, and when I find you, I will whine, and whine, and complain, and then whine some more until you return my heartfelt love. Meanyhead.
I assert that the animated avatar is adorable, while you remain...well, "terrifying" is the only word that comes to mind at this moment. I mean, come on! Do I not whine enough on my own? And now you want to add YOUR whining?!? As for being an "it," I am now envisioning Cousin It searching the globe for me. This makes the potential whining even scarier, as I likely won't even know what you're saying. :smalltongue:

In a way, I'm glad you didn't suggest you were a "thing," because not only would a disembodied hand yearning for me be somewhat odd, but then a whole can of worms would be opened about dating a hand. And that would be oh so wrong.

Cyrano
2007-08-02, 03:43 PM
I assert that the animated avatar is adorable, while you remain...well, "terrifying" is the only word that comes to mind at this moment. I mean, come on! Do I not whine enough on my own? And now you want to add YOUR whining?!? As for being an "it," I am now envisioning Cousin It searching the globe for me. This makes the potential whining even scarier, as I likely won't even know what you're saying. :smalltongue:

In a way, I'm glad you didn't suggest you were a "thing," because not only would a disembodied hand yearning for me be somewhat odd, but then a whole can of worms would be opened about dating a hand. And that would be oh so wrong.

First of all, I'm like Cthulhu. I'm terrifying until you get to know me, at which point the point is moot. And you don't whine! You have a PERFECTLYVALID reason for all the pseudo-whining you do. WHining is only whining when you have no purpose or reason or possible inclination to do so under the terms defined by reason. Come on you know you wanna! I'm shmexy!
Hell Bor....
I'm Canadian.;

I thought we were a "thing"......*pout*

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2007-08-03, 12:15 AM
First of all, I'm like Cthulhu. I'm terrifying until you get to know me, at which point the point is moot. And you don't whine! You have a PERFECTLY VALID reason for all the pseudo-whining you do. Whining is only whining when you have no purpose or reason or possible inclination to do so under the terms defined by reason. Come on you know you wanna! I'm shmexy!
Hell Bor....
I'm Canadian.;

I thought we were a "thing"......*pout*
Ummm...I think an age issue has arisen. That, or a language issue. It may even be both! What, pray tell, is "shmexy"? Can it be treated or is there an outright cure? Hmmm...looking at the context it was used in...Is it a new astrological sign?

*sigh* I remain confused...and oddly attracted to your avatar. :smallconfused:

[SIZE="1"]Ummm...I'm not a disembodied hand, and I can only hope you aren't either, as being stalked by just a hand is...Wait a sec! That was a horror movie with Micheal What's-his-name! That was...creepy...and would be if you are THAT hand.

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-03, 12:25 AM
There is a cure. I'll need my tools. Hold Still.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/rexidiotarum/pogolobotomy.gif
You've been Lobotomized!

averagejoe
2007-08-03, 01:04 AM
There is a cure. I'll need my tools. Hold Still.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n291/rexidiotarum/pogolobotomy.gif
You've been Lobotomized!

Man, is there anything that a good lobotomy can't solve?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-03, 01:08 AM
Hm... you seem too curious. *Lobotimize*
Yes, lower back problems.

Quincunx
2007-08-03, 02:46 PM
. . .In a way, I'm glad you didn't suggest you were a "thing," because not only would a disembodied hand yearning for me be somewhat odd, but then a whole can of worms would be opened about dating a hand. And that would be oh so wrong.

According to my EQ guild, it's only incest if all five fingers are involved.

EoM--proud pervs 2002-'07.

Dragonrider
2007-08-03, 03:30 PM
This thread has taken a HIGHLY disturbing twist.

:smalleek:

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-03, 05:28 PM
Ego will prob'ly say no

Or maybe not... Ego?

Amotis
2007-08-03, 05:29 PM
Or maybe not... Ego?

NO! what? :P

Rawhide
2007-08-03, 05:40 PM
Yes, this thread, this thread needs a kick.

People, remember that there is a thread for random banter. Lets also get off this disturbing path before anything drastic needs to be done.

---

Mr Pixie, you do realise that all three of your crushes are taken right?

FdL
2007-08-03, 07:17 PM
My new list:
Hellpuppi
Ego will prob'ly say no
and last but not lest
Serpentine

You have pretty good taste.

Cyrano
2007-08-03, 07:20 PM
Mr Pixie, you do realise that all three of your crushes are taken right?

Polygamy never stopped us.

Dragonrider
2007-08-03, 07:21 PM
Three crushes at once...that's pretty impressive, Mr.Pixie :smalltongue:.
Admittedly, we've seen more.....

Nomrom
2007-08-03, 09:17 PM
Mr. Pixie, if it makes you feel better, everyone I have a crush on is dating someone. And no none of them are on here, so there's no point in guessing.

Cyrano
2007-08-03, 09:20 PM
Mr. Pixie, if it makes you feel better, everyone I have a crush on is dating someone. And no none of them are on here, so there's no point in guessing.

Any man who can hold three crushes simeltaneously is self confident enough to not NEED to feel better.

Dragonrider
2007-08-03, 10:21 PM
Exactly my point.
In my (admittedly limited) experience, ONE crush is emotionally consuming enough that I can't imagine what THREE would do to the nerves.

Pyrian
2007-08-03, 10:28 PM
Three is much easier than one. :smalltongue: One crush is like an obsession, three crushes is like a hobby. :smallbiggrin:

Nomrom
2007-08-03, 11:51 PM
Yeah, at least in my case, if you have a crush on two people at the same time, you aren't as emotionally obsessed with one person, and its actually easier to handle.

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-03, 11:54 PM
Yeah, at least in my case, if you have a crush on two people at the same time, you aren't as emotionally obsessed with one person, and its actually easier to handle.

I just think it would cause me confusion.

Nomrom
2007-08-03, 11:57 PM
Yeah it does do that too. I go through phases where I like one person, and then the other, usually depending on who I've been around more often at the time. Not that it really matters, because, like I said earlier, they're both dating someone, and I'm going to be leaving for two years soon anyways.

phoenixineohp
2007-08-05, 05:43 AM
I think that it had already been established that we all have different degrees of seriousness and complexity about our so called crushes. I hope that it had already been established....

From noted attraction to marked interest to what developed into an actual relationship, this thread has seen it all.

Keep it coming! :smallbiggrin:

Sir_Norbert
2007-08-05, 07:08 AM
OK. Phoenix, I just have to admit that I have a huge crush on your avatar.

phoenixineohp
2007-08-05, 07:09 AM
Look! She's blushing! :smallwink:

Dispozition
2007-08-05, 07:24 AM
Look! She's blushing! :smallwink:

Woah! Scary thing is that she actually is...But are you? That's the big question...

phoenixineohp
2007-08-05, 07:32 AM
Admissions of crushes on my avatar, though flattering (especially for Trog), do not make me blush. Yet.

Jibar
2007-08-05, 07:36 AM
What if we admitted to crushes on you?
Would that make you blush?

Dispozition
2007-08-05, 07:47 AM
Jibar, nice location you have there...Better be a reference to the recent movie...

PXP: My bad...

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-08-05, 07:50 AM
Unfortunately, not nekkid ones

...I think the You (R18+) thread got deleted ol' Dissy boy.

Shadow of the Sun
2007-08-05, 07:52 AM
o.O

Que?

QUE!?

phoenixineohp
2007-08-05, 07:53 AM
You saw nothing!

And they have before, so if they are honest, yes.

Jibar
2007-08-05, 07:54 AM
Jibar, nice location you have there...Better be a reference to the recent movie...

There's a movie?
A movie about what?

Also: yay. Shadow has his cervix quote!

Shadow of the Sun
2007-08-05, 07:56 AM
Indeedly.

That was a psycho conversation, let me tell you...

Dispozition
2007-08-05, 07:57 AM
There's a movie?
A movie about what?

Also: yay. Shadow has his cervix quote!

Stranger than Fiction (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420223/)

phoenixineohp
2007-08-05, 07:58 AM
Random Banter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52783)
Sorry, to mod. I thought it'd look funny. Just a smart ass I guess.

Logic
2007-08-05, 03:46 PM
When it comes to crushes, I usually fall hard and fast, and for some reason have no ability to actually voice it to the person in question.

