PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Serpent Riders

Stuvius
2016-04-08, 06:23 AM
Hello Playground,

I am looking for a particular type of foe to attack the party in my current campaign. I am basing this foe on a series of miniatures I picked up. These minis depict a lizard or serpent like humanoid riding a large snake. Lizarrdfolk seem like a possibility but I was hoping for something a bit more serpent based. Any suggestions?

weckar
2016-04-08, 06:30 AM
There's a prestige class in Sandstorm for exactly this. The somethingsomething Dragoon...

RoyVG
2016-04-08, 07:08 AM
There's a prestige class in Sandstorm for exactly this. The somethingsomething Dragoon...

The Ashworm Dragoon is the one you're thinking about. It's a PrC that gives you a Large Ashworm (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050304a&page=6) to ride on. Once you have enough levels in the class, they can ride these Ashworms through sand for a short time and ambush opponents. Their Ashworm also has a poison stinger, which is usually clipped when you buy one. It has a Paladin-like progression where it gets extra HD and some other features as you level in this PrC.

DrMotives
2016-04-08, 10:14 AM
If you want more serpent than lizard folk, 3 things come to mind. Yuan-ti are basically the snakemen from Conan the Barbarian, I'd go there first. Also Ophidians are snake people, and lastly the Sarrukh which are detailed in the Serpent Kingdoms book. All these things are different versions of snake people, also that book has other snake monsters & a bunch of character options for reptiles.