PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Druid combat strategy

samygrandao
2016-04-07, 01:35 AM
Hey guys.
I'm playing 3.5 (and RPG at all) after a 10 years hiatus.
My PC is a druid (now at level 6, close 7), and I have problems as the strategy of combat. I have read many handbooks on how to effectively use the druid, but I still miss some specific tips to maximize the power of my character.
I say that even knowing the power of the druid and how it is exalted in countless forums I read, and I do not feel that I have been able to do that.
It's not just to help my level. For higher levels also help a lot.
Any help is welcome.

Thanks in advance.

o/

PaucaTerrorem
2016-04-07, 01:44 AM
You'll get more and better responses if you can post your build and concept. Druid can do anything.

eggynack
2016-04-07, 02:00 AM
Druids are going to spend most of their combat time casting spells. Locking down the battlefield is an even higher priority than normal because of the companion’s ability to apply pressure. You're pretty low level, so those spells are going to be ones like kelpstrand, blinding spittle, entangle, and sleet storm. While you do that, you can hover over the battlefield in your preferred flying form, usually a desmodu hunting bat.

I would provide ways that strategy should change as you level, but it really doesn’t change much. You have one of the most potent spell lists in the game, and it's one strongly oriented towards winning battles. Use it, backed by your class features, and you should be fine. There's a ton of options, both long and short term, so implementing that plan can be tricky, but, well, that's why my handbook on the class is so ludicrously long.

HammeredWharf
2016-04-07, 02:24 AM
To expand on what Eggy wrote, you can try different tactics based on your party's composition. The great thing about most druid builds is that they are extremely flexible, even more so than other T1 casters. Take a look at what your party needs right now and adapt. Do they need CC? You can do that. Do they need melee? You can do that. Do they need both? You can do that. Change your animal companion and spell selection, and you become and entirely different character in combat.

Use Entangle, Sleet Storm, and Lesser Rod of Extend for your spells.