Now ladies, don't take that to assume unknown crushes here are from me. Most of my crushes (past and present) know who they are. :smallwink:

ForzaFiori
2007-08-05, 04:53 PM
I gotta disagree w/ the 2 crushes are easier than 1.

I know some people who become obsessed with 2 people at once, which is much worse than just being obsessed with just one.

thankfully, I only have one crush currently (dont guess, she's not on the forum).

Dragonrider
2007-08-05, 05:31 PM
I don't know if I'd be able to deal with more than one at a time...I'm trying to get over someone right now and the idea of ANYONE at the moment is just too much for me. But I guess everyone is different.

Hell Puppi
2007-08-06, 12:27 AM
To quote a friend:
"Obsession is a good thing, as long as you don't build a shrine or anything."

Oddly enough she was obsessed with David Bowie O_o

Ego Slayer
2007-08-06, 12:32 AM
... Please tell me she didn't build a shrine. :smallbiggrin:

NO!
Thank you!:smalltongue:

I don't know how one could keep up with more than one crush. I wouldn't think that they'd be very strong crushes...

phoenixineohp
2007-08-06, 12:33 AM
One time a partner built a small shrine to me. Not that great to find out. Flattering, but the scary overrides the flattering. :smalleek:

I guess I have a different use of the word crush. I can have two crushes at one time. I can call someone who interests me and that I want to get to know more a crush. Or I can have strong feelings for one. In that case, the other crushes tend to pale. It varies a lot I guess.

Logic, I didn't realize that was how seriously you use the word.

I just figure that anyone who says they have one on me just means the general interest, unless otherwise stated.

Nomrom
2007-08-06, 12:36 AM
I don't know how one could keep up with more than one crush. I wouldn't think that they'd be very strong crushes...

That's what I was saying. Neither crush is as strong, so except for the whole confusion part, I find it's actually easier.

@^: Umm, that would be really creepy to find out.

phoenixineohp
2007-08-06, 12:41 AM
It was in his closet. He showed me while his friend was over and then closed the door to the closet... with us inside. Apparently that was supposed to be romantic in that cramped space, with the friend sitting right outside... and the candles on the shrine lit... :smalleek:

Locking me inside a closet next to a shrine to me? Not the best idea. And not a great mood setter.

Alarra
2007-08-06, 12:45 AM
I would find that extremely creepy.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-06, 12:45 AM
:smalleek: :smallbiggrin:
That is bizarre. o_O
I'm sorry to know you had to sort that one out.

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-06, 12:51 AM
I would find that extremely creepy.*makes mental note not to show Alarra the shrine in his closet*

:smalltongue:

Hell Puppi
2007-08-06, 12:52 AM
Nah she didn't have a shrine....but I still remember that quote well.

phoenixineohp
2007-08-06, 12:54 AM
Yes, it's a good dating tip in the 'what not to do' list. :smalltongue:
A) lock her in a closet
B) have a shrine in that closest. Doesn't matter if it's to her or not, though if it's to another girl... we can't help you.
C) assume that any mix of the above two will result in 'the mood'.

Nomrom
2007-08-06, 12:57 AM
If I ever start dating than, I'll be sure to remember never to do those three things.

And Zeb, maybe a better mental note would have been to never mention the secret shrine anywhere she could find out about it.

Alarra
2007-08-06, 01:01 AM
*makes mental note not to show Alarra the shrine in his closet*

*ponders why, when she had 9 hours alone in his apparent every evening for like a week and a half, she didn't snoop more.* :smalltongue:

zeratul
2007-08-06, 01:04 AM

Isn't a "crush" the weakest form of romantic attraction anyway?

Hell Puppi
2007-08-06, 01:14 AM
Depends on the crush :smallwink:

Nomrom
2007-08-06, 01:23 AM
Isn't a "crush" the weakest form of romantic attraction anyway?

It depends how you use the word. It has too many definitions to really be explained. For me, a crush is any sort of romantic attraction that I have for someone that I haven't told. Since neither if the two people I like know (Or they might, but I didn't tell them. I've been surprised here a couple times.) I would consider then crushes.

phoenixineohp
2007-08-06, 01:34 AM
So what are they after they find out or you tell them?

Lucky
2007-08-06, 01:36 AM
An infatuation?

Rex Idiotarum
2007-08-06, 02:21 AM
How about crush?

I have a crush on http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chrishattink/Pontifex_boulder.gif

Nomrom
2007-08-06, 02:51 AM
So what are they after they find out or you tell them?

If they find out, but I didn't tell them, and it doesn't affect our relationship in any way, I still consider it a crush. I don't know what it would be if I told them because I'm kind of pathetic and never actually done that.

Sir_Norbert
2007-08-06, 06:22 AM
It's kind of difficult to explain.... but you have the general idea; when it reaches the level of obsession it's usually just for one person (and I'd find it rather scary if it wasn't), but milder crushes of the "wow, you're hot, I fantasise about you but it isn't going to go anywhere" type can overlap. I still have crushes of that type sometimes even though I'm in a very serious, exclusive and very loving relationship (and my girlfriend doesn't mind, because she knows she can trust me not to do anything inappropriate).

By the way, did you get my last PM? Just thought I'd ask to make sure the reason you haven't replied is not that I said anything offensive. I know it's unhealthy, but I do get paranoid about that sort of thing sometimes, on account of various incidents that have happened in the past..... but we won't go into that.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-06, 01:03 PM
@Sir_Norbert - Yeah, I got it. I just haven't replied yet... for... reasons. I'll get to it. Don't worry. =P

Jibar
2007-08-06, 01:07 PM
:confused:

Curioisity doesn't kill Cat-Muffins, but I think I'll not risk it on this one.

Awww, somebody likes Chris.
Annonnymity makes Jibar sad.

FdL
2007-08-06, 02:12 PM
I do multi-crush. I don't know if that speaks very well of me or anything.
I can manage it pretty well, but of course it's easier when it's an e-crush. Doesn't make it weaker though, it just functions on another social level.

You'd say an infatuation is stronger than a crush? And what could there be that is weaker than a crush, just liking someone? What about "liking-liking"? :p

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-06, 02:15 PM
... Please tell me she didn't build a shrine. :smallbiggrin:

Thank you!:smalltongue:

Is that a no?:smallfrown:

Castaras
2007-08-06, 02:18 PM
Is that a no?:smallfrown:

Well, seeing as she already is with the zombie rocker of the forums, you can probably assume so.

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-06, 02:40 PM
My new list:
Hellpuppi
v
and last but not lest
Serpentine

[S ][S ][S ][S ][S ][S]ego[/S ][/S ][/S ][/S ][/S ][/S ]:smallfurious:
*bloody sceam!!*

Jibar
2007-08-06, 02:42 PM
Holy Great Koala Fey-Dude, calm down a bit. Just because somebody is taken doesn't mean you're not allowed to still crush on them.
Look at me, my only crushes in the playground both have boyfriends.

MR.PIXIE
2007-08-06, 03:07 PM
Naa, not all worried about it... [fresh prince will smith voice] Afta' all, dis bee got som' honey from' da hive*nudg* IF YA NOW WHAT IM SAYIN',YA!:smallamused: [/fresh prince will smith voice]

Logic
2007-08-06, 03:11 PM
Logic, I didn't realize that was how seriously you use the word.

I honestly don't know what words to use to defend myself. So I shall instead use smilies.

:smalleek: :smallredface: :smallbiggrin:

Lucky
2007-08-06, 03:13 PM
If you're going to defend yourself with smilies, at least use the big ones!

:eek: :redface: :biggrin:

Quincunx
2007-08-06, 03:44 PM
It was in his closet. He showed me while his friend was over and then closed the door to the closet... with us inside. Apparently that was supposed to be romantic in that cramped space, with the friend sitting right outside... and the candles on the shrine lit... :smalleek:

Locking me inside a closet next to a shrine to me? Not the best idea. And not a great mood setter.

I think, in that case, I would've gone for the classic raised voice 'verbal equivalent of a smack with a rolled-up newspaper', "Ewwwwww that's sick!" with a few more colorful adjectives added--hopefully before the door shut. Chocolate is the only item deserving of a hidden shrine. *lights a tealight before the chocolate eggs*

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 04:52 PM
Chocolate is the only item deserving of a hidden shrine.
Darn, that's good. Note to self, must build hidden chocolate shrine.

