PDA

View Full Version : I need help hunting my white whale

Nosta
2016-04-07, 11:10 PM
so in the game i'm in I ran in to a wyvern that had been boosted to a cr

It was half red dragon bloodied one titanic 2 more I forget and 13 levels in DFA

I Did only 1 damage cause I did not know that a fire ball would not work and that it had 20 res other energy types

the monster be called black wing and I plan to make a weapon from the beast

i'd like to know would you be a good way to take this beast down

Snowbluff
2016-04-07, 11:17 PM
I think most people would suggest casting shivering touch (from a scroll) on it, but I reckon you're looking for a specific options.

I like Dragon Bane Bow/Arrows. Those are good.

inuyasha
2016-04-07, 11:31 PM
Dragon attuned arrows of slaying are always an option, especially if your group has Tolkien fans.

Nosta
2016-04-07, 11:38 PM
I think most people would suggest casting shivering touch (from a scroll) on it, but I reckon you're looking for a specific options.

I like Dragon Bane Bow/Arrows. Those are good.

what exactly dose the spell do?
3d6 dex? but it says 1 round a level so 3d6 dex each round for so many rounds

Nosta
2016-04-07, 11:39 PM
Dragon attuned arrows of slaying are always an option, especially if your group has Tolkien fans.

can crossbow bolts be that
and were would I get them

A_S
2016-04-07, 11:40 PM
What kind of character are you playing?

Nosta
2016-04-08, 12:09 AM
What kind of character are you playing?

its gestalt rogue-swift blade sorcerer

Snowbluff
2016-04-08, 12:10 AM
its gestalt rogue-swift blade sorcerer

Ooh, nice choice.

inuyasha
2016-04-08, 12:10 AM
can crossbow bolts be that
and were would I get them

I'm not entirely certain if they could be crossbow bolts by RAW, but I think any sane DM would allow it. You can find them in the Core Rulebook (if you're playing Pathfinder), or the Dungeon Master's Guide (if you're playing 3.5) or even better, I can give you a link to them here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#slayingArrow)!

Nosta
2016-04-08, 12:13 AM
Ooh, nice choice.
my gm allows spell storing bolts dose the spell you mention work with spell storing?

inuyasha
2016-04-08, 12:17 AM
my gm allows spell storing bolts dose the spell you mention work with spell storing?

It's third level I believe, so if that's the case then yes it does.

Inevitability
2016-04-08, 07:44 AM
what exactly dose the spell do?
3d6 dex? but it says 1 round a level so 3d6 dex each round for so many rounds

I believe the intended (RAW itself is a bit shaky) ruling is that it deals 3d6 points of dexterity damage, which lasts for 1 round/caster level.

But it seems like you are fighting a monster that is focused on dealing fire damage, am I correct? A potion of Resist Energy (Fire) brewed by a sufficiently powerful caster can soak 30 points of fire damage per round, and it lasts for several hours.

Alternatively, you could try to UMD a scroll of Energy Immunity to make you completely immune to fire for an entire day.

ATHATH
2016-04-08, 09:41 AM
I believe the intended (RAW itself is a bit shaky) ruling is that it deals 3d6 points of dexterity damage, which lasts for 1 round/caster level.

But it seems like you are fighting a monster that is focused on dealing fire damage, am I correct? A potion of Resist Energy (Fire) brewed by a sufficiently powerful caster can soak 30 points of fire damage per round, and it lasts for several hours.

Alternatively, you could try to UMD a scroll of Energy Immunity to make you completely immune to fire for an entire day.
I thought that it meant that you had 1 round/CL to discharge the (touch) spell before it faded away.

Inevitability
2016-04-08, 10:04 AM
I thought that it meant that you had 1 round/CL to discharge the (touch) spell before it faded away.

That's what I referred to when I said 'shaky RAW'.