PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Mockery Drones vs Mindsight

PacMan42
2016-04-06, 11:14 AM
I have a telepathic capable character with Mindsight, and I'm wondering if I would be able to immediately detect a Mockery Drone inside someone. Our party has already had an encounter and fought several of them. I feel that they being somewhat intelligent (Int 4 I believe), that I pick out their Intelligence score and their type? Even if its just knowing they aren't human is enough.

Thanks

Eloel
2016-04-06, 12:05 PM
Depends. You likely don't have LoE to within the creature, so if you need that for your telepathy, it won't work.

PacMan42
2016-04-06, 12:46 PM
Depends. You likely don't have LoE to within the creature.

I read the Mockery Drone description, and it appears the creature doesn't live in the body of it's host, it becomes it's body. The original is digested by the queen, and the drone is made in the originals image. So if the person is a drone, the entirety of their body is the Mockery Drone. Does this satisfy that?

Eloel
2016-04-06, 12:49 PM
That means you only see one mind, as the original is consumed. Why'd you see two?

PacMan42
2016-04-06, 12:52 PM
Sorry, my wording wasn't clear. I would detect the only mind there, but the mind is of a Mockery Drone, which tries to mimic a human mind as best it can (Int 4). I guess I answered my own question, since if I am able to learn it's type, I would immediately know that it is an Aberration, not Person.