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 05:32 PM
*bows down to the chocolate god*

Alarra
2007-08-06, 05:52 PM
That would be Nim.

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 05:54 PM
So, Zeb. We want photos of your pudding shrine.

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 05:54 PM
The chocloate god is called Cadbur

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 05:58 PM

I would argue the point, but we're not supposed to discuss religion on here, now, are we? :smallamused: :smallbiggrin:

Sean92k
2007-08-06, 06:02 PM
I would argue the point, but we're not supposed to discuss religion on here, now, are we? :smallamused: :smallbiggrin:Not even really tastey religeon? No wonder candy flossism numbers are dwindling

Rawhide
2007-08-06, 06:04 PM

Taking this discussion on chocolate to Random Banter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2993637#post2993637).

Dragonrider
2007-08-06, 06:08 PM
:smallbiggrin: Yessir!

(I thought about maintaining that we're discussing my crush on the God of Chocolate, but frankly that's a little far-reaching, even for me. Plus, crushing chocolate is just a pity and to be honest, I didn't have the heart to contemplate it.)

sktarq
2007-08-06, 06:37 PM
Funny I thought crushing chocolate just made a sticky, gooey mess of your deriere....

also Don't let it get in your wounds....It can stain you for decades at least.

right....point of thread....still no GitP crushes....few people I wouldn't mind meeting....but not even what I'd label as attraction....but highly amused by the bunch of you that can....and happy for you....silly posters.

Serpentine
2007-08-14, 11:37 AM
I have this odd habit of mulling over two completely different things for some time and then suddenly having them come together to make a profound whole. This time, I've been thinking about a scene in Adaptations, and also a long-term crush I had (and, admittedly, still have) for a guy in high school. In the scene, the main character and his brother are talking about a girl the latter liked in school. He talked to her, then as he left she said something nasty about him to her friends. The main character says something to the effect of "she thought you were a dork, she hated you", to which he responded along the lines of "I loved her. That was mine. There was nothing she could do to take that away from me."
I was just musing upon what might happen if I had told this guy how much I liked him. I realised that, indeed, no matter what he'd said or done, I'd still have liked him. He couldn't change that. It was almost independent of him. Of course, it's helped by the fact that I always knew we'd make a horrible couple (no common interests and all that)... still. <.< Well, it was a profound revelation for me, anyway, and I thought it kinda belonged here...

Syka
2007-08-14, 11:57 AM
I can see that. I had a crush on a guy for two years, even though he was a bit of a donkey's behind. It finally started to disappate when the donkey behind behavior began to affect me, but I still had liked him. *shrug* Can't always help crushes.

At the moment...still no crushes. Unless you count a slight one on Michael Westin (main character in Burn Notice), or one of the electrician guys who came yesterday. Although...those are more "admiring looks" than crushes...;) Though...I do have the guys cell number. I think he might have been more interested in my sis...but she's got a boyfriend. :smallwink:

How do I keep ending up getting personal contact info for the guys who have been working on our house? :smalleek: Hehe...

Cheers,
Syka

Dragonrider
2007-08-14, 12:40 PM
That would certainly be an interesting basis for a relationship. :smalltongue: Stranger things HAVE happened...

FdL
2007-08-14, 02:03 PM
Darnnnnn, I lost my post when DSL went down.

Well that's right, is an interesting contribution to discussing the very notion of a crush. It's not rational at all. You can well have a deep crush on some jerk or an awful person. But it doesn't make it weaker. It's really weird. It's a strong, gutsy thing in its inception, related to attraction, wishful thinking and obsession.

sktarq
2007-08-14, 03:27 PM
@^ then we'd get into the whole what is a crush versus and infatuation.

zeratul
2007-08-14, 03:28 PM
Anyone else think it would be fun and hillarious for someone to start a thread for people to post their celebrity crushes?

Dragonrider
2007-08-14, 03:36 PM
:smalltongue: get old pretty fast.

I don't know... I think that any attraction to celebrities falls under "infatuation" for me. My definition is that infatuation is less serious, but I don't know, because they're all kind of used interchangably....and is a crush that lasts two years honestly a crush or is it more serious than that? Or does it depend on the situation.

:smallamused: guess it doesn't really matter what you call it. They're all just made up words anyway :smallwink:

zeratul
2007-08-14, 03:45 PM
:smalltongue: get old pretty fast.

I don't know... I think that any attraction to celebrities falls under "infatuation" for me. My definition is that infatuation is less serious, but I don't know, because they're all kind of used interchangably....and is a crush that lasts two years honestly a crush or is it more serious than that? Or does it depend on the situation.

:smallamused: guess it doesn't really matter what you call it. They're all just made up words anyway :smallwink:

hmm, I had always used the word crush to describe the same thing you use to describe an infatuation. The scale generally used by me would go (if one wanted to do three parts) 1.crush 2. like 3. love .

Jibar
2007-08-14, 03:48 PM
I can sum up any Celebrity Crush thread.

OP: So, which celebrities have you got a crush on?

Me: Avril Lavigne!

*Everyone is scared away from the thread.*

zeratul
2007-08-14, 03:50 PM
I can sum up any Celebrity Crush thread.

OP: So, which celebrities have you got a crush on?

Me: Avril Lavigne!

*Everyone is scared away from the thread.*

Jibar, I was just about to say something about how we all knew yours would be 'ol Avril, but there you go simu ninja-ing me.:smalltongue:

Calamity
2007-08-14, 03:52 PM
Jibar, I was just about to say something about how we all knew yours would be 'ol Avril, but there you go simu ninja-ing me.:smalltongue:

Well, we DID know it was coming, and we now kow that it has.

Logic
2007-08-14, 03:54 PM
Anyone else think it would be fun and hillarious for someone to start a thread for people to post their celebrity crushes?

Do you really want to see "Angelina Jolie" 1000 times?

hmm, I had always used the word crush to describe the same thing you use to describe an infatuation. The scale generally used by me would go (if one wanted to do three parts) 1.crush 2. like 3. love .
My scale is not 1-3. Mine goes to 11. :smallamused:

Dragonrider
2007-08-14, 03:56 PM
any explanation for that bizarrely random number? :smalltongue:

Shadow
2007-08-14, 03:57 PM

Only 11?
Mine goes much higher than that, unfortunately.

Logic
2007-08-14, 04:02 PM
any explanation for that bizarrely random number? :smalltongue:

It's a reference to This is Spinal Tap. I want to explain, but it will either
A) be condescending

or

b) ruin a hilarious part of a funny movie.

So, go watch it! Logic dictates you do so!

zeratul
2007-08-14, 04:03 PM

Well my scale took 5 seconds to make. If I had more time, I could make a better one, but that woul require work now wouldn't it?

Midnight Son
2007-08-14, 04:26 PM
How do I keep ending up getting personal contact info for the guys who have been working on our house? :smalleek: Hehe...Queue a veritable gaggle of forumite guys volunteering to do work on Syka's house.:smalltongue:

Shadow
2007-08-14, 04:29 PM
I like long walks in the pouring rain.
My favorite food is soup.
My mommy tells me that I'm handsome.

zeratul
2007-08-14, 04:32 PM
*Reading the paper in a lawn chair* I missed my queue? Damn.

Logic
2007-08-14, 04:42 PM
*Reading the paper in a lawn chair* I missed my queue? Damn.

Thats as much an admission of guilt crushing as any!

zeratul
2007-08-14, 04:49 PM
Thats as much an admission of guilt crushing as any!

Oh it is not:smallsmile: .

sktarq
2007-08-14, 06:04 PM
It's a reference to This is Spinal Tap. I want to explain,...
*Snicker snicker*

phoenixineohp
2007-08-14, 07:00 PM
Logic, no worries. I figured it was a Spinal Tap reference, so at least some of us get the joke. :smallwink: (My favourite part is Harry Shearer getting trapped in the pod. :smallbiggrin:)

*Makes note to self: Find Rawhide's secret chocolate shrine. Eat.*

As for crushes... well, I's happy. It's been a good week. I'll just say that. :smallsmile:

Logic
2007-08-14, 09:20 PM
Logic, no worries. I figured it was a Spinal Tap reference, so at least some of us get the joke. :smallwink: (My favourite part is Harry Shearer getting trapped in the pod. :smallbiggrin:)

*Makes note to self: Find Rawhide's secret chocolate shrine. Eat.*

As for crushes... well, I's happy. It's been a good week. I'll just say that. :smallsmile:

It was a rather easy Spinal Tap reference, and it has been AGES since I saw it last.

