PDA

View Full Version : Name the weirdest character you ever created

Mikalo
2016-04-07, 10:10 AM
Well, I am a master at creating weird characters and giving them a cool theme, to me Look > Power.
My weirdest one was a female Tibbit savage technologist/Bard/Unarmed Swordsage with the adopted - almost human trait. Playing a neko loli is a thing, playing a punching neko loli is double cheese, playing a gunkata neko loli is pure epicness, and after killing your opponents you can play a cute song too.

Krazzman
2016-04-07, 10:39 AM
The weirdest I ever played were:

Halfling Barbarian Mounted Charger... he became deaf at the end of the one-shot due to copious amounts of Thunderstones.
I made some really weird casters due to not really getting the vancian system at the time as such I once played a Sorcerer3/Fighter1 who buffed himself with stone fist (broken ruling due to misprint made it an 3 hour buff of +6 to str) and was squiring around the forgettable Knight (10 Int, 7 wis, 12 cha). It was a weird weekend.
Then there were some "possible" builds I started which were quite weird too... for example a partial ooze character and so on.

But hte character that takes the cake (but doesn't get to eat it) was my first dnd character. Elven Rogue. With social awkwardness basically written over it. (Got the weirdness partly from being my first char, the dm not understanding my sarcasm and some overpowered Lathander/Pelor bullhonkey.)

Mikalo
2016-04-07, 10:57 AM
@Krazzman: The half ooze sounds a lot like Melona from Queen's Blade. You can't get more epic than that

Red Fel
2016-04-07, 11:05 AM
This was back in the days before I understood how to design a character who didn't suck. It was for an epic campaign, and I violated one of the first tenets of epic levels by designing a character who, due to the amount of LA involved, was not epic in terms of class levels, and therefore was underpowered. He was also playing a disappointingly weak class (Hexblade), further underpowering him.

He was a Half-Celestial Human with a Major Devil Bloodline. He had an Improved Familiar (Imp), and an intelligent Ioun Stone (LG-aligned) from his father (who had disowned him, because Devil Bloodline). He had a literal devil on one shoulder and angel (rock) on the other.

Other than that, it'd be my Good-aligned Worm That Walks who had forsworn his Engulf ability.

Mikalo
2016-04-07, 11:18 AM
@Red Fel: "Imp what are we going to do?"
"Kill kill kill!"
"Uhm I don't know about that. Stone what do you say?"
"..."

Inevitability
2016-04-07, 11:19 AM
An Awakened Dark Skitterhaunt Hairy Spider Warlock. Basically, a spider's exoskeleton filled with shadow-infused ooze that was then granted human sentience and eldritch powers by a lesser demon lord serving Lolth/Ghaunadaur (he was never quite clear on that).

His Hide check was in the mid-forties before magic items at ECL 8. Move Silently was somewhat lower, but still quite impressive. Also, he could fly, summon swarms of vermin, and break things by whispering to them.

Telonius
2016-04-07, 11:20 AM
A troop of ... well, "helpful" is a relative term ... NPCs I made for one particular encounter: a Warforged Wizard, a Dwarf Rogue, a Half-Orc Cleric, and a Gnome Samurai. Totally un-optimized and weird, but the look on the players' faces when I described them was just priceless.

Tiri
2016-04-07, 11:39 AM
A delusional Hexblade with multiple personalities, one of which used his Dark Companion as a body. He wasted about half his build just getting a permanent Ventriloquism spell up so the thing had its own voice. Or at least a weird voice he made while using the spell. It mostly insulted him and tried to make a lot of decisions for him, being pretty unhappy about having to stay within 120ft of him. The story behind it was that the Hexblade went to a wizard to try and get a voice that kept annoying him out of his head. Which, technically, was what happened. The Hexblade himself was a disowned member of a noble family who started his adventuring career with a rather haphazard and initially unintentional killing spree, which started as an attempt to rob a shop (he wasn't sure how to get money for himself at first), which caused the death of the mother of a future member of the adventuring party he would end up joining (which neither are aware of).

dascarletm
2016-04-07, 11:45 AM
Half-Celestial and Half-Fiend Fighter That dual Wielded 1-handed weapons that contained the souls of he two parents (one a celestial, one a fiend). By killing someone with a weapon it would either send them to the soul of the mother for redemption or to the father for damnation. Oh, and the weapons talked to me... However the weapons never pinged on any sort of magic detection...

PraxisVetli
2016-04-07, 11:56 AM
My Feral Poison Dusk Lizardfolk Swordsage/Barabarian/Telflammar Shadowlord/Black Blood Cultist with Giantsbane. His name was Sinew, and he was a blast. Jump on things, grapple, claw the crap out of them, then make them waste their Standard Action to get rid of me so I could do it again next round.
He was a lot more effective then you'd think, being a grappler.

Buufreak
2016-04-07, 12:36 PM
Once had an unnamed warforged who I based loosely off Andrew from bicentennial man (mad love for Robin Williams) who would refer to himself as one. No one knew any better, so they started to do the same. He also had a quirk of not understanding social situations, right or wrong, or good and evil. Most encounters went thusly... "One! Do something!" *adjusts bolts in arm to fit better* "Attack!" *slam attacks nearest creature, enemy of party or not* "We should spread around town and get information." *learns entire life story of a little boy and his cat*
Eventually the party learned to be more clear with input for him, but One was a blast.

Draconium
2016-04-07, 12:59 PM
While I haven't had the chance to make and play him yet, I've had an idea bouncing around of an orcish chef, who goes adventuring with the party to hunt down magical beasts for ingredients to his meals. (Sort of like Toriko, as I understand, though I've never seen it.) His dream would be to one day open a gourmet restaurant specializing in these magical meals, and proving that orcs are good as more than rampaging marauders.

Mechanically, he would probably be a Factotum with max ranks into Profession (Cook) and the related Craft skill, along with some appropriate Knowledge skills so he knows what beasts make for the best ingredients, Appraise so he could know how much his meals and ingredients are worth, and maybe Diplomacy so that he can open his restaurant easier. His class features would also all be refluffed as related to cooking - Cunning Insight/Strike/Breach is him knowing just where to cut so he won't ruin the meat, but still take down his prey faster, for instance.

