PDA

View Full Version : V location theories

Belkar's Left Foot
2007-06-21, 11:18 PM
Well here it is.

My theory is that good ole :vaarsuvius: will be waiting inside Hinjo's junk, wondering what took them so long, perhaps even having Roy's body in toe, thus setting off the MoJ. Either as revenge or unwittingly.
Thoughts?

SteveMB
2007-06-21, 11:24 PM
Well here it is.

My theory is that good ole :vaarsuvius: will be waiting inside Hinjo's junk, wondering what took them so long, perhaps even having Roy's body in toe, thus setting off the MoJ. Either as revenge or unwittingly.
Thoughts?

I like happyturtle's (IIRC) suggestion that (s)he headed for Roy's body, on the theory that the rest of the group is going to attempt to retrieve it, making it the one specific place (s)he knows they might meet up.

UncredibleHallq
2007-06-22, 12:46 AM
V has been out of the strip a remarkably long time. With this much time being spent on his/her abscence, I'd be surprised if they didn't have to struggle through a major subplot to meet back up.

Edited to remove malfunctioning signature

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-22, 12:49 AM
They could do another thing like they did with Durkon here: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0075.html

They could be sailing away, and suddenly, "Hey V, could you--" "GODS DAMMIT!!!!" and the last panel is V looking around helplessly for his/her party.

factotum
2007-06-22, 01:07 AM
Extremely unlikely, because Haley already knows V is missing--she mentions it in comic 467 ("our most powerful member is MIA").

Eogan
2007-06-22, 01:34 AM
I think V is with Roy, not just because it's one of the two best places to wait for the team (the other being Hinjo's junk), but because I think it's the most logical place for circumstances to have dictated.

Where would V hide when the hobs were charging? The safest place would be up against the wall off to one side of the breach. After they had passed, where is the safest place for V to go? Out through the breach now that all the hobs are in the city. Even if V was unaware of Roy's fall, or just where he fell, she would now see him lying in the middle of an open, featureless plane. Assuming the others would eventually come to retrieve him, and in order to protect him from the vultures, she would be standing guard over his body.

Also, V has another trick for being found by the others, if she thinks of it. She could have her raven fly a hundred feet directly above her head. It would signal her presence, and if anyone else came to investigate, she'd just stay hidden, but if OoTS came, she would identify herself. The only danger would be someone coming to investigate with dispel magic.

David Argall
2007-06-22, 01:53 AM
V leaving the city and heading towards the hobgoblins does sound reasonable. When you come down to it, why would V need to be invisible to retreat into the city? Surely better to stay visible until some emergency time since the spell is only good for about 13 minutes. But if the elf wants to leave the city towards the hobs, immediate invisibility is vital, and the spell would last long enough to get to the far side of the enemy forces, a location they are unlikely to look in.

Now whether V has a raven familiar still is not so clear. It clearly refused an order to attack the death knight, perhaps justifiably. But either or both may now consider the relationship terminated.

If V did go out, there would seem to be a problem. Roy is not close to the walls, but is close enough to make it impossible for V to hide there. The elf needs to go the max distance of the spell to be safe, which will make it harder to rejoin the gang.

Ithekro
2007-06-22, 02:02 AM
Wherever V goes, there V are.

GSFB
2007-06-23, 12:37 AM
"our most powerful member is MIA"

BANJO IS MISSING?!?!?!

Basalock
2007-06-23, 12:54 AM
"our most powerful member is MIA"

BANJO IS MISSING?!?!?!

OH NO, WERE ALL DOOMED:smalltongue:

Mad Scientist
2007-06-23, 11:31 AM
I like happyturtle's (IIRC) suggestion that (s)he headed for Roy's body, on the theory that the rest of the group is going to attempt to retrieve it, making it the one specific place (s)he knows they might meet up.

That was my thought too. Or that V will manage to retrieve Roy's body just because it would be hilarious for Belkar to not be able to track them down.

happyturtle
2007-06-23, 11:52 AM
V of the bottlecap rescue (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0245.html) is unlikely to be taking Roy's heavy corpse (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0038.html) anywhere, especially when she doesn't know where to take it.

TheNovak
2007-06-23, 11:52 AM
V's out of spells, and couldn't make Roy's body invisible. Plus, I doubt V has the strength to carry him anyway (a Tenser's Floating Disk might be able to, but...out of spells).

I think V's in the lavatory. Even camels have to poop once in awhile.

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-23, 02:17 PM
Im just imagining that after about 5 panals of haley and belkar discussing where v is (s)he'll just say 'ive been right behind you for the last half hour. dam invisiblity'

teratorn
2007-06-23, 02:25 PM
V of the bottlecap rescue (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0245.html) is unlikely to be taking Roy's heavy corpse (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0038.html) anywhere, especially when she doesn't know where to take it.

Hey, those were heavy bottlecaps. I think V has been keeping the vultures from eating the corpse. That or she went for a cup of tea.

