PDA

View Full Version : Signatures and spoilers

2D8HP
2016-04-08, 02:29 PM
Oh man there are some really funny quotes I'd like to signature (rather than cut and pasting every time), and if they get to long I'll need to do it in "spoiler" form.
How do you do that?

2016-04-08, 07:07 PM
When typing up your signature, use [brackets like these] with the word "spoiler" typed within them, and then another set of brackets with "spoiler" typed again (with the latter set having a /slash/ precede the word "spoiler"; this will create a spoiler in which you can put your quotes. Alternatively, use the button on the post control panel that looks like a speech bubble with the word "spoiler" written, and it will do this for you.

...and see how I did it, then copy-paste it over into your signature. Easy peasy.

Douglas
2016-04-08, 08:12 PM
When typing up your signature, use [brackets like these] with the word "spoiler" typed within them, and then another set of brackets with "spoiler" typed again (with the latter set having a /slash/ precede the word "spoiler"
Rather than using lengthy descriptions like that, you can use the [noparse] tag. For example, this:
a spoiler

produces this:
a spoiler

which when not enclosed in noparse tags produces this:
a spoiler

Astral Avenger
2016-04-08, 08:28 PM
You can also just leave a link to a post in one of the long signature threads, and edit that post when you need/want to add/remove stuff from it.

Here is a link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?181993-Long-Signature-Thread) to the long signature thread (also linked in my sig, but that's to my specific post rather than the thread as a whole).

2016-04-08, 08:33 PM
Rather than using lengthy descriptions like that, you can use the [noparse] tag. For example, this:
a spoiler

produces this:
a spoiler

which when not enclosed in noparse tags produces this:
a spoiler

Huh, learn something new every day. I wasn't aware of noparse tags, thanks for the heads up.

2D8HP
2016-04-09, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone!