PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Necromancy, Enchantment and Constructs! Oh my! (Build focused on follower collecting)

Gwazi Magnum
2016-04-08, 05:21 PM
Basically I'm looking at a possible build for a Solo Campaign.

Originally I had Master Summoner, but I have a feeling I'd be bored rather quickly of spamming summon spells, instead I'd rather have a character whose follower base I can expand on over time. A collection to build up and get more invested in.

This leads me to three different build ideas:

1. Master Enchanter. I basically find NPC's I find particularly skilled and mind control them into serving me.
2. Horde Necromancer. I find corpses, I raise them, I collect undead overtime.
3. Construct Crafter. I build my own Mechanical Servants to follow me around.

Build's that allow for a combination of the following is preferred so I have a variety of ways to gain more followers.
Bonus points if it can be centred around using Charisma.

And then for side skill rank investments.
I'm trying to also get an idea of what skills and methods would be appropriate for having experience in bartering (getting better deals) and for using torture and/or ritual sacrifices.

Hazrond
2016-04-08, 09:44 PM
Basically I'm looking at a possible build for a Solo Campaign.

Originally I had Master Summoner, but I have a feeling I'd be bored rather quickly of spamming summon spells, instead I'd rather have a character whose follower base I can expand on over time. A collection to build up and get more invested in.

This leads me to three different build ideas:

1. Master Enchanter. I basically find NPC's I find particularly skilled and mind control them into serving me.
2. Horde Necromancer. I find corpses, I raise them, I collect undead overtime.
3. Construct Crafter. I build my own Mechanical Servants to follow me around.

Build's that allow for a combination of the following is preferred so I have a variety of ways to gain more followers.
Bonus points if it can be centred around using Charisma.

And then for side skill rank investments.
I'm trying to also get an idea of what skills and methods would be appropriate for having experience in bartering (getting better deals) and for using torture and/or ritual sacrifices.

Yeah, personal experience states that the Necromancer is probably a bad idea, why not trying to combine the Enchanter with the Construct Crafter that way you have some spells to use (there are like, practically no construct based spells i can remember)? or maybe you could craft magical items that bind an outsider to the Material Plane? (a Continuous Form of the Summon Monster spell)

ATHATH
2016-04-09, 12:48 AM
I have a list of 3.0/3.5 minionmancy spells here, if you can use 3.0/3.5 stuff: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?480523-Build-it-for-me-please&p=20506950#post20506950

avr
2016-04-09, 01:27 AM
On combining enchantment and constructs - you might consider the impossible (http://archivesofnethys.com/BloodlineDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Impossible) bloodline. Probably via blood arcanist, sorcerer has a problem with splitting spells between crafting prereqs and adventuring/enchantment stuff. It'd be handy to be able to cast heroism (for example) on your favorite construct.