PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch The Office (US version)?

JeffreyToTheMax
2007-06-22, 02:26 AM
The U.S. version of The Office has been my most recent obsession, almost entirely because of the character Dwight Schrute.

For those unfamiliar with the show, a good compilation of Dwight moments can be found on Youtube here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=E9cUe-Z5Ens&mode=related&search=). Also here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=zpndG97A_r0&mode=related&search=).

Jerthanis
2007-06-22, 09:58 AM
The Office is awesome. Each of the characters are brilliant, even the background ones who seemed at first like they'd never be developed have become amazingly funny. Phillis and Kevin, for example. Also, the Jim/Pam relationship is a TV drama relationship that actually succeeded at making me feel strongly for the characters. Jenna Fisher is easily on my top 5 most attractive celebrities list for her role in the Office. I can't wait for the fourth season.

The ending of season 3 was awesome, because it finally delivered on something building for years now, but it also made it clear that things wouldn't be simple after that point. Personally, I think Karen being around is going to make Pam feel really guilty about it. Also, I think Roy is going to make good on his promise to kill Jim, but Kevin will make good on HIS promise to help him fight Roy and it'll work out.

Also, I wanna be Jim when I grow up.

tape_measure
2007-06-22, 01:49 PM
Best. Show. Ever.

Hands down. There's not a lot I can say other than that. :smallbiggrin:

Amotis
2007-06-22, 02:46 PM
Seriously, best. show. ever. seconded. :smallbiggrin:

My favorite characters are Kevin and Toby. So dry and subtle it hurts.

I think Roy might just be out of the picture. What was the last time he made any mention of his and Pam's relationship? The coffeeshop, right? And he seemed pretty accepting then. But iono.

Also, I ran out in the streets after the ending of season 3. It was teh awesome.

Everyone also needs to watch the Deleted Scenes that are floating around youtube. They include some of my favorite moments.

1) Kreed playing blues. (booze cruise)
2) Micheal talking about Kenny G. "That one guy...plays that curved horn...really famous...just great musician...all the jazz guys know what I'm talking about...Kenny G. That's him. *nod* All the jazz guys know what I'm talking about" (forget the episode)

HaHA! :smalltongue:

Green Bean
2007-06-22, 02:49 PM
The Office is so very awesome! I'm up to season 2, but that's with DVDs because they don't show it on TV where I live. :smallfrown:

Also, I just want to say that Phyllis is such an amazing yet underrated character.

Amotis
2007-06-22, 02:56 PM
one MORE thing:

Is Ryan really leaving? I don't really see the program being split up to the upper divisions like it did with Jim transferring. I'll miss him. His character is easily the coolest out of the bunch as it's just concentrated wit and awesome lines.

Penguinsushi
2007-06-22, 03:08 PM
I feel the need to link to this (http://www.dieselsweeties.com/archive.php?s=1745) - even if it's barely on-topic.

I've seen a few episodes. Dunno, I could never really get into it...

...but I'm not big on tv shows in general...

~PS

Rare Pink Leech
2007-06-23, 10:01 AM
one MORE thing:

Is Ryan really leaving? I don't really see the program being split up to the upper divisions like it did with Jim transferring. I'll miss him. His character is easily the coolest out of the bunch as it's just concentrated wit and awesome lines.

I think he really is going to take the job, and I don't think it'll split up the show like it happened with Jim. Jan appeared in at least what, one-half to two-thirds of the episodes, so it's not like we're going to never see him again. Besides, I figure BJ Novak wants a bit less screen time and a bit more producing/writing time (even if he wasn't actively in a scence at the office, he was still required to be in the background for hours at a time while filming happened.

Besides, his being hired makes most sense story-wise: Michael and Jim obviously aren't getting/taking the job, and I read somewhere that Rashida Jones had filmed a pilot, which implies she isn't coming back and that we've seen the last of Karen as a regular.

JeffreyToTheMax
2007-06-23, 01:43 PM
I haven't actually seen the third season yet, except for a couple episodes downloaded from iTunes. I usually just wait until TV shows comes out on DVD anyway. But since I know when it's on (thursdays 8 or 9), I think I may go ahead and just watch them there.

Sneak
2007-06-23, 08:33 PM
I watch it.

I personally think the third season isn't that great, and I watch it more out of principle than anything else. I much preferred the first 2 seasons.

Nomrom
2007-06-24, 02:53 AM
This show is awesome. It's the only sitcom I can stand to watch nowadays, and one of the three or fours shows I watch on a regular basis.

Teal Kuinshi
2007-06-25, 05:53 PM
It's a great show. My favorite character is Toby.