NeonRonin
2007-06-24, 12:27 PM
Im just imagining that after about 5 panals of haley and belkar discussing where v is (s)he'll just say 'ive been right behind you for the last half hour. dam invisiblity'

I agree. V is probably right next to some member of the team at this VERY MOMENT. *insert evil laughter here*

Woof
2007-06-24, 12:41 PM
I agree. V is probably right next to some member of the team at this VERY MOMENT. *insert evil laughter here*

Yeah, and s/he'll appear just as Belkar thinks he can go pee real quick because no one's with him. :smalleek:

Miklus
2007-06-24, 02:50 PM
I think V is...

...looting the magic library for magic scrolls. Then maybe getting Roys corpse.

Wait a minute, is V even aware that Roy is dead? Did (s)he see the fall?

EDIT: Just checked. V heard Elan sing for Roy, so yes, (s)he is aware he is dead. But (s)he did NOT see the fall and don't know the exact location of the body.

Emperor Ing
2007-06-24, 03:01 PM
V is directly behind you, with a fireball scroll! :smalleek:

TheAlmightyOne
2007-06-27, 06:14 AM
V is directly behind you, with a fireball scroll! :smalleek:

Oh gods not again.

basilisk 89
2007-06-27, 08:15 AM
(s)hes in ur library, stealin ur spellz

Iskandar
2007-06-27, 03:43 PM
I'd say if V was either:

hanging around Roy's body, keeping the vultures off. s/he know that more or likely the OotS will come to collect Roy, thereby rescuing V.

or moved off down to the docks, hoping to find a ship, and is thereby hanigng out on Hinjo's junk (insert pun here), wondering where the rest of the OotS is.

Inhuman Bot
2007-06-27, 04:24 PM
V might be:
Dead
On Hinjo's junk (hehe)
in the library looting scrolls
by a member of the OOTS
behind you, Meditaing on a desinigrate spell
or..... Crap I forget

Angel in Black
2007-06-27, 04:30 PM
Personally, I think s/he took off- Invisibility only lasts for thirteen minutes at CL 13, so the odds of V sticking around for more than is truly necessary are a bit low. Anemically so.

Jorrath_Zek
2007-06-27, 04:33 PM
Belkar has Evasion, or an Improve Invisibility Wizard that took the blast by mistake.

LoRdofCookIES
2007-06-27, 04:43 PM
I think V is preparing explosive runes.......

(Hey, why not :smalltongue: )

mockingbyrd7
2007-06-27, 08:24 PM
I like the "stocking up on scrolls" theory, but I think most likely is the "trying to find the group" theory.

outlander
2007-06-27, 09:47 PM
Someone said V's been out of it for a while.

That's true, but not as long as roy's been out of it.

I hope they get roy back, OOTS without roy is, as I've said, like Farscape with Chrichton.

holywhippet
2007-06-27, 10:21 PM
I'd say if V was either:

hanging around Roy's body, keeping the vultures off. s/he know that more or likely the OotS will come to collect Roy, thereby rescuing V.

or moved off down to the docks, hoping to find a ship, and is thereby hanigng out on Hinjo's junk (insert pun here), wondering where the rest of the OotS is.

The problem with the first idea is visibility. V would be in plain sight if he/she was out near Roy's body. Admittedly the hobgoblins are in the city but it would still be risky.

With the second option, would V actually know a boat is still waiting? If not, heading for the docks would be a risky move as you could be left with no escape route - I doubt swimming is a an option for V.

Sloth of Doom
2007-06-27, 10:41 PM
Although I like the 'V accidentally took the fireball for Belkar' theory, how would (s)he get between the skull and the halfling holding it? So, without knowing how long it has been since V cast invisibility, we must assume that the spell duration either has expired or is getting close to doing so. Standing around Roy's corpse isn't going to do any good, since (s)he might be spotted, but going for Celine's amulet might be worthwhile. If V can smash it and summon a bit of outsider aid to resurrect Roy, all the better.

kirbsys
2007-06-27, 10:50 PM
V is preparing his knives and fertilizaer bombs to retake a futuristic, totalitarian London. Wait wrong comic.

Gallanoth
2007-06-27, 10:52 PM
I personally have two theories:

1-(already stated) V is looking for the rest of the party members before invisibility runs out

2-V is looking for a safe place to rest and prepare spells so that she can find the rest of the party on full health and with the aid of magic.:smallsmile:

djcowell
2007-06-27, 10:58 PM
V is currently in some quantum limbo state - both everywhere and nowhere at once. This is the perfect location from which to pop up to save the day. Or if not the day, then at least Haley. :smallbiggrin:

Dragon_Keeper
2007-06-27, 11:55 PM
V is right now at the tea party with :mitd:, where V discovers what the monster really is at the same time it finds out V's gender. Both are so shocked by their discovery, they agree to never speak of this event again.