Bobby Baratheon
2016-04-07, 03:53 PM
I smooth talked the DM into letting me use the Corrupted template without LA onto a dwarf, who was also Lolth-touched and Feral. I convinced the DM to let me swap out the claw attacks for slam attacks, and the dwarf ending up being a barbarian/Fist of the Forest/Deepwarden. His AC was well above 40 at level eight, and he didn't wear any armor whatsoever (and was shirtless), but had decent DR and Fast Healing. He was an insane, CE whackjob who literally just took blows with his chest muscles, shrugging off the most absurd damage through pure toughness. He also used his slam attacks to beat people to death. One of the most unkillable characters I've ever made, though his damage output wasn't too hot. His name was Knarf, in honor of Frank Reynolds from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Knarf literally lived like an animal, eating garbage and refuse (due to his insanely high Fortitude score) and fighting with (and eating) raccoons.

The inspiration for him was Frank's Trashman persona from the It's Always Sunny episode where they wrestle.

Campbellk8105
2016-04-07, 04:20 PM
Once had a somewhat slightly twisted halfling that was fascinated by anatomy. He was CN, and the rest of the party was some sort of G.

We had captured an enemy and needed answers from him, none of which we had means to get from him peacefully.

Garrett was always dissecting something, and happened to be infront of the guy we needed answers from. The party asks how we'll go about getting them from him and I say, "Ohhh me me me! I've never fileted a human before!" The look on the parties face was equal to that of the reaction to the prisoner. Because everyone was awestruck and speechless to what I said, the DM just had the prisoner start spouting off answers without even being asked. No roll necessary.

After that, the warlock said," Aaaand this is why you get to sleep on the other side of camp from now on." Should mention the ENTIRE party consisted of humans.

Another time he exclaimed, "Noo I must hurry! Before rigor mortis sets in!" He then cut the head and arm off a dead kobold, proceeded to insert hand into skull and use it as a puppet. Stuck the kobold skull puppet through a cracked doorway and told the other kobolds the coast was clear. Then inserted the arm giving a "thumbs up" motion to them.

Not that it was to actually bluff them, solely to mortify once again the party and DM.

Malimar
2016-04-07, 04:28 PM
Incubus (male succubus), cursed by a good god to not be able to touch anybody until the day he performs a selflessly Good act -- and he can't understand why none of the Good acts he's spamming is working (it's because he's doing Good selfishly to try to break the curse).

I once tried to play a lantern archon, but couldn't find a game for him that got off the ground.

Currently working on a warforged fleshwarper who seeks perfection through becoming an organic meatbag.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-04-07, 04:29 PM
One of my favorites amongst my quirkier characters was a changeling chameleon who never grew out of the "I'm you" game changeling children play. From one day to the next he be different people and I'd occasionally have him mirror one of the party just for funsies. I don't remember the exact build anymore but there were definitely incarnate levels so I could shift my skills around from day to day.

In fact, in that particular game the DM had a thing about not letting players share the info on their character sheets (maximum immersion or some such) so I used the opportunity to slip in and out as what the others thought were different NPC's for a couple sessions. One of 'em finally figured it out and I proceeded to join the party properly and began playing "I'm you" with them.

Lycanthrope13
2016-04-07, 04:32 PM
Ashworth Bramblefoot. CN Halfling Ranger/Rogue. Doesn't sound too weird at first, but he was crazy. I've long since lost his character sheet, but I believe he had a CHA of 5 or 6. I chose to RP that as a slimy, pervert. He was always making lewd comments, racial slurs, and he had HORRIBLE hygeine.

He had a grizzly bear companion named Tiny, who also served as a mount. In combat, he fought unmounted, using the halfling bonus to thrown weapons while Tiny engaged in melee. I took a couple levels of rogue to get sneak attack and some useful skills, and prepared nothing but cure spells to make him a third rate backup healer.

He became a character loved for his usefulness, and hated for his personality. One of my favorite moments was when he used Tiny to intimidate an NPC into giving up information while he calmly picked his fingernails with a dagger. The DM ruled that a half ton grizzly bear gives a +10 to intimidate.

Campbellk8105
2016-04-07, 04:35 PM
Ashworth Bramblefoot. CN Halfling Ranger/Rogue. Doesn't sound too weird at first, but he was crazy. I've long since lost his character sheet, but I believe he had a CHA of 5 or 6. I chose to RP that as a slimy, pervert. He was always making lewd comments, racial slurs, and he had HORRIBLE hygeine.

He had a grizzly bear companion named Tiny, who also served as a mount. In combat, he fought unmounted, using the halfling bonus to thrown weapons while Tiny engaged in melee. I took a couple levels of rogue to get sneak attack and some useful skills, and prepared nothing but cure spells to make him a third rate backup healer.

He became a character loved for his usefulness, and hated for his personality. One of my favorite moments was when he used Tiny to intimidate an NPC into giving up information while he calmly picked his fingernails with a dagger. The DM ruled that a half ton grizzly bear gives a +10 to intimidate.

Crazy Halflings, see, this guy gets it 😜

bahamut920
2016-04-07, 04:48 PM
I don't think I've ever played a particularly weird character, aside from some face-palmingly bad builds back when I was new to the game. The weirdest was probably the gestalt psychic warrior//totemist test-tube soldier I played in a more modern-themed kinda post-apocalypse game. He only had a designation, not an actual name, so the DM nicknamed him "Badger", in reference to some animal-themed superhero who also fought with claws or something. I dunno. :P

I've had a couple of odd character concepts, however, especially for the more free-form point-buy systems. In Big Eyes, Small Mouth, I had a character whose only method of attack was to blow himself up and then regenerate. Another was a robot made almost entirely out of boxing gloves on springs. I forget whether he could fly or if he moved by "hopping" on the gloves.

I've also always wanted to play a Lawful Good necromancer. Obviously, the whole "undead creation" thing would be off the table, but there's plenty of other options in necromancy to play around with. Another D&D-based character concept I want to play is a "charlatan" mage whose levels were all in either rogue or factotum, but used UMD and magic items to convince people he was a wizard.

Mikalo
2016-04-07, 04:48 PM
@Bobby Baratheon: Ok I'm impressed o_o my loli neko would never touch such a thing, it's for situations like these I gave her a gun hahahaha

Necromancy
2016-04-07, 04:51 PM
Lucretia Bogskipper/ CN female bullywug bard. She was notorious for trying to sleep with everyone and interspersing her frog themed serenades with croaking. She also talked with a overdone gypsy accent for no good reason.

