PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed 3.5 Blood-spiked Dungeon Crasher Cleric?

Bloodgruve
2016-04-08, 02:52 PM
Hey Giants,

Crawling through the Temple of Elemental Evil my party decided to rest within 60' of a Banshees lair at night. Needless to say it was bad for the party even after some save DC negotiation with the DM. My lvl 10 Clawlock opted out of the rez because his familiar had gone down with him. So a new character is being rolled and I'm looking for advice. The current party, or I should say remaining party, consists of a Transumtation Wizard, Cleric/Malconvoker, and Bow wielding druid (not built or played as tier 1). I loved my Cawlock, had him built as a scout with great Search/Spot/Listen. I like playing gish, but am trying to decide on a new character. My first instinct is to run a fully optimized Truenamer with ridiculous Truespeak skills but being in a party with all Tier 1's I feel I'd be left in the dust even after quickening utterances every round.

I've always wanted to run a speedy dwarf bowling ball type character. I don't wanna fall too far behind the big guys though.

So here's my attempt starting at lvl 10

Dwarf Dungeon Crasher 2 / Cleric 8

Domains, War and Planning

Feats:
Extend Spell (Domain)
Weapon Focus Spiked Shield (Domain-DM approved)
Power Attack (Fighter Bonus)
Weapon Focus Armor Spikes (1)
Persistant Spell (3)
Divine Metamagic (6)
Blood-Spiked Charger (9)
Travel Devotion (Flaw)
Extra Turning (Flaw - DM approved)

I want to Persist Divine Power, use Travel Devotion to position and charge/crash things.

Flavor wise I want to run a Dwarf, since they are natural sprinters, and kick up my speed as much as possible. I get a kick out of having this fully platemail'd guy cruising around the battlefield.

I have WBL 49K Gold iirc. Content available are Core/SRD, PHB2, all the Completes, SC, MIC and ToM.

Any build, spell or equipment suggestions are appreciated.

Does this look fun or is it just dumb?

Thank you,

Blood~

Zaq
2016-04-10, 02:53 PM
Blood-Spiked Charger is a very fluffy feat that has very little actual useful effect. Spiked Rebuke is all but useless (it's fiddly as hell, and it involves fighting defensively, which is rarely worth your time and effort unless you build specifically for it), and Spiked Slam is basically useless as well (giving up a full attack routine and provoking AoOs in exchange for +1d6 + [2 × STR] dmg, and then you can't threaten? Whoopee). The only useful maneuver is Spiked Avalanche, and that's only because it gives a pseudo-Pounce. Without Knockback, none of Blood-Spiked Charger's options actually contribute to Dungeoncrashing. This would be one thing in a low-op campaign, but if you're explicitly worried about not measuring up against T1 casters, I don't think that you're really going to be very effective. I don't have time to go into a lot of details, but let's put it this way: what's your best-case scenario, and how do you see that stacking up against your partymates?