PDA

View Full Version : Initiate of Amaunator and Initiate of Lathander

ATHATH
2016-04-06, 04:26 PM
The two titular feats grant you the ability to spontaneously cast [Fire] and [Light] spells (or spells that have "light" in their names, like Daylight) that are on your list spontaneously.

What are some of the most notable and unique/situational [Fire] and [Light] spells (even those that aren't divine, I'm curious)? Do these two Initiate feats let you spontaneously cast Summon Monster and the like?

Flickerdart
2016-04-06, 04:39 PM
(or spells that have "light" in their names, like Daylight)
Have fun casting unholy blight and overland flight. :smallbiggrin:

Troacctid
2016-04-06, 05:01 PM
Clerics have hardly any fire spells. Serpent Kingdoms has Lava Missile, which is a poor man's Magic Missile at 2nd level. You've got Darkfire at 3rd level, which isn't very impressive. You've got Flame Strike at 5th level, which is a bit overleveled but at least does okay damage. Wall of Magma is okay at 5th. There are some other mediocre 5th level spells: Blistering Radiance, Earth Reaver, Parboil, Meteoric Strike. There's also Dispel Cold, which is a situational one, also 5th level. Then it dries up--someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only fire spell above that is Fire Storm which is not worth an 8th level slot.

Psyren
2016-04-06, 05:05 PM
All the summon monster spells that summon elementals (i.e. 3+) can gain the Fire descriptor too. Those could be handy for a lot of fights.

ATHATH
2016-04-06, 10:39 PM
All the summon monster spells that summon elementals (i.e. 3+) can gain the Fire descriptor too. Those could be handy for a lot of fights.
Can I spontaneously cast them, though? Do they only gain the [Fire] Descriptor when I cast them?

Also, I found this: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?383602-Bending-God-s-Will-The-Customize-Domain-Handbook

As it turns out, it lists some decent [Light] and [Fire] spells (under the Sun and Fire domains, respectively).

Inevitability
2016-04-07, 03:10 AM
Clerics have hardly any fire spells. Serpent Kingdoms has Lava Missile, which is a poor man's Magic Missile at 2nd level.

Yeah, but it heals firenewts! That's gotta be worth a subpar damage type and extra spell level!

Psyren
2016-04-07, 08:24 AM
Can I spontaneously cast them, though? Do they only gain the [Fire] Descriptor when I cast them?

By my reading, you can spontaneously cast them as long as you're summoning something [Fire.] Basically, you apply the descriptor and the spontaneous ability simultaneously.