The party never killed her.... But they wanted to

ATHATH
2016-04-07, 07:49 PM
I don't think I've ever played a particularly weird character, aside from some face-palmingly bad builds back when I was new to the game. The weirdest was probably the gestalt psychic warrior//totemist test-tube soldier I played in a more modern-themed kinda post-apocalypse game. He only had a designation, not an actual name, so the DM nicknamed him "Badger", in reference to some animal-themed superhero who also fought with claws or something. I dunno. :P

I've had a couple of odd character concepts, however, especially for the more free-form point-buy systems. In Big Eyes, Small Mouth, I had a character whose only method of attack was to blow himself up and then regenerate. Another was a robot made almost entirely out of boxing gloves on springs. I forget whether he could fly or if he moved by "hopping" on the gloves.

I've also always wanted to play a Lawful Good necromancer. Obviously, the whole "undead creation" thing would be off the table, but there's plenty of other options in necromancy to play around with. Another D&D-based character concept I want to play is a "charlatan" mage whose levels were all in either rogue or factotum, but used UMD and magic items to convince people he was a wizard.
If you ever get around to that last one, try the Charlatan PrC. It's specifically designed for characters that want to pretend to be spellcasters.

bahamut920
2016-04-07, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I know there's stuff specifically for that character archetype, like a rogue archetype in Pathfinder. TBH, I'm not likely to play that much more 3.5, which is where I'm assuming the PrC you're talking about comes from, due to PF hating multiclassing with a passion. One of my gaming groups has already moved away from it and into Pathfinder. The other is epic 3.5, our characters are pretty set, and the DM has been talking more about 4e and GURPS campaign ideas than anything related to 3e.

Another character concept (or PrC, really) that I'd like to play is the Fortune's Friend, from Complete Scoundrel.

DrMotives
2016-04-08, 12:50 AM
Not my character, but someone in my group was an awakened bonsai tree kineticist. At least in 3.x that's straightforward enough to build, but he first tried this character back in the 2e days, and had to give up & switch to GURPS to make it happen.

tadkins
2016-04-08, 06:05 AM
I have a weird character lined up that I'd like to play one day, but haven't yet.

Kobold Paladin, worshipping Bahamut, who believes he was descended from metallic dragons (whether that's true or not) and constantly strives to live up to their ideals.

Could be fun, interesting, and very challenging to play. Kobolds are known to be conniving tricksters, which I can't exactly do as a paladin. I dunno what sort of combat style he'd use, but I would want to play to strengths as much as possible (probably hard for a tiny pally).

weckar
2016-04-08, 06:54 AM
In a Pathfinder game that unfortunately didn't get very far I had a character named Theo, the Toad Knight: A Half-Giant Crusader who didn't know how to ride a horse, was raised by toads, had a Giant Toad animal companion, spoke 'Toad' and was sent out by an order of Knights (who 'saved' him from the wilderness) to retrieve valuable books from lost temples in the Wildlands.
He spent most his time dealing way too much damage and wondering why people assumed he could cast spells for them (he could, as he had a single level of Druid, but he never took off his armor for long enough for that ability to kick in - as that requires a full-day armorless).

GreyBlack
2016-04-08, 07:10 AM
Sir Bearington, the Bear.

Awakened Black Bear/Paladin/Bard, focused on buffing his allies and bluff out the wazoo. To the point that, whenever someone pointed out that I was a literal bear, everyone else just looked at him like I was crazy.

weckar
2016-04-08, 07:15 AM
YOU'RE the creator of Sir Bearington? I've heard that story before...

Jon_Dahl
2016-04-08, 07:24 AM
A human male CN 1st-level wizard, can't remember the name. He didn't survive that long. His mission was to have sex with a female of every sentient race. He managed to have zero before his untimely death.

weckar
2016-04-08, 07:25 AM
A human male CN 1st-level wizard, can't remember the name. He didn't survive that long. His mission was to have sex with a female of every sentient race. He managed to have zero before his untimely death.Probably for the best. I'm already uncomfortable with the idea of how a wizard would go about this mission...
Plus, not all sentient races have female members.

Inevitability
2016-04-08, 07:27 AM
YOU'RE the creator of Sir Bearington? I've heard that story before...

The original tale is about 'Lord Bearington', an awakened bear with levels in rogue (for disguise and bluff) and a butler with an item that let him understand the bear.

weckar
2016-04-08, 07:29 AM
Isn't a Lord to be addressed with Sir? Regardless, I always get my Original concepts confused.

Necromancy
2016-04-08, 07:31 AM
Great, now I'm imagining an overdone, dramatic, Kung fu movie style battle between a bear and a bonsai tree.

Jon_Dahl
2016-04-08, 07:48 AM
Probably for the best. I'm already uncomfortable with the idea of how a wizard would go about this mission...
Plus, not all sentient races have female members.

Those races would have of course been excluded from the mission.

Mikalo
2016-04-08, 08:35 AM
We should do a mega quest with all those characters hahaha

Quertus
2016-04-08, 09:19 AM
In fact, in that particular game the DM had a thing about not letting players share the info on their character sheets (maximum immersion or some such) so I used the opportunity to slip in and out as what the others thought were different NPC's for a couple sessions. One of 'em finally figured it out and I proceeded to join the party properly and began playing "I'm you" with them.

Ok, how did that work? Did... did the players honestly think you didn't have a proper character, and we're just running a series of the DM's NPCs... for several sessions?

Inevitability
2016-04-08, 10:05 AM
Those races would have of course been excluded from the mission.

Why? Polymorph spells exist. :smalltongue:

LoyalPaladin
2016-04-08, 10:11 AM
Most of my characters come out pretty serious, but I'm currently playing a Pathfinder witch who is taking her class to a whole new level (no pun intended). I'm talking a giant witch cap, a broomstick, a black cat familiar, etc. Not to mention she's certifiably insane with a strange obsession with cats.

DM: "The leader of the guild is in incredibly powerful and dangerous rakshasa!"
Me: "I refuse to leave the room until he allows me to scratch him behind the ears."
DM: "He's an incredibly powerful sorcerer..."
Me: "And I can cast Disjunction, your point?"

BearonVonMu
2016-04-08, 10:11 AM
A Chaotic Good awakened housecat Warblade.
She could not talk, didn't wear any gear she could not make permanently invisible, and disguised herself to look identical to the wizard's familiar.
Apparently, having a familiar claw at you for 1d3-1.... followed by 8d8 damage is a bit of a shock. It took three feats, but her damage dice all exploded as well.
But it was quite a different experience having my (at table) dialog reduced to
Maow
MAOW
Hiss!
Purr

weckar
2016-04-08, 10:17 AM

I'd be up for bringing Theo back :smalltongue:
But only if Toad can come too, of course.

Bobby Baratheon
2016-04-08, 10:21 AM

Knarf never actually died, so I'm sure he'd love to once he works his way through the KFC dumpster.

