PDA

View Full Version : How do we retrieve saved messages?

Acanous
2016-04-07, 06:23 PM
hey guys, I spent a good 30 mins. putting a thread together, and suddenly my cousin tripped the power.

I know it says "Auto saved" from time to time when writing, how do I get the saved work back?

2016-04-07, 06:40 PM
Sometimes, when your computer dies for whatever reason while you're on the internet, the browser will give you an option to re-open the tabs you had open, whether by directly offering said option or by allowing you to use Ctrl+Shift+T to reopen tabs you had open. My vague recollection from having long posts get cut off by power issues is that said reopened tabs will have a reply post waiting for content, but will not have any of your previous content; the way around this (at least, the way that I've found) is to click the "Preview Post" button every five minutes or so of typing up a long post, which saves whatever I've already typed up as part of that tab.

Sometimes though, if I don't remember to do that, or I don't get lucky and my browser somehow retained my intended post anyway, I end up just having to type up the whole thing again. It sucks, but it happens.

Acanous
2016-04-07, 06:43 PM
damn. I thought that autosave actually did something :/

2016-04-07, 06:53 PM
damn. I thought that autosave actually did something :/

My general experience is that it's helpful if you accidentally close a tab, but if your computer shuts down unexpectedly it's less helpful. Again, not a tech expert, that's just the experience I've had when my laptop's power issues rear their ugly head.

Madcrafter
2016-04-07, 07:16 PM
If you open the response window again (press reply), you should find a little button on the bottom left that says "Restore Auto-saved content".