By the way, I would definatly crush on any female that thought a good idea for a first or second date is to watch This Is Spinal Tap. (Partly to keep this thread on topic.)

Zeb The Troll
2007-08-15, 02:36 AM
Queue a veritable gaggle of forumite guys volunteering to do work on Syka's house.:smalltongue:Y'know, at first I was going to post that the word you were probably looking for was "cue" but then I reread and realized that "queue" makes just as much sense but with a slightly different meaning.

Cue the gaggle. <director motions for gaggle to go onstage and line up, "give them their cue">
Queue the gaggle. <a gaggle shows up and all get in line to take a turn volunteering to do some housework, "the gaggle has now formed a queue">

The mind wanders on lack of adequate sleep.

Midnight Son
2007-08-15, 09:16 AM
And wouldn't you have been embarassed when I called you on it, since queue can be used as both a noun and a verb.

Sir_Norbert
2007-08-15, 09:29 AM
Nevertheless, it is "cue" in that idiom.....

Bah. I for one have never seen her as particularly attractive.

Midnight Son
2007-08-15, 09:35 AM
(v) line up, queue up, queue (form a queue, form a line, stand in line) "Customers lined up in front of the store"

http://wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=queue

My intent with the phrase was not to say start a line, but to say line them up.

Now don't you feel embarassed?

Brickwall
2007-08-15, 09:58 AM
Now don't you feel embarassed?

Zeb and the others were keenly aware that "queue" is also a verb. However, the idiom "cue the ___" is a very common one, and "queue the ___" is practically unheard of. Their confusion stems from the fact that you said something odd, even if it was technically correct. There's no reason to act like you're "proving them wrong" about anything. You're not.[/offtopic]

I don't have any crushes in the playground. I don't get online crushes. By which I mean I don't acquire them, I do understand them (at least to the point where I understand non-online crushes). So you'll not be hearing from me in this thread again, most likely.

*wanders off muttering about the fact that the English language is an epic failure of linguistic evolution*

Syka
2007-08-15, 10:08 AM
...I walked into that one...:smalltongue: And Logic, I got the reference. My ex had me watch the movie, and now whenever numbers are mentioned I say, "But mine goes to 11" in a faux British accent. :)

*walks out again*

Cheers,
Syka

KoDT69
2007-08-15, 01:37 PM

I can agree with that one for sure, but she's only like #3 or 4 on my list :smallbiggrin:
1 - Shakira
2 - Beyonce
3 - Angelina Jolie
4 - Rihanna
5 - Jessica Alba
Hmm, can anybody guess at a pattern there? :smallwink:

Castaras
2007-08-15, 01:39 PM
Hmm...

I don't actually crush seriously on celebrities...

Although I'd definitely choose Aragorn over Legolas. :smallwink:

Vonriel
2007-08-15, 01:51 PM
Although I'd definitely choose Aragorn over Legolas. :smallwink:

Yeah, me too.

... What? :smallamused:

Jibar
2007-08-15, 01:53 PM
Everyone would choose Aragorn over Legolas.
Anyone who says otherwise is a damn dirty liar.

I can agree with that one for sure, but she's only like #3 or 4 on my list :smallbiggrin:
1 - Shakira
2 - Beyonce
3 - Angelina Jolie
4 - Rihanna
5 - Jessica Alba
Hmm, can anybody guess at a pattern there? :smallwink:

Yes I can. And it is a poor pattern indeed.
It is the pattern of a lack of Avril Lavigne.

You all know it will. It is an inevitable as the tides, as certain as the setting of the sun and the rising in the morrow.
<,<
>,>
<,>
*Goes off to hug Avril poster*

CurlyKitGirl
2007-08-15, 01:56 PM
I have no crushes on yug celebrities. Mine are either old or dead. If I have any crushes anyway.

Dragonrider
2007-08-15, 02:11 PM
I find it difficult to have any kind of crush on a celebrity...admire them for their looks, yes, watch a movie solely for their presence on the cast list, yes, but I wouldn't call that a "crush". :smalltongue:

Syka
2007-08-15, 02:44 PM
I'm with Dragonrider. Though, if that is what qualifies as a celeb crush, Josh Hartnett is so on that list for me. ;)

Aragorn, it is generally agreed, is basically hot. This is according to about three generations of women (my mom, her friend, me, my sister, and several women in between those ages). :smallwink:

Who else...well, Alan Tudyk is my favorite actor, but that isn't really a crush.

Already mentioned the guy who plays Michael Westin on Burn Notice...

That's about it, really.

Cheers,
Syka

Brickwall
2007-08-15, 02:58 PM
Who else...well, Alan Tudyk is my favorite actor, but that isn't really a crush.

What?! How can you mean that? Didn't you see his sexy, sexy moustache in the episode of Firefly with the flashbacks (I think this one was in Trash)?

I'm disappointed, Syka. I thought you were cool, but I'm afraid I can't be friends with people who don't worship that moustache. :smallbiggrin:

FdL
2007-08-15, 02:59 PM
I've had plenty crushes for actresses and female musicians in the past. Some I can remember are Laura Leighton (Sidney in Melrose Place...hmmm now that I think about it I actually had a crush on the character), Kate Pierson from The B-52's, Tanya Donelly, and yeah, Marina Sirtis (Lt. Troy of ST: TNG).

Yup. That's just a little glimpse at the crazy place that is my mind. :p

Pyrian
2007-08-15, 03:27 PM
I find it difficult to have any kind of crush on a celebrity...admire them for their looks, yes, watch a movie solely for their presence on the cast list, yes, but I wouldn't call that a "crush". :smalltongue:

Um. It is. Seriously, if you're watching utter crap movies because a cute-faced actor is in it - you're over that line.

Dragonrider
2007-08-15, 03:40 PM
Um. It is. Seriously, if you're watching utter crap movies because a cute-faced actor is in it - you're over that line.

Hehe. Suit yourself. :smallamused:

Quincunx
2007-08-15, 04:26 PM
I call it "ogling". It makes watching boring events less painful.

Ego Slayer
2007-08-15, 05:09 PM
Am I the only one who rarely finds celebrities all that attractive? I mean, sure in a movie they might be really attractive, but just as regular people... eh? Not so much...

I prefer dead musicians, but I still don't know how you have a crush on any "celebrity."

Dragonrider
2007-08-15, 05:17 PM
:smalltongue: Yeah, as a general rule, I prefer to mock actors as I'm watching their movies, rather than ogle them. That is, poke fun at their egos, which usually are so obvious as to take up the entire space beside them.

(This is probably due to the fact that there are a few movies I watch over and over till I know them too well and I start seeing the ridiculous aspect of every scene and character)

Sir_Norbert
2007-08-15, 06:29 PM
Am I the only one who rarely finds celebrities all that attractive? I mean, sure in a movie they might be really attractive, but just as regular people... eh? Not so much...
Not at all; I'm completely with you there. Oh, there are some celebrities I find attractive, but few, and no more so than many people I know from real life. And the celebrities I do find attractive are generally unusual ones (such as Katie Holmes); Angelina, Keira Knightley, Julia Roberts and Jessica Simpson do nothing for me at all. Which is one reason why it really annoys me sometimes, the way in today's culture it's generally considered that beauty is an objective fact and anyone who doesn't find the same people attractive as popular opinion must simply be lying. Yeah, right.

Nomrom
2007-08-15, 07:02 PM
No no, if your opinions don't agree with those of the popular majority, then your opinions are obviously wrong. That being said, there are some actresses I find attractive, but I don't think that's what I would call a crush either.

FdL
2007-08-15, 07:47 PM
(Warning: I'm feeling depressed so everything I say should be interpreted with that in mind)

I realize that I have a big tendency to get crushes. And if I think about it, I don't like it. It's not a trait of mine that I think it's positive.
I came to this conclusion when I remembered how I had a big crush on my teacher. A few years ago, in university, mind you. She's gorgeous, of course, it's not all my fault :p Maybe my mind is too susceptible to beauty. Maybe I want too badly for it to be a part of my life. Maybe I want to love and be loved too badly. :(

Which is one reason why it really annoys me sometimes, the way in today's culture it's generally considered that beauty is an objective fact and anyone who doesn't find the same people attractive as popular opinion must simply be lying. Yeah, right.