Jon_Dahl
2016-04-08, 10:25 AM
Why? Polymorph spells exist. :smalltongue:

My character would have felt extremely uncomfortable with any innuendo that he wasn't into women. At 1st-level he would've asserted his stout heterosexuality with a magic missile and... that's about it.

Malimar
2016-04-08, 10:26 AM
Oh, also I once played Dr. Blelyj (http://luduscarcerum.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-infamous-dr-blelyj.html), a Pathfinder witch who was convinced he was an Evil overlord but was actually Good. Everything he did was Good (often verging on Exalted) but justified on Evil grounds -- donating to the orphanage is "investing in potential future minions"; giving the townsfolk's lost gold back to them is "earning their loyalty with money that isn't even ours"; every potential foe was first offered a chance to surrender and join the Minionry as a peaceful solution ("We have dental!"); he hardly ever actually killed anybody himself, only debuffed so the rest of the party could more easily subdue the foes.

One of the most entertaining characters I've played. I got the idea from the Playground, but I can't remember who first suggested it.

Bobby Baratheon
2016-04-08, 10:42 AM
Oh, also I once played Dr. Blelyj (http://luduscarcerum.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-infamous-dr-blelyj.html), a Pathfinder witch who was convinced he was an Evil overlord but was actually Good. Everything he did was Good (often verging on Exalted) but justified on Evil grounds -- donating to the orphanage is "investing in potential future minions"; giving the townsfolk's lost gold back to them is "earning their loyalty with money that isn't even ours"; every potential foe was first offered a chance to surrender and join the Minionry as a peaceful solution ("We have dental!"); he hardly ever actually killed anybody himself, only debuffed so the rest of the party could more easily subdue the foes.

One of the most entertaining characters I've played. I got the idea from the Playground, but I can't remember who first suggested it.

Sounds almost like a Grue-esque character. . . just give him three orphan cohorts :smallbiggrin:

Mikalo
2016-04-08, 10:42 AM
@BearonVonMu @LoyalPaladin: yay for cats! Also this picture is relevant to my character
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/13/dc/6c/13dc6c8c860a5f5cf6b18d606acb311f.jpg

@Jon_ Dahl: I know a couple of books for your wizard (Nymphology: Blue magic and the Book of Erotic fantasy) but don't ask me why I know them >_>

KillingAScarab
2016-04-08, 11:10 AM
Sir Bearington, the Bear.

Awakened Black Bear/Paladin/Bard, focused on buffing his allies and bluff out the wazoo. To the point that, whenever someone pointed out that I was a literal bear, everyone else just looked at him like I was crazy.♫ You wear a disguise to look like human guys ♫
♫ But you're not a man you're a.... bear (http://animaniacs.wikia.com/wiki/Chicken_Boo) ♫

It worked better in my head.

None of my characters have ever been particularly bizarre in concept, though I did make a soulborn who kept talking to his soulspark familiar. Like, a lot. I have since decided I'm not allowed to play characters with familiars or the like.

Mikalo
2016-04-08, 12:10 PM
@KillingAScarab: There is always time to create a silly character. You can't say you have really played a d20 game without creating one

Falcon X
2016-04-08, 01:09 PM
The weirdest character I've ever PLAYED was a Kobold with doppleganger blood who had a weird homebrew Chameleon (http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Chameleon_(3.5e_Class)) class that was way OP. It was the embodiment of Chaotic Evil, raping and pillaging the city while being almost undetectable and undefeatable by level 7 or so.
Highlight was when I slipped a ring of cocaine on a little girl's finger, then brought her to the whorehouse (run by another player's father, an incubus) and tried to use her as a bribe for entry. Yep, that's how that game went....

Weirdest character I CREATED was a test in OP, allowing myself to use the third party sourcebook Bastards and Bloodlines and Dragon Magazine. Let me see if I can remember his rundown:
Mr. Happy
Half-Beholder (http://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/images/77b7e85dd9a5fd08859fb6a1e9a008accbcab74f56ed4fe71d 782268bd3b2e0f.jpeg) (7 Eyestalks)
Level Adjustment 7/Ur-Priest4/Spellwarp Sniper5/Rogue1/Mole3 (Mole being from Dragon Magazine)
Dude was a giant abomination with Lvl 8 divine spells, 7 eyestalks that he could add sneak attack damage to and other spellwarp stuff. His Mole class let him burrow underground as fast as you can run, even through rock, and see straight through said rock.
Before his divene spells came into play, he could burrow into your castle throneroom, pop his head out of the ground as a 5-foot step, deathray everything, then burrow back down.

Weirdest character I RIPPED off the internet (thanks Sillycomic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?184416-Cool-Character-Concepts)) and made my own (and played as) for 5e:
Princess Bubbles (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/99/2e/45/992e45853348366c59c506f7dffc14bc.jpg)
Bard 1/BladesingerX
So, Princess Bubbles isn't actually a Princess. She's just a noble girl who participates in beauty pageants and wants something cooler to say when they ask "what are your hobbies?" Thus she takes up adventuring...
Her bardic inspiration comes in the form of yelling advice at her teammates. "Hey, cut a skeleton DOWNWARD through the ribcage, not ACROSS it. Idiot."
While she is a human, she picked up bladesinging because "daddy works with a lot of elves."
Her favorite combat style is to move in a serpantine pattern, undulating her body, while attacking with a magical whip, snapping it with the rhythm of her bladesong (opera is common).
Oh, and her familiar is a little chihuahua she carries with her named Prince Gavin (after her favorite bard, who is someone elses PC in another game we played).

Lycanthrope13
2016-04-08, 02:21 PM
I just remembered another short lived character who I had some fun with. I wanted to play a paladin, but my stat rolls were horrible. I almost scrapped it and started over, but my friend had an interesting suggestion.

I ended up with Sir ____ of ____ (can't remember the name), LG fighter who honestly belived he was a paladin. His STR and CHA were through the roof, but his DEX, INT, and WIS were horrible. I ended up with a clumsy, barely literate pretty boy who was horriby naive. His father was a minor nobleman who sent him on a wild goose chase so the half witted goody two shoes didn't wreck his nefarious plans.

He was obsessed with honor and chivalry, and his use of paladin abilities consisted of shouting "Divine Smite!" and "Holy Avenger!" while swinging a greatsword. Anytime he failed to cast a spell (every time he tried), he either said it wasn't his god's will, or that his faith wasn't strong enough.

Sadly, he heroicly sacrificed himself before too many shenanigans could be had.

