PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class elixir prc- poison in my veins

uroborus
2016-04-08, 06:28 PM
this is a hombrew class ive made for my athasian bard character, and i would like to hear opinions and suggestion if there are any, especially what the prerequisits should be and if its op\up/
thanks i advance for any help or comment,

"Why go through all the trouble of making poisons, when you can BE one?"

Ith'raak, an elf Elixir.

The athasian bard is notorius for collecting and harboring frogotten lore and dark secrets, in much the same way a rich man harbor his gold. Some bard master the fine art of poison making, searching hard for long forgottn alchemical formulas and rare ingridiants to mix in their brews, but some ambitious bards aspire for something more. These few practise a secret method, called internal alchemy, to hone their own body into a powerful elixir, capable of both healing and harming, depending on the bard's wish.
These Elixirs, as they call themselves, treat their bodies as cauldrons, into which they pour and mix various components to achieve their goals.

Level
BAB
fort
ref
will
special

+0
+2
+2
+2
Black Hands, Internal Alchemy (Iron Cauldron)

+1
+3
+3
+3
Black Blood, Royal Touch

+2
+3
+3
+3
Internal Alchemy (Heart of the Tarek)

+3
+4
+4
+4
Poison Breath (2d6)

+3
+4
+4
+4
Internal Alchemy (Dragon Skin)

+4
+5
+5
+5
Master of Alkahest, Poison Breath (3d6)

+5
+5
+5
+5
internal alchemy (golden body)

+6
+6
+6
+6
Poison breath (4d6)

+6
+6
+6
+6
internal alchemy (a thousand faces)

+7
+7
+7
+7
Elixir of life

Requirements:

Skills: Craft (Alchemy or Poisonmaking) 10 ranks
BAB: +7 or higher
Special: Must either possess the Master of Poisons feat or the Poison Use class feature.

Hit die

d6

Skill points

4+ Int

Class Features:

internal alchemy(su): by consuming large amounts of alchemical substance and practicing secert drills, the Elixir achieve mastery over his body, atainning a level of control over its functions that seems almost magical in the eyes of normal men.
*iron cauldron (Su): Beginning at 1st level, the Elixir may draw nutrients out of any substance: bark, grass, stone, gold, and even ash. The adept gains no benefit against poisons delivered by an attack, but becomes immune to all ingested poisons.
*Heart of the Tarek: long exposure to deadly poisons and toxic substances has toughen the Elixir's body to the point where it no longer fail from damage that would render other mortals helpless. At 3rd level the Elixir gains the benefits of the diehard feat, even if he do not meet the prerequisites.
*dragon skin (Ex): beginning at level 5, special oils and harsh training cause the skin of the Elixir to thicken and harden to protect his body from harm, adding his Elixir level to his AC.
*golden body (Su): At 7th level, the Elixir is in such firm control of her own metabolism that she gains immunity to poisons of all kinds as well as to all diseases except for supernatural and magical diseases (such as mummy rot).
*A Thousand Faces (Su): At 9th level, the Elixir is so skilled with internal alchmy that he gains the ability to change his appearance at will, as if using the disguise self spell. This affects the Elixir's body but not his possessions. It is not an illusory effect, but a minor physical alteration of the Elixir's appearance, within the limits described for the spell.

black hands (Su): With rigorous training and brews concocted from poisonous critters, the Elixir has learned how to turn his touch corrosive and let acid pool up in the palm of his hand. This makes the skin of his palms black with pale fumes coming out of it. At-will, anything that the Elixir can clench a fist around, he may destroy as a full-round action, including magic rings and amulets. Anything that is too big to be clenched into a fist takes 1d6 acid damage per Elixir level. An Elixir may try to damage the weapons or armor of enemies by making a successful disarm attempt or touch attack, respectively. The Elixir is immuned to its own acid but not to that of other Elixirs or other creatures and effects that use acid.

Black blood (Su): The Elixir's mastery over the acids in his body extand even further then his previous black hands abillity. At 2st level, he can infuse his whole body- equipment included- with his acid. This turn him and his gear completely black, with white fume rising from him like steam or smoke. whenever the Elixir is struck while this ability is active, the attacker takes 1d6 acid damage per two Elixir level2, as the acid that cover him from head to toe dissolves any who touches it. Any weapon he is carrying inflict 1d6 additional acid damage per two Elixir level. This damage stacks with any other properties that weapon may have.

Royal touch (Su): Beginning at 2nd level, an Elixir with a Charisma score of 12 or higher can heal wounds (his own or those of others) by touch. Each day he can heal a total number of hit points of damage equal to his Elixir level × his Charisma bonus. For example, a 7th-level Elixir with a 16 Charisma (+3 bonus) can heal 21 points of damage per day. An Elixir may choose to divide his healing among multiple recipients, and he doesn't have to use it all at once. Using royal touch is a standard action.

Poison breath(Su): At 4th level, you gain 30 feet cone shaped breath weapon composed of poisonous acid fumes that deals 2d6 points of damage in level, 3d6 at 6th level, and 4d6 at 8th level. A successful Reflex save halves the damage dealt; the save DC is equal to 10 + Elixir level + your Con modifier. once you breath you must wait 1d4 rounds before you can use your breath weapon again.
The breath weapon range extend out to 60 feet at 10th level.

Master of Alkahest(su): the acid your body produce is so corrosive that it ignores the resistance to acid of creatures affected by it, and affected creatures with immunity to acid take half damage (round down). The alkehast applies only to the acid produced by the Elixir's own body such as in black blood, black hand, poison breath etc. If the elixir gains an ability to bodily create acid from another class (such as the flux adept's abillity bitter tides) then the alkehast applies.
In addition the Elixir is now immune to all acids except for that of other Elixir with this class feature.

Elixir of life (Ex): At 10th level, an Elixir's mastery of the immune and repair systems of the body is such that she gains regeneration 1. Cold, electricity, fire, and sonic deal normal damage to a flux adept. An Elixir can regrow a lost limb or body part in 4d6 days, but cannot reattach the severed member by holding it to the stump.

Maxrim
2016-04-08, 07:12 PM
I like the class! Iron Cauldron is cool, and I like the progression from 'I can eat anything' at 1st level to 'I can survive anything' at 10th with the Elixir of Life.

I think that 3 good saves alongside the class features is a bit much. I'd lower it to just good Fort.
I also think the Black Blood ability is a bit much, that's easily an extra 50d6 per round on a 10th level martial character. I'd make it 1d6 damage per 2 levels.

For requirements, I'd go for something along the lines of:
Skills: Craft (Alchemy or Poisonmaking) 10 ranks
BAB: +7 or higher
Special: Must either possess the Master of Poisons feat or the Poison Use class feature.

I don't really get the fluff of Royal Touch, why it's called Royal Touch and why it's keyed off of charisma rather than Con. Maybe you could expound on that in the ability description?

uroborus
2016-04-09, 03:45 AM
ok, first and foremost, thanks for the feedback!

now, i've edited the prerequisits and black blood as you recomended.

as for royal touch- i figured that a guy who can poison and melt stuff should also have some healing abillity. the name comes from medieval belief that kings had a healing touch, and i preferd that name to lay of hands. if you have any thoughts on the matter, again, i would very much like to hear them

as for the saves, i took them and the BAB as is from the poison master prc of athas org. figuring this is the closest class to this