Exactly. Beauty is considered to be an objective standard. But they also promote this concept. Of course, it's all part of a bigger issue with today's society, and marketing, and consumism, values, etc.

Personally I often find myself liking women that are not traditionally considered to be beautiful...

KoDT69
2007-08-15, 07:47 PM
Everyone would choose Aragorn over Legolas.
Anyone who says otherwise is a damn dirty liar.

I'm a dude, and even I could have guessed at that one... :smalleek:

Yes I can. And it is a poor pattern indeed.
It is the pattern of a lack of Avril Lavigne.

I knew I forgot something. Jibar, you are in fact correct that she is hotness as well. Although I would rank her either number 6 or 7 though. It's a toss-up between her and Lina from TATU (Russian, go figure). I'm petty set on my top 5, but Avril is up there too, and would also fit the main pattern of my preferences, foreign women (I'm from the good ol' USA, Beyonce is the only citizen on my list :smallwink: ).

FdL
2007-08-15, 07:52 PM
Oh, there was a top five around! Well, my vote goes to Shakira. Definitely. She has the type of body I like. And she seems to know how to move it. Yessssss :p

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-08-15, 08:02 PM
I'd have to say Bryce Dallas Howard is about the only celebrity crush I've ever really had.

Some of those others mentioned are 'hot' I guess, but if you aren't also cute to go with it, meh.

Edit:

*looks up Avril Lavigne out of curiosity*

Mmm, hmmm. No offense but I wouldn't even put her in the hot category, and theres not one inch of cuteness on her. Sorry, I'm just really not into goth-girls.

FdL
2007-08-15, 09:17 PM
*looks up Avril Lavigne out of curiosity*

Mmm, hmmm. No offense but I wouldn't even put her in the hot category, and theres not one inch of cuteness on her. Sorry, I'm just really not into goth-girls.

Really. Though she's not a goth girl. Goth girls at least have and edge. Not TV goth-girls...Well, you get my point :p (maybe not)
I don't want to offend her fans, but to me she's just a pretty faced, nosejob teenager who dresses "hip". She's too thin for my taste too. And her music sucks. I really, really don't know what people see in her. I mean, she's not thaaaaat cute. She's got blue eyes, but that's all. Did I already mention the nosejob? :S :S :S

Nomrom
2007-08-15, 09:40 PM
My number one celebrity "crush" would be Evangeline Lilly. She plays Kate on Lost for anyone who doesn't know her.

Serpentine
2007-08-15, 10:06 PM
>.>
<.<
>definitely did not have a major crush on Elijah Wood after seeing Lord of the Rings for the first time. Nope. No siree<

Well, there's Johnny Depp, but I think that really goes without saying. Anyway, I admire him just as much for his personality, ideals and convictions as for his face, characters and talent.

Hell Puppi
2007-08-15, 10:57 PM
I would love to meet Johnny Depp, even if it was just to have a conversation. He seems very interesting.

I also have a weird infatuation with Snape. I think it stems from the need to hug depressed people.

Also, I believe I read this in a magazine once, but I think it fits:
"There are very few women who wouldn't like to get on the back of that saddle with the King of Men."

...and as I'm writing this, I realize I share approximately 1/2 my crushes with my mother. 'tis scary.

Nomrom
2007-08-15, 11:00 PM
I doubt this helps any, but you share at least 2/3 of those crushes with my mom too.

Dragonrider
2007-08-15, 11:04 PM
:smalltongue: My mother has good taste!

....sometimes.

She married my dad though, and my dad is the most awesome person ever, so clearly some things are right. :smallwink:

Ego Slayer
2007-08-15, 11:09 PM
I've seen Leonardo DiCaprio in person before... I swear, some of these people are too good looking... or something. Like they're attractive, but... :smallyuk:

SDF
2007-08-15, 11:28 PM
I saw an episode of Keenan and Kel being recorded when I was at Universal >_>;

If you ever want to meet Tom Hanks he is at Sun Valley, Idaho skiing the 3-5 of January... or at least I saw him there three years in a row. Arnold, Bruce Willis, Jane Fonda, and a bunch of others have mansions, and ski up there too...

The only celebs I ever thought were attractive were Michelle Trachtenberg and Edward Furlong. But I'd never have a crush on a celeb :smallyuk: I generally try to avoid crushes in the first place, but being human, when I do it is usually after talking to said person.

zeratul
2007-08-15, 11:52 PM
I've seen Leonardo DiCaprio in person before... I swear, some of these people are too good looking... or something. Like they're attractive, but... :smallyuk:

He was great in the Departed. Other than that I don't particularrly care for him.

Serpentine
2007-08-16, 12:16 AM
At risk of going off-topic, I must say I do actually admire Ol' Leo. He can be really a very good actor, but he has had a few unfortunate roles. I know what you mean though, Ego, about too good-looking.

I must say I do think that Liv Tyler (http://www.geocities.com/arwen_evenstar3018/arwen_requiem.jpg)is beautiful - I have a picture of her in my "ideas book" to help me if I need to describe a gorgeous woman. *sigh* Does envy count as a crush?

Lucky
2007-08-16, 12:18 AM
I must say I do think that Liv Tyler (http://www.geocities.com/arwen_evenstar3018/arwen_requiem.jpg)is beautiful - I have a picture of her in my "ideas book" to help me if I need to describe a gorgeous woman. *sigh* Does envy count as a crush?Not usually.

Helgraf
2007-08-16, 01:16 AM
Gleh. A better man has won out.

Jibar
2007-08-16, 01:29 AM
I will never, ever forgive Leo for the Man in the Iron Mask movie he did.
He was the only man in the whole movie, who had no facial hair.
Honest to God.

Really. Though she's not a goth girl. Goth girls at least have and edge. Not TV goth-girls...Well, you get my point :p (maybe not)
I don't want to offend her fans, but to me she's just a pretty faced, nosejob teenager who dresses "hip". She's too thin for my taste too. And her music sucks. I really, really don't know what people see in her. I mean, she's not thaaaaat cute. She's got blue eyes, but that's all. Did I already mention the nosejob? :S :S :S

She hasn't had a nose job. :smalltongue: She's not even a goth-girl anyway. She's just plain ol' perfect all round.
*Goes off humming Sk8r Boi*

>definitely did not have a major crush on Elijah Wood after seeing Lord of the Rings for the first time. Nope. No siree<

>Would totally not be surprised considering his sister had one on him for years.<

Seriously, she went out and bought a Frodo action figure just because she liked him.
Still hasn't opened that anyway.

Charity
2007-08-16, 03:47 AM
Must... resist... rude... joke... posable... plastic ... action.

*gags self*

Jibar
2007-08-16, 03:52 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs6/i/2005/102/3/a/FISH_SLAP_by_carnival.gif

Better?

KoDT69
2007-08-16, 06:58 AM
I don't want to offend her fans, but to me she's just a pretty faced, nosejob teenager who dresses "hip". She's too thin for my taste too. And her music sucks. I really, really don't know what people see in her. I mean, she's not thaaaaat cute. She's got blue eyes, but that's all.

You are welcome to your opinion dude, but I am with Jibar on this one. She is hot and a talented musician. Her attitude that shines through in her music is part of her appeal. :smallsmile:

I've had plenty crushes for actresses and female musicians in the past. Some I can remember are Laura Leighton (Sidney in Melrose Place...hmmm now that I think about it I actually had a crush on the character), Kate Pierson from The B-52's, Tanya Donelly, and yeah, Marina Sirtis (Lt. Troy of ST: TNG).

I disagree with all of these, but would not dream of questioning your taste. :smallbiggrin: I've just learned that sometimes people appeal to you, and you don't always have a good reason...

Pyrian
2007-08-16, 11:35 AM
(Warning: I'm feeling depressed so everything I say should be interpreted with that in mind)
I think it stems from the need to hug depressed people.