Gallowglass
2016-04-08, 02:48 PM
let's see. I played a game with two players. A NE cleric and a thief/mage. They found a cave where an evil wizard, who used to be a toymaker who made toys for noble children, had holed up with dozens of toy constructs as guards. We liberated them and freed them, then convinced them that we were children and they needed to protect us.

One of the toys was an 8-foot tall teddy bear. We slapped armor on it, gave it an axe and turned it into our meatstick henchman. A relentless, unstoppable killing machine that would do anything to protect us. Sir Bobo.

Later on, I took one of the other 8-foot tall teddy bears and made it a monk and turned it into my next character. Rasputin the mad-monk teddy bear. Spin-kicking enemies after "hardening his fluff". He was mad because he didn't have a child to protect so his mind snapped. He later switched over to wizard (after securing ways to cast somatic and verbal components) and started making other constructs like himself, trying to create his own people, his own children. This was 2nd edition where dual-classing/multiclassing was par-the-course.

In a pathfinder world where something was causing certain spells to become intelligent and free-willed (for example, a living fireball was employed as a night guard in a bank. 15d6 of rolling fire damage stalking the deep underground halls of the bank at night incinerating thieves. Also an intelligent rope trick turned into the worlds foremost assassin.) I played a sentient mad monkey swarm. Basically a dozen monkeys constantly swarming over people and stealing their stuff. Took class levels in alchemist and played them as a mad scientist type. Later on, I took a homebrew discovery that let my swarm merge into one great ape form when mutagenned up. Monkey smash.

dascarletm
2016-04-08, 02:53 PM
-Snip-
I ended up with Sir ____ of ____ (can't remember the name), LG fighter who honestly belived he was a paladin.
-Snip-

I did a similar character, he was a barbarian who thought his rage as him smiting evil. The gnome worshiped the goddess of beauty and had a knack for cooking.

Devigor
2016-04-08, 02:58 PM
Hoooo boy, my weirdest? Welp... I cannot reveal too much, kuz spoiling my books would be bad.

That being said, a deranged, psychotic, TRUE chaotic evil character... Partially dead god, partially goliath, partially living god...
Just one thing he has done, is hold a baby's severed head, and move its lips while talking in a "baby voice" to another character in the party.
They didn't like him much.

DrMotives
2016-04-08, 03:06 PM
My brother had a brainstorming session that resulted in 2 matched funny characters, Lord Valiant & his sister, Lady Violet. Lord Valiant thought himself a classic paladin cavalier, a real knight in shining armor. His family however was a noble house of manipulative scoundrels. The House Violet (Valiant's actual name, he's deep in denial) abused the peasants and freemen in their domain, waged a war of subterfuge against other houses & were the money behind organized crime that they publicly opposed. Valiant would come swooping into people's rescue, but after he left things were often somehow not any better for those he saved, but profitable for his House. His sister, Lady Violet, was much more honest with herself about who she was. She was ok using her brother for her own aims, but always trying (and failing) to get him to come around and admit the family isn't a bunch of do-gooders called the Valiants.

I think the character inspirations may have been Duddly Do-Right & Daria.

Andreaz
2016-04-08, 03:27 PM
I don't do weird much in my character building... at most it is some kind of off-beat thing, like taking a life threatening situation such as "we're inside a train that just got derailed, shook us up and we can see outside more than 20 archers ready to shoot the moment we pop our heads into sight." like it is tuesday.

That day my warrior yanked a bench off the wagon and used it as an improvised cover to rush into the archers.

bahamut920
2016-04-08, 03:42 PM
Another as-yet-unused concept, although this one is more NPC than PC; an illithid who wields weapons (most likely short swords) in all of his tentacles, as well as his two hands.

DrMotives
2016-04-08, 03:57 PM
Another as-yet-unused concept, although this one is more NPC than PC; an illithid who wields weapons (most likely short swords) in all of his tentacles, as well as his two hands.

So, the sushi chef from Monsters Inc?

bahamut920
2016-04-08, 04:10 PM
So, the sushi chef from Monsters Inc?
Basically. Just with psychic powers. And his favorite dish to cook is YOUR BRAIN!

Mikalo
2016-04-08, 04:53 PM
@FalconX: I love Princess Bubbles!

@Gallowglass: Poor Rasputin *-*

A_S
2016-04-08, 06:37 PM
The original tale is about 'Lord Bearington', an awakened bear with levels in rogue (for disguise and bluff) and a butler with an item that let him understand the bear.
This post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?88960-Funny-D-amp-D-Stories/page24&p=9788572#post9788572) is the earliest form of it I've seen, referring to a Mr. Bearington. It predates the more widely spread 4chan post (http://i.imgur.com/wkZhp.png) by about a year.

Thurbane
2016-04-08, 06:41 PM
Couple of NPCs from my last campaign:

*) Eber: Celestial Pixie Cleric 3 - messenger of the forces of good, and invisible healbot. Occasional ally of my group.

*) Montius: Brood Monkey Favoured Soul 4/Ruathar 3 - raised by Elves, fanatical worshipper of Corellon Larethian. Desperately wants to be an Elf. (He came about from a running gag where one of the players in my groups would always ask "Is there a monkey?" every time we visited an Elf village).

Quertus
2016-04-08, 06:48 PM
Hmmm... in 3.x, I honestly haven't made that many odd characters on purpose.

There was Khan Ravensblood, evil cleric who loved watching things suffer. He worked with and healed the party because they made things suffer. He used Lesser Vigor almost exclusively, because it prolonged their suffering (and was the most mana efficient form of healing). Khan liked to use temporary resurrection to bring back party members, just to watch them choose to suffer even after death.

Khan was slow (trait), slow (flaw) and unreactive (flaw), so he never walked anywhere. Instead, he rode on the back of his zombie dragon, onto which he had fastened an adamant cage before animating it. Only getting partial actions, said dragon would fall out of the sky whenever it used its breath weapon.

Vengeance Shadowhunter was never properly introduced to the party. When the party found him, I can't remember if he had been crucified, or if he was up on a cross pretending to have been crucified for the free food. Either way, because he was so ugly, he was wrapped head to toe in bandages. So the party just referred to him as the mummy.

VSH was most known for his signature (custom?) spell: a variant of magic missile... that required an attack roll... allowed a saving throw... only dealt 1 damage per missile... and was a level 2 spell. The only up side was that it deadly damage every round until the target succeeded on their save.

Oh, and VSH had a low wisdom, and flaws to reduce his perception. So he was the least attentive thing I could build in the system.

