PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Help me with a theoretical build

digiman619
2016-04-08, 01:40 AM
I'm thinking of making a Warlord/Swashbuckler. Any thoughts on the best way to build it?

Firebug
2016-04-08, 02:11 PM
Well, what do you mean by warlord? Someone good at war / leader of men? The regular swashbuckler had full BAB and has reason to take Charisma (panache) and has OK skill points per level.

Or do you mean more like 4e warlord?

digiman619
2016-04-08, 02:36 PM
DSP's initiator class Warlord, and Paizo's hybrid class Swashbuckler. I thought the Pathfinder tag was enough of a hint.
Wow, that came off angrier than I intended...

Firebug
2016-04-08, 02:41 PM
Oh I see, I'm only playing PFS atm so I didn't recognize the class.

Vhaidara
2016-04-08, 04:26 PM
Personally, I recommend dropping the Swashbuckler. It really doesn't add a lot, since all of the abilities it gives you are gated behind swift or immediate actions, and Warlord is bottlenecked HARD on those by Gambits, Boosts, and Counters already.

Weapon Finesse as your level 1 feat, spend your level 1 bonus feat on Deadly Agility, run a focus on Scarlet Throne and Mithral Current from Path of War: Expanded, and you should be in a good position.

digiman619
2016-04-08, 04:51 PM
Then is there a different initiator that runs off of Cha, or is there a swashbuckler archetype that's based on another stat?

Vhaidara
2016-04-08, 05:32 PM
Wait, is this Gestalt? If so, then quite frankly Fighter is probably more useful than Swashbuckler, since all swash gets you is bonus feats. PoW:E offers Zealot and Knight Disciple Paladin for Cha synergy, but neither of those are big duelist types. If your Int is passable, Harbinger isn't bad, or you could run Brutality Blade Soulknife and take Focused Offense if you wanted Cha to hit and damage instead of Dex. Alternatively, just straight up Soulknife or Aegis (with War Soul or Initiator's Soul respectively) is great for gestalt.

CGNefarious
2016-04-08, 05:37 PM
Have you looked at a Privateer or Desperado variation of the Warlord?

digiman619
2016-04-08, 06:40 PM
Have you looked at a Privateer or Desperado variation of the Warlord?

No; they're not on the pfsrd yet. And Keledrath, no it's not gestalt. Since initiators multiclass so well, I was thinking of taking 2-4 levels of swashbuckler and use disciplines with light blades as their weapon. If there a combination that this would do well with?

Vhaidara
2016-04-08, 07:05 PM
Just because they multiclass well doesn't mean you should always multiclass with them. Warlord 20 is significantly stronger than most builds of X2-4/Warlord 16.