I think FdL needs a hug. :smallwink:

Dragonrider
2007-08-16, 11:53 AM
See, my opinion on someone's looks tends to be influenced by their personality, so if I don't like them as a person, it's hard to see them as good-looking. (Not always the case, but often.) Take Orlando Bloom...yeah he's good looking, but I'd probably consider him more so if there appeared to be more going on in his head than I think there is. :smalltongue:

(my mom has a thing for him...not one we really share)

Hoggy
2007-08-16, 12:40 PM
Celebrity crushes? Erm...

- That Elizabeth Dushku woman, or whatever her name is. I dunno. My mate just keeps throwing pictures at me.
- Cristina Scabbia. Hawt.
- Hayley Williams. Music sucks, but she's fine.
- Kerry King. Not really, but I'd love to see his reaction.
- That one who plays Hermione.
Thinking of 'ol Potter, the one that plays Luna. I've not seen the movie, just pics. She's not too bad.
-Does Ada from RE4 count?

Obviously there's mroe, but I can't think of them right now, I'm too busy worrying about driving test tomorrow. Then maybe I can concentrate on women again.

Can only think about one thing at once, dammit. MULTITASKING BAD!

FdL
2007-08-16, 09:59 PM
I think FdL needs a hug. :smallwink:

Well it's true! :) You saved me from making a pitiful post of self promotion, Pyrian. Thanks for the nudge (even if it doesn't work) ;)

Xykon_Fan
2007-08-17, 12:22 AM
Well it's true! :) You saved me from making a pitiful post of self promotion, Pyrian. Thanks for the nudge (even if it doesn't work) ;)

Yay! Alliteration! Way to go FdL! Hmmm...on crushes...I'd have to say that I really don't have any right now, though I am at a 2/3 girls college, the honors program I'm in advises against dating in the first year. I think I'll be taking that advice. However, there are plenty of really nice, thinking girls around, so I may be developing crushes, just not relationships.

I once knew someone who met Johnny Depp at Disneyland when the new Pirates ride came out. Apparently they had a pretty fun conversation...go figure. I'd really like to meet him. He is so...errr...unique, and I love his taste in humor.

Syka
2007-08-17, 09:09 AM
...The Pirates ride is not new. Anyone whose been to Disney World in Orlando can tell you that. Admittedly, they've evidently changed some of it to fit the movies, which I find a blemish upon my childhood, but the ride is not new. :smalltongue: Sorry, hehe. I'm just protective of my childhood. Like the fact that they replaced Mr. Toads Wild Ride with Whinnie the Pooh...*headdesks* I loved Mr. Toads Wild Ride...

*ahem* Apologies for the off topic-ness.

Cheers,
Syka

phoenixineohp
2007-08-17, 04:30 PM
Yay! Alliteration! Way to go FdL! Hmmm...on crushes...I'd have to say that I really don't have any right now, though I am at a 2/3 girls college, the honors program I'm in advises against dating in the first year. I think I'll be taking that advice. However, there are plenty of really nice, thinking girls around, so I may be developing crushes, just not relationships.

I once knew someone who met Johnny Depp at Disneyland when the new Pirates ride came out. Apparently they had a pretty fun conversation...go figure. I'd really like to meet him. He is so...errr...unique, and I love his taste in humor.

My program is small enough that they advised that to us too. I didn't take that advice and wish I had now. >.< D'oh.

As for celebrities, meh. Some are beautiful, some I just don't get the obsession with. For some I understand and roll my eyes. Meh.

I like 'different' or 'interesting'. Pretty boys are a dime a dozen but what catches my eye is something else. Something... different.

So yes, I love Johnny Depp. Now he is awfully attractive in the first pirates movie, but I fell for him in Benny and Joon. And it's him as a person that blows my mind. His skill, interests, personality. That's why I can't call it a crush. It's an immense respect for someone who also happens to be attractive.

Now Wentworth Miller from Prison Break... both his character and him as an actor... that might be a crush. But he's so gorgeous it hurts to look at him, which can actually be a down side. Though he did have a small role on an episode of Buffy, so you know, instant points there. :smalltongue:

Lianae
2007-08-17, 06:59 PM
Now Wentworth Miller from Prison Break... both his character and him as an actor... that might be a crush. But he's so gorgeous it hurts to look at him, which can actually be a down side. Though he did have a small role on an episode of Buffy, so you know, instant points there. :smalltongue:

On the other hand, he was also in a Mariah Carey video.

Saithis Bladewing
2007-08-17, 07:57 PM
Celebrity crushes? Never had one.

Gitman00
2007-08-17, 10:08 PM
I must say I do think that Liv Tyler (http://www.geocities.com/arwen_evenstar3018/arwen_requiem.jpg)is beautiful - I have a picture of her in my "ideas book" to help me if I need to describe a gorgeous woman. *sigh* Does envy count as a crush?

Agreed; Liv is beautiful. She has her father's lips, but they look way better on her.

SurlySeraph
2007-08-17, 10:18 PM
Celebrity crushes? Scarlett Johansson. She's beautiful in a boring, conventional way, yes, but she's still unbelievably beautiful. Like, "I deny that a person who looks like that can actually exist"-level beautiful.

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-17, 10:21 PM
* Ahem *

Anonymous or no, this is for discussion of your crushes on this forum...

Logic
2007-08-18, 01:09 AM
* Ahem *

Despite that Quote, it could be interpreted that you, being on this forum, are able to post your crushes as you see fit.

Or, you could interpret it to mean that you may post your crushes ON THE FORUM ITSELF.

We are going with the looser interpretation.

Xykon_Fan
2007-08-18, 01:24 AM
Despite that Quote, it could be interpreted that you, being on this forum, are able to post your crushes as you see fit.

Or, you could interpret it to mean that you may post your crushes ON THE FORUM ITSELF.

We are going with the looser interpretation.

How very logical of you...:smalltongue: Sorry, I'm sure you hear that a lot.

FdL
2007-08-18, 12:19 PM
Scarlett Johansson is pretty crusheable. I don't think she's beautiful in such a standard way. More like Uma Thurman in that she has her own way of being gorgeous.

I saw a movie the other day on cable of a group of friends who make a plan to trespass a building to get the answers for an exam. Scarlett was soo cute on that. I love the way she's dressed in that movie. Totally loooove it. <3 I hadn't really thought she was that cute before I saw it.

Dragonrider
2007-08-18, 12:48 PM
Or, you could interpret it to mean that you may post your crushes ON THE FORUM ITSELF

Considering that we all spend an ungodly number of hours on this board, I think we can ALL justifiably say we have crushes on the forum. :smallbiggrin:

FdL
2007-08-18, 01:36 PM
Lately I've thought maybe it's better not to reveal mine because they could get embarassed about it. But well, they already know who they are.

Logic
2007-08-18, 04:21 PM
Considering that we all spend an ungodly number of hours on this board, I think we can ALL justifiably say we have crushes on the forum. :smallbiggrin:
Hours? I can't measure the amount of time I spend on here in hours. Days is better, but weeks might also describe it. :smallwink:

Lately I've thought maybe it's better not to reveal mine because they could get embarassed about it. But well, they already know who they are.
Oddly enough, I chose a similar path.

Sir_Norbert
2007-08-18, 08:50 PM
* Ahem *
In that case, it's time for me to make public the fact that I have a crush on your avatar. :elan:

Nomrom
2007-08-18, 08:54 PM
Make sure it stays on her avatar, or her brother will have something to say to you. And apparently he knows how to use swords.

SDF
2007-08-18, 09:06 PM

I think thats a good reason to avoid it... but also, for me, something like an online crush is completely unfeasible. For someone who hasn't had a week off since Christmas, and only a few grand in the bank any crush I would have would be little more than a nice thought. But someday, when I'm out of residency, I'll have time off for a partner. I'll only be 28 !!! >_<

FdL
2007-08-18, 09:06 PM
Oddly enough, I chose a similar path.

I mean, I guess it's pretty awful for a girl to know that I have a crush on her :p Hahaha! Aw, I'm hopeless.

Edit: SDF, what does money and work (or age for that matter) have to do with having a crush for an online girl? :)

Brickwall
2007-08-18, 09:10 PM
I mean, I guess it's pretty awful for a girl to know that I have a crush on her :p Hahaha! Aw, I'm hopeless.

The phrase is, "Awww...I made myself sad."