Xyzzy was one of my most tactically gifted 3e characters... pity the rules changed between 3e and 3.5. Despite being tactical, and the party's primary damage dealer, he had a normal human response to anything that was too freaky: namely, to freak out and run away. This confused the party and the DM the first time Xyzzy did it, turning what was supposed to be an easy fight into a tough challenge.

I started Xyzzy with a masterwork weapon, and enough money to enchant it to +1, because, fluff wise, he had just finished the last job he needed to finally enchant the weapon he took from the monster what attacked his village. Backstory wise, Xyzzy developed his abiding love of traps when he killed said monster by dropping a rock on it.

Once... something like the following happened. Some bad guy (dragon hunter?) was attacking a half dragon child. Xyzzy's kobald team mate challenged said guy to a duel. Xyzzy must have come in from another direction, or somehow not obviously been with the kobald. He rushed up, 2-handed power attacked... and took out the little girl. He then picked her up (queue me pausing / pointing out that this action provokes an AoO), and ran off with her. He jumped in a wagon (may have stolen it), tossed the girl down at his feet, and drove off, kicking the girl as he drove. When the party met back up, he stopped dealing the girl subdual damage, so that the party could question her about what had happened.

But, probably the oddest thing about Xyzzy was what happened when he left his home world. Through no fault of his own, he wound up wandering the planes with his party, trying to find their way home. Wound up meeting a death good, which Xyzzy felt some kinship with. Then wound up getting into a fight with some other visitors before leaving his palace... a fight in which Xyzzy died. GM ruled that, given the death god's favor, Xyzzy could return as a random undead. Due to an unfortunately high roll, Xyzzy came back as a lich. Not wanting his body to degrade, Xyzzy did what he did best: he drank. A lot. Until he pickled his body, so it would not decompose. Ok, so, he may have asked around town for herbs to add to his drink to make this work, May have spent enough on herbs and alcohol to have afforded a gentle repose effect at sculpt self prices.

But Xyzzy was ever afterwards referred to as The Pickled Lich.

A_S
2016-04-08, 07:07 PM
But Xyzzy was ever afterwards referred to as The Pickled Lich.
I hope he ran a tavern of the same name in his retirement.

Quertus
2016-04-08, 08:01 PM
I hope he ran a tavern of the same name in his retirement.

Hahaha! Well, he's not really retired yet in my head, but that's a great idea. :D

Xuldarinar
2016-04-08, 08:28 PM
A warforged warlock who sounds happy.. all the time. He takes pride in the fact he doesn't have any (apparent) requirement for sleep, relative to the biological need of mortals and the rest requirements wrought by most forms of magic, growing increasingly annoying when their party is trying to rest.

"HI GUYS! I DON'T NEED TO SLEEP!"

Hazrond
2016-04-08, 09:19 PM
I think the weirdest character i had made was actually the result of Pathfinder's Background Generator, lemme see, i think i have the stuff written down somewhere...

Parents Roll: 85 Only mother is alive
Mother Profession: Artisan
Siblings Roll: 78 (1 and 1) 2 siblings
Sibling Age Roll: 98 and 95 One twin sister (younger) and one younger sibling
Homeland Roll: 98 Unusual Homeland
Unusual Homeland Roll: 89 Sea
Circumstance of Birth Roll: 71 Adopted Outside Your Race
Adopted Outside Your Race Roll: 3 Adopted by Dragons
Dragon Parent Type: Bronze
Bronze Dragon Parent Name: (I apparently lost this part)
Major Childhood Event Roll: 71 Major Disaster
Influential Associate Roll: 5 The Hunter (the Bronze Dragon)
Conflict Roll: 20 Mass Murder
Conflict Subject Roll: 20 Non-Humanoid Monster (green dragons for thematics)
Conflict Motivation Roll: 5 Protecting Family (Bronze Dragon and Sister)
Resolution: No Guilt
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Diety and Religious Philosophy: Apsu/Daikitsu
Drawback: 53 Racist against any non-dragons/non-kitsune
Class Backstory: 87 Spell's Edge

If i remember right, his backstory is that he was born in an island village and when the Volcano exploded he got seperated from the survivors (who took boats off the island), however he managed to grab his sister and drag her to a high point on the island that luckily didnt get covered by lava. After sitting on the ridge for several hours a Bronze dragon inspected the ruined village and found the two children (she had a vision of the eruption but was too far to reach it in time). She adopted the two and brought them under her wing at her seaside home, each proved to have an amount of dragon blood and when they were training the sister was drawn to sorcery while Jin instead trained and blended magic and combat into a type of savage fighting style consisting of spells, claws, and rage that took advantage of his dragon blood's volitility. Eventually his home was attacked by a Green Dragon mother and her wyrmlings, while the two large dragons fought outside the wyrmlings tried to desperately fight their way into the house and get at the two children, who responded in kind with cantrips, claws, and evocation magic. Eventually one day Jin grew old and strong enough to fend for himself and his surrogate mother let him depart to find his own way in life while his sister stayed behind.

Yes, this PC and his sister commited Mass Murder of Green Wyrmlings. This was one hell of a backstory to organize considering how crazy the generator made it.

Mikalo
2016-04-08, 09:35 PM
@Hazrond: It sounds like a good story to me. I love when brother and sister fight together

@Xuldarinar: Why I am imagining him saying "HEYOOO"

Mister Loorg
2016-04-08, 10:08 PM
I made a brawler for Pathfinder Society whose name was Konkey Dong. He was human that was raised by monkeys in the jungle and started adventuring to find the goblins that stole his banana horde. He wore no clothing or armor besides a tie and used no weapons besides his fists and a cestus. I even made a picture of him.

http://i.imgur.com/qwb4gRI.png

Alas I never got to play him because my friends didn't want to have a character whose last name was "Dong" in the party.

Mikalo
2016-04-08, 10:25 PM
@MisterLoorg: Party poopers!

Kelb_Panthera
2016-04-09, 01:32 AM
Ok, how did that work? Did... did the players honestly think you didn't have a proper character, and we're just running a series of the DM's NPCs... for several sessions?

I may or may not have been completely honest with them. :smallwink:

I told them I was having a hard time deciding what to play (should've been obvious that this wasn't true. I've always got two or three ideas just waiting for a run) and so the DM was letting me run some NPC's in the meantime so I could stay in the game while I figured it out.

They figured it out on the third session when the "coincidental" similarities in their gear (stupid soulmelds) got to be too much for one of the players to just write off as lazy NPC building. I confessed readily enough when I was confronted. You lose the game when you're suspected as a kid so it didn't make sense for the character to try to keep up the pretense when he was 'caught.'

FocusWolf413
2016-04-09, 03:35 AM
This is one I build, but have yet to play. I'm waiting for my current character to die to play this.

You look in the sky, and see a majestic eagle. It gives a hearty caw, and you shed a single tear. You forget, as it's just a bird.

Later, combat starts. You're fighting bitterly, but the enemy hits you with a vicious critical hit. You drop to the ground, bleeding heavily, vision fading...

CAAAAWWWWW
CAAAAAAAAWW
WWWWEEEEEOOOOOO
WWEEEEEOOOOOO
WWWEEEEOOOO

An eagle, shining, radiant, resplendent, plummets out of the sky and you feel a splash of something on your face. It stings your eyes and you smell... alcohol? Did that eagle splash you with alcohol?

You rub the fine liquor out of your burning eyes, vision no longer fuzzy, just in time to see your enemy skewered on the end of a really long toothpick.

The stunning, magnificent, dazzling eagle finishes it's charge and starts a wide turn, and for the first time, you see the rider.

Is that a teddy bear?

Your very peculiar savior wheels around, guiding his eagle so it glides to a stop next to you, and hops off.

You can see better now that your eyes are no longer burning. That's no teddy bear. That's really nice armor that was covered with really ****ty padding to make it look like a teddy bear. Through the visor, you see... scales? What the hell is going on?

The strange little man takes off his helmet, revealing a tiny little kobold. He stares you in the eyes with a cold, unwavering, yet reassuring stare, and says "I'm going to need you to lie still while I put your neck brace on."

Eagle riding Kobold Ambulancer. I love every part of it.

Mikalo
2016-04-09, 03:53 AM
@FocusWolf413: I love that he is a teddy bear. A strong tiny scaly teddy bear who need no man

Azoth
2016-04-09, 08:09 AM
One of my more recent weird characters had to have been in a Pathfinder game. He was a LN Tiefling Harbinger and member of the order of the Black Thorn Knights. For those not in the know, this order sells their souls to Hell to gain more power via access to a pretty restricted martial discipline.

This character had max ranks in Craft (toys), and would routinely spend his time making the equivalent of chibi stuffed toys of common fears. He would give them to children to show them that scary things, aren't always scary. He would spend down time in towns playing with children and trying to find them good homes/apprenticeships if they were orphans.

He was also deathly afraid of the dark and of being alone, so he would always follow party members around and sleep with an ioun torch. He even had a security blanket.

Because he was afraid of losing his friends, he refused to use Black Seraph maneuvers or intimidation around them. So the party mostly thought they had a gangly, socially awkward, coward of a nice guy traveling with them.

Then came a faithful encounter with a bunch of trumped up Paladins going whole sale slaughter on some kids because their races were "Always Evil" in the bestiary. Before the rest of the party can act, he unloads a lot of profane damage into the group and manages to make them all panicked as a result. The party is shocked by this, and he doesn't stop until all of the paladins are dead.

He turns to the kids and party and calmly says, "Good men don't hurt children...ever! Those were bad men, and so I punished them. My friends would never be bad men right?" While handing toys and sweets to the surviving children to try and make them cheer up.

Mikalo
2016-04-09, 09:02 AM
Poor guy T_T

Xuldarinar
2016-04-09, 09:40 AM
-Snip-

I have to admit that I rather like that character. Also, that smite happy paladins drive me nuts. They can get to be almost as bad as my Paladins of Folca concept.

A group of paladins starts gathering up children they believe to be orphans and rescuing children from abusive families, taking them to what they believe to be a sort of orphanage.

You can figure out the rest.

FocusWolf413
2016-04-09, 12:29 PM
@FocusWolf413: I love that he is a teddy bear. A strong tiny scaly teddy bear who need no man

It's really a wonderful touch.

Arutema
2016-04-09, 02:55 PM
Constrained as I usually am by Pathfinder Society rules, I don't tend to get too out there.

I did have a paladin who worshiped the NG halfling god of trickery and mischief, wielded a dogslicer (a goblin weapon) her adopted father had taken as a trophy. Mechanically, I dumped str, wore light armor, and took the feat chains to get dex as my damage stat. It didn't really work out to an effective combatant sadly, so I've since shelved the character.

I'm also working on a core only gnome paladin who will be making mighty charges astride her noble dire badger mount once she finishes the spirited charge feat chain.

Inevitability
2016-04-09, 03:12 PM
I have to admit that I rather like that character. Also, that smite happy paladins drive me nuts. They can get to be almost as bad as my Paladins of Folca concept.

A group of paladins starts gathering up children they believe to be orphans and rescuing children from abusive families, taking them to what they believe to be a sort of orphanage.

You can figure out the rest.

First I didn't get it. Then I looked up Folca. Now I get it. You're an evil person.

Mikalo
2016-04-09, 03:16 PM
Constrained

What an awful word for this context, it makes me cry T_T *cries*
I bet you have some cool concept you really seek to play and you can't! Just let your imagination fly for a second, who cares of rules and stuff if you can't have fun?
You know what do I do if the master or my fellow players are being a bunch of annoying party poopers? I SMASH EVERYTHING AND I FLIP THE TABLE.
That's why I am the master most of the time hahahahaha my friends learned to know me though hahahaha

Elxir_Breauer
2016-04-09, 03:20 PM
I'm currently rather fond of my LG Goblin Warder/Rogue (Iron Tortoise and Silver Crane, he took up with the martial order for that, gave up the primal discipline). Looks like a Hoplite, but short and green, and sprouts wings of pure white in order to fly. He's also pretty much the group healer and Trapmonkey.

Xuldarinar
2016-04-09, 03:59 PM
First I didn't get it. Then I looked up Folca. Now I get it. You're an evil person.

I know.

I thought of it initially because I was contemplating what patrons a paladin could serve without realizing it (by ignorance about the true nature of the patron, or helping people who follow them) and which possible patron would have the paladin make the greatest expression of horror upon realizing who they served. I figure it could make for an interesting thing to throw at a party in a horror setting, if they can handle it.

togapika
2016-04-09, 07:57 PM
Klaus.

Built using warforged warlock information and stats, but the character was a guy who claimed that he was a gnome who had been sealed in a power suit of his own design. He would claim it was created for his aging father to be able to travel the world, but the local military tried to steal it and he put it on to stop them and got sealed inside. I would buy only powers appropriate for a power suit (flight, flamethrower, ice blast, etc.)

The interesting twist to the character is that I would leave it up to the GM as to whether he was just a crazy warforged or was actually who he said he was.

The Glyphstone
2016-04-09, 08:08 PM
Weirdest character I've ever made? That would have to be Skin. It was a homebrew race for a Planescape campaign, essentially a creature from the Far Realms that got trapped in the 'regular' planes. Physically, it looked like one of those Bodyworks sculptures, so it took the name Skin. Mechanically, it wasn't anything particularly weird, just a Harbinger (PoW Expanded) with some mild reflavoring, but RPing it was great fun because of its speech patterns. It had a very difficult time understanding the concept of plural nouns, not to mention gender, so it never used a pronoun to refer to anything or anyone, only proper nouns, and collective-singular terms. Resulted on one of the other player saying I had made a PC who spoke Uncommon as their native language.

unseenmage
2016-04-09, 08:13 PM
My first character was a Sorcerer golem crafter. (I was young and didn't know what I was doing!)
He eventually went full golem via repeated applications if the half golem template.

On the forums theres Ajar the albino Grippli Bard who rides an albino pteranodon.

Theres Fettle the porcelain enameled warforged scout were-winged-warforged psionic artificer.

In a game where we used the randomized Creatures by ECL lists in my sig I played a Kamadan (Du136pg60) (cat thing with tentacles IIRC) summoner.

Add to that a host of constructs, incarnate constructs, and half constructs.

Heck, i once played an awaked bear druid whose adventuring days ended when he died and was brought back to life by an epic vampire cleric who lived on the elemental plane of blood.
It kind of broke him when he rushed outside to havd his fur immediately matted wet by the neverending torrential rain of blood.

Ive also played an anthropomorphic whale alongside my friends anthro 2-headed elephant. They were co-cheiftains of a goblin tribe/nation.

Monstrous characters to me are the most normal thing.

Arutema
2016-04-09, 11:31 PM
I'm also working on a core only gnome paladin who will be making mighty charges astride her noble dire badger mount once she finishes the spirited charge feat chain.

I almost forgot her sister-in-law. Wears black robes and skull motifs, too much eyeshadow. Mad, cackling laugh. Staff made out of bone.

Actual specialization skill: illusion.

Thurbane
2016-04-10, 12:37 AM
NPC/MGEB I'm currently working on - Iagoaxach: Half-Farspawn Dire Ape Cleric (of Demogorgon) 5. CR 10.

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hec22w.jpg

DrMotives
2016-04-10, 12:42 AM
D'aww, it's Cryonax Jr!

Bucky
2016-04-10, 01:03 AM
I did a similar character, he was a barbarian who thought his rage as him smiting evil.

My most recent character was a CN Cleric who spent an entire campaign convinced she was a Paladin and doing a reasonable job of impersonating one. She prepared a lot of Detect Evils and went so far as to use scrolls as a focus for casting spells a Paladin shouldn't have yet.

TheBrassDuke
2016-04-10, 06:15 AM
I have two characters of note, one of which was an NPC of mine, the other was my friend's PC...

There was a third, but his character was borderline cliché (An elf ranger, "Enialis", who assaulted every female character thrown into their vicinity; somehow there was always a "dumpster out back" for him to use...), but I'll not delve into his story.

No, I'm going to focus on By the Book vs. Oberon Thunderheart.

So my player created a Druid Stormlord (the PrC) named Oberon, the Scourge of Stormreach (dubbed as such by my NPC); he carried javelins and spears, terrorized the people of Stormreach (in Eberron, for those unaware) by conjuring tornadoes and whatnot.

Oberon was...nuts. He took one of their ally's babies--the Stormlord (title, not PrC) Omaren's child, fathered by the elf Enialis--and put the poor thing in a small cage suspended by a chain above the town square gallows...to lure out a pack of vampires hot on their trail.

That was just one adventure.

Another, the party is being hunted down by the normally lazy Stormreach Guard; but on this particular day, a particular guard "By the Book" joins the search, and I've built her up as a battle cleric. Lastella Marshall. She literally carries every law book I can think of, and cited people for the smallest infractions. She was pretty bad, but perfect for Oberon's nemesis.

After confronting Oberon for his crime against the city (this time being the massive twister he dragged through three districts alone), she engaged in battle. Oberon, Enialis and the party sorcerer, Victor, lost. She was too concerned with Oberon facing justice the others escaped.

Cue to the next day.

Oberon is at the gallows, surrounded by the people of Stormreach. The other PCs are in the crowd, and have planned to rescue their psycho friend with the help of a Zarus/Dveus Liadon-esque gnome called Boddyknock...

So By the Book is reading off a ridiculously long scroll (it drops off the platform and rolls out well beyond the crowds), ranging from the strangest crimes (think Jack Sparrow), to his most heinous. All the while, Oberon is drooling and laughing.

At the last minute, BtB asks if he has any last words. I'll never forget the stupidest joke I've ever heard:

"Why yes, Captain! What's black and white and red all over?"

"...........what."

"A nun, with a spear in her head!!!"

She orders the execution immediately. Cue the rescue. He hurls a spear at her head the moment he's released.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this, I just thought I'd share. I had a weird, weird set of players. The terror they brought to Eberron...

There are scars, scars I bring over into every new campaign just as backstory. And my new players are always just like "he did what? We're your friends from institutions..?"

Yeah...

Edit: By the Book was later raised by the vampires and continued her hunt. Oh, and another of Enialis' "wives" saved that baby before the vampires could get to it...Omaren, sadly, couldn't, as Oberon deposed her. And her head, too. He became [i]the Stormlord of Stormreach after a purging of the Pirate Lords...

Oberon finally met his end at the hands (rather, the maw) of a massive Force Dragon. His pieces are slowly crawling back together from the farthest corners of Xen'drik...will he be reborn? (No idea why)

Hida Reju
2016-04-10, 07:18 AM
Dragontouched Human Multicass Bard/Warblade using Song of the White Raven that started an Anti dictator Metal band. Then sparked a Communist worker rebellion by using Diplomacy, Words of Creation + Dragonfire Inspiration on an army of peasants. Then he had to run for his life as both the government and the "Leadership" of the revolution(they were going to martyr him for the cause) wanted him dead.

KillingAScarab
2016-04-10, 10:11 AM
Others have shared built-not-played characters, so why not? One particularly odd character I haven't played yet was an aquatic elf fighter which would take levels in the lythari variant of the werewolf template class. I believe it would be more viable with the gills trait (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/elf.htm#aquaticElf) listed on the aquatic elf monster manual entry, but the alternate form offered by the werewolf template class would allow the character to adventure on land.

Why would I create a character which would be forced to be a wolf most of the time? Because it would be emulating Link inside the Twilight (http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Wolf_Link).