PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Can an undead Caster cast Accept Affliction

Malroth
2016-04-08, 06:23 PM
My Skeletal champion oracle is the party's only healer but since i'm also the only one with battlefield control potential my spell list is streched fairly thin, Could i save a few spells known on Accept affliction to bring status effects to myself even if i'm immune to them?

Jack_Simth
2016-04-08, 06:40 PM
My Skeletal champion oracle is the party's only healer but since i'm also the only one with battlefield control potential my spell list is streched fairly thin, Could i save a few spells known on Accept affliction to bring status effects to myself even if i'm immune to them?
You can still cast it. Whether or not your immunities help in that instance is a different question... one you'll need to ask the DM in question, as it's fuzzy rules territory.

Hazrond
2016-04-08, 09:35 PM
You can still cast it. Whether or not your immunities help in that instance is a different question... one you'll need to ask the DM in question, as it's fuzzy rules territory.

Well it depends on the wording of the spell, because there are two cases at play here

A ) Most other spells or abilities of that nature have a limit on immune creatures casting them because of B

B ) If you are immune to an effect but subjected to it anyway you still HAVE the effect it just doesn't cause anything mechanically except tick down its own duration, this ruling was primarily made to solve questions of "What happens if i get poisoned then spend an X or use Y to become immune to poison?"