SDF
2007-08-18, 09:14 PM
Edit: SDF, what does money and work (or age for that matter) have to do with having a crush for an online girl? :)

Work is time, or in my case school and work. Money is the feasibility to meet said person, and age is me lamenting over my youth slipping away :smalltongue: Anyway I found my wallet... I'm gonna get some food... mmm

phoenixineohp
2007-08-18, 09:18 PM
I guess I don't see the harm in having a light crush on someone. It's a nice way to meet new people...

Dragonrider
2007-08-18, 09:29 PM
I guess I don't see the harm in having a light crush on someone. It's a nice way to meet new people...

:smalltongue: if a tad awkward?

"Hi, I have a mild crush on you. Wanna chat?"

:smallbiggrin:

phoenixineohp
2007-08-18, 09:31 PM
Now what's wrong with that? "Hi. You interest me. Tell me more about yourself."

It seems to be working anyways...

Brickwall
2007-08-18, 09:32 PM
:smalltongue: if a tad awkward?

"Hi, I have a mild crush on you. Wanna chat?"

:smallbiggrin:

The proper method is, "Hey, I wanna jump your bones. Wanna meet in the middle and just talk?"

Yeah, I'm Suh-moooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

Cyrano
2007-08-18, 09:36 PM
I generally enjoy the "I used to have a crush on you, but started finding you hideously ugly and stopped, so there's no reason to feel threatened anymore! So, your topic or mine?" And then refuse to leave for the next hour or so.

Brickwall
2007-08-18, 09:45 PM
I generally enjoy the "I used to have a crush on you, but started finding you hideously ugly and stopped, so there's no reason to feel threatened anymore! So, your topic or mine?" And then refuse to leave for the next hour or so.

Well, if you're not interested anymore, yeah...

Are you attempting to imply something? I can never tell. And now you'll never tell me. Curse you!

Cyrano
2007-08-18, 09:49 PM
If by attempting to imply something, you mean attempting to imply *staticy plotdevice goodness*, then yes, of course.
But in all seriousness, folks and anthropomorphic bricks, I was just implying I have a complete lack of social understanding. Stop hating me, I don't deserve it.

Brickwall
2007-08-18, 10:04 PM
Do I look anthropomorphic to you? Wall, here, girl! :smallamused: :smalltongue:

Dragonrider
2007-08-18, 10:05 PM
If by attempting to imply something, you mean attempting to imply *staticy plotdevice goodness*, then yes, of course.
But in all seriousness, folks and anthropomorphic bricks, I was just implying I have a complete lack of social understanding. Stop hating me, I don't deserve it.

You've been here long enough, you should know - this forum is filled up with socially inept geeks. That's what makes it so fun - we're all bouncing off each other with our nerdiness and lack of communication skills. :smallbiggrin: If we weren't so smart we'd look like idiots.

Cyrano
2007-08-18, 10:09 PM
Dragon, your assumption that most of the forum would call a gal ugly to your face is mildly unsettling. Am I in the wrong room or something?
Oh, and we all look like idiots anyway.

Dragonrider
2007-08-18, 10:10 PM
Dragon, your assumption that most of the forum would call a gal ugly to your face is mildly unsettling. Am I in the wrong room or something?
Oh, and we all look like idiots anyway.

Smart idiots.

I wasn't implying that we aren't better than you. It's easy, no one is as socially clueless as D'anna, it's what makes you awesome. :smallcool:

Brickwall
2007-08-18, 10:12 PM
Smart idiots.

I wasn't implying that we aren't better than you. It's easy, no one is as socially clueless as D'anna, it's what makes you awesome. :smallcool:

Meanwhile in the next thread, Dragonrider is assuming that Brickwall has the social knowledge of a pile of bricks. Technically, she is correct. Why am I still narrating?

Dragonrider
2007-08-18, 10:21 PM
Why am I still narrating?

Because you have the social knowledge of a pile of bricks.

In fact, one could make the argument that your total knowledge is nothing more than a pile of bricks. Or even your very existance. :smallamused:

(though I have to add that I've never met a wittier pile of bricks in my admittedly short life)

(never mind, that wall at my grandparents' house was pretty dang clever :smalltongue:)

Brickwall
2007-08-18, 10:23 PM
Because you have the social knowledge of a pile of bricks.

In fact, one could make the argument that your total knowledge is nothing more than a pile of bricks. Or even your very existance. :smallamused:

(though I have to add that I've never met a wittier pile of bricks in my admittedly short life)

(never mind, that wall at my grandparents' house was pretty dang clever :smalltongue:)

Well, yeah, we brick walls have much better aging improvements for our brains. That old wall has years of advantage. It's not a fair comparison.

SDF
2007-08-18, 11:02 PM

Nah, thats totally cool. I love meeting new people, and that is a good way to do so. At least it works for some people :smallwink:

FdL
2007-08-19, 12:40 PM

Yes, exactly. Nothing wrong with that. Though I always fear girls will misinterpret my "vibe" as a stalker-ish one. *sigh*

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-19, 08:02 PM
I know I would.

FdL
2007-08-19, 10:46 PM
I don't know. If I learned someone has a crush on me I'd feel happy, really flattered ^^ Hmm...Even if I was stalked by a girl I'd be proud of it to an extent. It'd probably get weird at some point, but I can see the positive aspect of it.

Maybe those last two sentences sound like complete nonsense, but well, that's where my train of thought comes from.

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-20, 12:52 PM
Whereas I'd be going "You must be mistaken, he's over there" while thinking
http://photo.gangus.com/d/26788-2/ackbar.jpg

But, your way is good too.

Dragonrider
2007-08-20, 03:05 PM
I've been watching The Bathroom Sessions (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=bnlmusic&p=r) on YouTube and have come to the conclusion that Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies is the height of awesomeness. It's not a crush but it's a "my-God-that-man-is-cool" thing.

It wouldn't be right for me to have a celebrity crush on him...seeing as he reminds me so much of my dad....:smalltongue:

Logic
2007-08-20, 03:11 PM
I've been watching The Bathroom Sessions (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=bnlmusic&p=r) on YouTube and have come to the conclusion that Ed Robertson of the Barenaked Ladies is the height of awesomeness. It's not a crush but it's a "my-God-that-man-is-cool" thing.

It wouldn't be right for me to have a celebrity crush on him...seeing as he reminds me so much of my dad....:smalltongue:

That would be creepy...

phoenixineohp
2007-08-20, 03:12 PM
And Freudian. Don't forget Freudian.

Logic
2007-08-20, 03:13 PM
And Freudian. Don't forget Freudian.I was gonna mention it, but I didn't think it needed to be said.

Dragonrider
2007-08-20, 03:15 PM
:smalleek:

I think that "wrong on every possible level" is enough to cover it pretty well. :smalltongue:

phoenixineohp
2007-08-20, 03:18 PM
Freud should never win. *shakes head*

But they are Canadian, so I suggest tracking down some of our younger talent. They are perhaps more crushable. :smalltongue:

FdL
2007-08-20, 03:19 PM
Yeah, creepy and all, but women do that all the time. On a subconscious level, of course.

sktarq
2007-08-20, 03:35 PM
Yeah, creepy and all, but women do that all the time. On a subconscious level, of course.

It can be HIGHLY disurbing I'd say. I have had several girl tell me that a major reason they had a crush on me/hit on me was that I reminded them of their fathers. Slightly more disturbingly most of these girls were older than me.

FdL
2007-08-20, 03:43 PM
Yup...People are weird like that.
Right now I'm looking into myself for reasons for not giving up entirely on the human species as a whole. It's one of those days :s

Hey, then it must mean the people around here are in a good mood :) Or is it just with Relationships thread, DragonRider? :p

Dragonrider
2007-08-20, 03:51 PM
Haha. could be. Things ain't looking too bad over there - no new disasters thus far, anyway. I think you're a pretty good mood-o-meter, FdL. :smallwink:

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-20, 04:28 PM
Sorry, I’m curious. Would it be
mood-ō-mēter (mood-oh-meat-er)
or
mood-ŏ-mĕter (mood-aw-met-er)?

