PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Build help, Cleric tank.

Deca4531
2016-04-08, 02:33 PM
A good friend of mine whom i often play with is known for having a specific character, complete with very detailed backstory, that he plays at most game. its a reflection of him in a way. while i love building new characters and trying new concepts i have never made one i was every very attached to. So after much thought i decided on what it was i wanted to build, a healer who could take the blows so his party wouldn't have to, who was motivated by his desire to better the world. Ill post my build notes that i have so far, and leave his back story till the end so you can skip it if you so choose. Im trying to keep this as non 3rd party as i can, but ill still accept suggestions from such sources as some DMs will allow it and some not.

stats: Con>Str>Wis>Dex>Cha>Int

Race: Dwarf

Race trait:
Spiritual Support: +1 caster level heal spells. Replace greedy, hardy.
or
Unstoppable: Toughness as a bonus feat, +1 racial bonus on Fortitude saves. replaces hardy.

Class:
Lv1 Cleric (travel and healing domains)
Lv2 Fighter (for heavy armor, martial weapons, and endurance+Diehard bonus feats from Unbreakable archetype)
Lv3 - ? cleric

possible prestige classes: Evangelist

Possible feats: (in no particular order)

(for melee heavy groups)
Shield focus (+1 AC)
Missle shield (deflect 1 ranged atk/r)
Saving shield (immediate action, give ally +2 AC)
Channel Shield Wall (swift action, send a channel, gain +2 deflection, allies with shields adjacent also gain +2. last 1min/level)

(For range, caster heavy groups)
Power atk
Shield of swings (full round atk with 2H weapon, deal half dmg, gain +4 shield bonus to AC and CMD)
need more ideas...

(3rd part options to consider)
Maximize Channeling (3/day maximize channel)
Ascetic (cleric archetype)

Ranimal Slagbrew was born to a outcast dwarven family, once know as the Ironbrew. Though criminals, his parents were good people, and raised their child to know love, kindness, and compassion. As a young dwarf he sought to spread that kindness and compassion to those who had known little. He went out among the homeless and abandoned of the city, offering help in the way of food or first aid. Over time, though not religious himself, some of the goodlier gods turned their eye's upon him, and gifted him with some divine power to assist him in his endeavors. (This is where he gains his first cleric level)

One day, as it has a habit of doing, war threatened his home, and young Ranimal did what he thought right, and enlisted to defend that home. he chose the front line, hoping to protect his fellow soldiers as best he could, and was sent to another nation to fight. Though good luck, or divine aid, he saw little combat, but what little he did taught him much. What he learned most was that there were a lot of people in the world who needed help. When the war ended he left the army, knowing he wasn't fit for such a life. (his training and experience gives him one level of fighter or the Ascetic archetype.)

He became an adventurer, in the hopes that could he could protect those who couldn't protect themselves, and in the mean time spread some kindness and compassion to those who knew none, in the hopes that those he helped would pass that kindness forward to others.