PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Runelords, Part 1: Burnt Offerings (IC-Interactive)

meemaas
2016-04-07, 07:26 PM
So, here is where the RP magic lives. Now, obviously anything which is time-sensitive or needs to be discussed IC lives there because it is absolutely intrinsic to the forward motion of the plot itself. Here is where the characters (not the players) chat to each other about ... whatever. Side comments in the middle of things still are IC. NPCs are also people that might chat to one, many, or all of you; but the last is likely only when doing general discussion, not setting up the plot.

Yup, it's really that simple.
Of course, since specific persons are talking to another (in a one-on-one), narration isn't even necessary and you can just "talk in character" with the proper color.

To start it off.

"My fighting stance and combat style are probably ones that are unique to me. I'm not a great magic user like my brother. It's very out of control, and that's why I'm able to do it the way I can."

PSinger
2016-04-10, 05:55 PM
"I doubt you just ripened off the tree as an accomplished martial artist with supernatural powers.

"For myself, I was raised in a Carmendine monastery. There, the precepts of wisdom and insight are no less important than in most arts, but our form focuses on actual study, geometry, mathematics, and things which are real and observable. The mind's ability to analyze and process it's world. With this, each day I can study the Carmendine Manual and run katas that will focus how I want my martial arts to be most helpful that day."

meemaas
2016-04-10, 06:11 PM
"I won't deny that. My parents, and later, my Brother, tried to teach me magic, an art I had a hard time picking up. Even now, my Magic is still incomplete. It took a long time for me to discover my knack for combat, and my unique fighting style is mostly a work of my own, however, I speak with my ancestors to help me learn and train in martial arts these days."

PSinger
2016-04-10, 06:32 PM
"Speak with your ancestors? Are you a necromancer, shaman, spiritualist, or medium of some sort?"

meemaas
2016-04-10, 06:48 PM
"A little of everything, if I had to get down to it. I won't deny I have an affinity for the dead, and its thanks to the spirits of my ancestors that I can use magic like my brother. They support my efforts with their knowledge from lives past."

PSinger
2016-04-11, 10:30 AM
"Really? See, I was originally trained as a monk, but I have allowed some of the more advanced skills I used to know atrophy - just a little. But my primary profession is that of wizardry. I have done some studies into the nature of time and chronomancy. It is my intention to use a secondary art I know - that of the Tel-Gakkar - in blending arcane time magic and combat together."

meemaas
2016-04-11, 08:36 PM
"The Tel-Gakkar? What exactly would that be?"

PSinger
2016-04-13, 06:50 PM
"It's a family martial arts lineage of which I inherited through my father."