Sir_Norbert
2007-08-20, 04:58 PM
Same as "speedometer" except with "moo" instead of "spee". :elan:

Ego Slayer
2007-08-20, 05:52 PM
Same as "speedometer" except with "moo" instead of "spee". :elan:
I can't help but giggle every time I read this. :smallbiggrin:

Lucky
2007-08-20, 05:54 PM
But they are Canadian, so I suggest tracking down some of our younger talent. They are perhaps more crushable. :smalltongue:We have talent? :smallconfused:

Dragonrider
2007-08-20, 06:16 PM
We have talent? :smallconfused:

DUH you do! Did I not post the *LINK* (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=bnlmusic&p=r) clearly enough?? (and check out the awesome slide on "Testing 1-2-3".) Dude! This is the guy I'd have a crush on (even though he's 37, married, and has three kids) if he didn't remind me so much of my dad!

I'd better drop that line before it creeps me out any further.

Lucky
2007-08-20, 06:21 PM
DUH you do! Did I not post the *LINK* (http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=bnlmusic&p=r) clearly enough?? I counter with this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1bTsaIf2ww) this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ25-glGRzI) this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGFXKYvH39I) and this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lhkCQkhu8)

We're talentless. :smalltongue:

Nomrom
2007-08-20, 07:05 PM
Lucky, you are my hero. Most of the people I know are in love with those bands. I really don't get it at all.

Lucky
2007-08-20, 07:07 PM
Lucky, you are my hero.I might even be tempted to sig this, but I seem to be out of my sig at the moment. :smalltongue:

Aramil Liadon
2007-08-20, 08:20 PM
Holy crap. I was completely fooled by the avvie switch.

Just thought that since everyone in the room heard that, you should too.

Midnight Son
2007-08-20, 09:01 PM
I counter with this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1bTsaIf2ww) We're talentless. :smalltongue:
Why is it that every wannabe pop rock band these days has to have at least one song with that same lead in guitar riff?

Dun-dun-dada-dun...

Okay, so I don't know how to write it proper, but just listen to the first ten seconds or so(if you have the stomach for it) and you'll see.

Nomrom
2007-08-20, 09:08 PM
I might even be tempted to sig this, but I seem to be out of my sig at the moment. :smalltongue:

Well darn. I almost got sigged. Oh well, close enough to count in my book.

@^: Yeah, I see what riff you're talking about. It is really common isn't it.

To keep this kind of on topic, I'm going up to college this weekend before I leave, and I'll get to go see the girl I have a crush on once last time. I guess I'll probably get over that crush in the two years without seeing her.

Jibar
2007-08-21, 01:36 AM
I counter with this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1bTsaIf2ww) this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ25-glGRzI) this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGFXKYvH39I) and this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lhkCQkhu8)

Bad bad baaaaad band. Hate to lead.

this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ25-glGRzI)

<3 :smalltongue:

this, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGFXKYvH39I)

Never heard of them.

and this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2lhkCQkhu8)

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Midnight Son
2007-08-29, 10:46 PM
Ahhhh, revival!

So I've been feeling kinda lonely recently and have decided that I need a rebound crush. All applicants will be considered. Make sure to include a photo and a small essay on why you would be great for my rebound.:smallcool:

phoenixineohp
2007-08-29, 10:53 PM
Hmmm...

:mitd:

I remind you of your sister.

Uh... on second thought...
:smallwink: Sorry to hear you are single, though I'm sure it won't last long. :)

Midnight Son
2007-08-29, 10:59 PM
Hmmm...

Uh... on second thought...
:smallwink:
The pics a bit small, so I can't make you out very well. As for the sister thing, well, a good pic and essay could change that. After all, I base my opinion of you on some very limited info. Course, if the pic ends up looking like my sister, you're chances will be completely shot.:smallsmile:

Xykon_Fan
2007-08-30, 04:38 AM
I thought about putting this in arts and crafts, but...who it's written for and what she gave me seemed better suited here. The poem is dedicated to its inspiration.

The Goddess' Garden

The goddess walks through the garden in the cool morning,
And color fades from the touch of her beauty.
Grass turns gray as her feet lightly tread the soil,
Flowers lose their hue when she walks past.
The sky’s color is pulled into her eyes,
And they sparkle with the light of the sun.
Her small divine footsteps anticipate her heart’s desire,
And suddenly, she reaches the glade, and he is there,
The god of the garden, the love of her life.
Love approaches love, and just as the world dies
Their lips meet, time stops, and the world itself is reborn
In a splash of color

The goddess loved the poem, and as she is an artist, drew this for me:

http://a377.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/117/l_05a8f17c6be378bc4f62ba37166b7038.jpg

Castaras
2007-08-30, 04:52 AM
*deep breath*

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

That is so sweet...

Serpentine
2007-08-30, 04:52 AM
>Dissolves into a puddle of "awww"<

Charity
2007-08-30, 05:51 AM
*shlep shlep shlep shlep shlep shlep*

Hey X tis a beauty! Good man

Anyone know where this purple goo came from?.... anyone?

Trog
2007-08-30, 10:37 AM
*Trog enters carrying a mop and bucket and begins to clean up the purple goo*

Trog thought we were just crushing people around here, not liquefying them. Or pureeing or whatever setting results in this sort of mess. Like Trog doesn't have enough work cleaning up all the crushees, broken hearts, and such already.

*Mop mop squish soak soak scrape scoop mop mop mop*

Serpentine
2007-08-30, 10:44 AM
>reforms in the bucket<
>slithers out with a schlop<
One of my bestest crushers has left :smallfrown: I'm desolate Khan, desolate! >dramatic hand-to-the-forehead<

Jibar
2007-08-30, 11:47 AM
*holds hands out ready to catch Serpy when she faints*

Khan will be back. They aaalways come back.
Aaaaalwaaaaaays.

Now, this message from our sponser.

Are you not feeling delicious?
Buy new ice cream.
Then koalas will track you down and kill you, then take the ice cream.
Ice cream. It makes you delicious.

Serpentine
2007-08-30, 12:01 PM
>once he's well in position, collapses into the cat-muffin's arms<

Em Blackleaf
2007-08-30, 06:05 PM
In that case, it's time for me to make public the fact that I have a crush on your avatar. :elan:

Thank you!! :smallbiggrin:

Make sure it stays on her avatar, or her brother will have something to say to you. And apparently he knows how to use swords.

Someone's been reading the You thread. :smalltongue:

Midnight Son
2007-08-30, 09:15 PM
Hmmm...

Uh... on second thought...Well, I seem to have found my rebound crush. It's gonna be a bit awkward crushing on a pair of disembodied eyes.:smallamused:

Your eyes, like mesmerizing incandescent orbs, draw me in like a...thing that's attracted to mesmerizing incandescent orbs and enfold me in their surrounding darkness, till I lie in blissful ignorant slumber, helpless to your every whim.

Whaddaya thinK? Do I have a shot with the Harlequin romance novel people?

Brickwall
2007-08-30, 09:22 PM
Well, I seem to have found my rebound crush. It's gonna be a bit awkward crushing on a pair of disembodied eyes.:smallamused:

Your eyes, like mesmerizing incandescent orbs, draw me in like a...thing that's attracted to mesmerizing incandescent orbs and enfold me in their surrounding darkness, till I lie in blissful ignorant slumber, helpless to your every whim.

Whaddaya thinK? Do I have a shot with the Harlequin romance novel people?

Yes, but coming from me, that's an insult. :smalltongue:

(I seriously hate those things from the bottom of my soul)

phoenixineohp
2007-08-30, 09:22 PM
Hehehe. That's pretty good. :smallwink: (Though you aren't quoting the updated message, just to note.)

But I'm sure the applicants are just finishing proof reading their essays. I'm off to find a keroppi umbrella. I'm not a fan of pink, and the frog... well it just wins.:smallwink:

"And frog."

FdL
2007-08-30, 09:47 PM
I'm curious, Phoenix, have you graced these forums with any photograph of you?

Logic
2007-08-30, 09:50 PM
I think she is in one of the group photos, and I remeber a photo of her BAAAAAAD sunburn on her back, but I don't think she has a personal photo on here.

phoenixineohp
2007-08-30, 10:08 PM
There have been parts of me, including the famous back of my head, but nothing that would be identifying. Hence the monster in the darkness joke. :smallwink:

FdL
2007-08-30, 10:29 PM
Oh, I'm just curious to know how you look like. It's a shame you're camera shy, though I can understand that people can be.