PDA

View Full Version : Need help building AssAssin Npc for 3.5

Nosta
2016-04-09, 12:41 AM
so my pc's will be doing a mission were they need to get a soon to be mother from a large city to a small village

I have monsters and other encounters open but 'd like for there to be a main villain

the assassin I have in my mind is a female human about 28 in age, level 6

Idk what class she should be or what feats be good

I kinda want to make use of slight of hand

MisterKaws
2016-04-09, 12:53 AM
That second 'A' right there might be considered profanity depending on the viewer.

The most optimal build would be a straight Swordsage, though it won't have Sleight of Hand. I'd recommend against using Sleight of Hand on a boss character, since it's heavily underpowered aside from some uses with Skill Tricks, none of which can help at that level, and TO shenanigans.

A_S
2016-04-09, 01:26 AM
That second 'A' right there might be considered profanity depending on the viewer.
Somehow this seems oddly familiar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472000-AssAssin-Npc-help).

Gildedragon
2016-04-09, 01:43 AM
Somehow this seems oddly familiar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?472000-AssAssin-Npc-help).
glitch in the Matrix it seems
@Nosta:

At level 6 some poison is a handy donkeydonkeyination tool; a feat such as Master of Poisons is great.

Factotum 4, Swordsage 2 would be pretty good I think; especially if Iaijutsu focus is used. There is a lot of power put into sneaking around; there are a couple utility spells that can be had. One can take Craven for the level 6 feat (unless you rule cunning strike doesn't count for Sneak Attack)

mabriss lethe
2016-04-09, 12:52 PM
It really depends:
What level are your players?
Do you plan on the NPC appearing solo or with help?
How big of a threat do you want villain to be?
Is the villain a 1 shot or someone you plan on having take a recurring role?

EDIT TO ADD: Without knowing more, I'll give it a whirl with this:

Mira the Viper
Human Sorcerer 1/ Monk (invisible fist/Draconic fist) 2/rogue 3. (prioritize dexterity>con/wis>str>int/cha(minimum 11))
Feats:
1.Master of poisons
1.(bonus human)draconic heritage (any)
2.(monk 1) Draconic Fist ACF
3.(monk 2) combat reflexes
3. draconic claws
6. poison spell

Skills prioritizing stealth and movement:

Spells:
(0) 5/day: Acid splash, flare, ghost sound, touch of fatigue
(1) 3/day: Color spray, Chill Touch

Equipment:
Assorted wands (each with 1d6 charges) and scrolls
Assorted level appropriate poisons
Shuriken, quarterstaff with 2 wand chambers
Potion of Cure moderate wounds
level 1 Memento Magica

Quick rundown of abilities:
-Can poison a weapon with a swift action/never risks poisoning himself
-Can use poisons as material components for touch spells to add the poison's effect to the spell as a rider
-May add elemental damage to an unarmed strike 1/day
-Invisibility 1/3 rounds
-2d6 sneak attack
-Gains 2 claw attacks as natural attacks, may make a claw attack as a swift action in any round that you cast a spell as a standard action.
-Flurry of blows
-Casts as a 1st level Sorcerer

Here are some NPC mooks to accompany her.
Dragon Claw assassins:
Silverbrow Human Warrior1/ Expert 5 (standard array, same priorities as Mira)
Skills of note: Move Silently, Hide, Iaijutsu focus, bluff, disguise, sleight of hand)
Feats:
1:Improved initiative
1B:exotic weapon proficiency: quickrazor
3: Draconic Aura (various)
6: Martial Study: Sapphire nightmare blade

Equipment: Light or medium armor, various clothing for disguises, Gnomish quickrazors, poisoned (drow) throwing daggers, one or two doses of weak poison (note that they are not skilled with poison and can accidentally poison themselves)

The setup:
The adventure starts in a crowded marketplace. As the party moves through it, the Dragon Claw Assassins begin the setup. They jostle past the party one at a time, using slight of hand to pilfer whatever they can from the party to make things more difficult. Weapons, spell component pouches, divine foci if they're readily at hand. If one of them is caught in the act he/she flees and the encounter moves on to step 2. If none of them are caught (go easy on your party. hinder them some, but don't completely cripple everyone) Have one of them "fail on purpose" to draw the party's attention. The pickpocketing assassin flees into a dead end alleyway, the party in hot pursuit. The rest of the assassins (w/o mira) fall in behind them. Mira is on a rooftop above the alley in question.

When they corner the pickpocket, he makes to surrender, but then a flurry of shuriken loaded with drow sleep poison hits the party from above. The assassins behind the party use the surprise round to attack with sleep poison laced quickrazors on the first round, boosting damage with IF skill rolls. If the whole party goes down to the sleep poison, then they wake up with minor wounds discovering that the assassins are nowhere to be found and their charge is missing. (CUE NEXT ADVENTURE! Find her before they do!) If some/all stay conscious through the initial volley, then it becomes a free for all. The assassins will either throw sleep poisoned daggers or use sapphire nightmare blade to put the party down quickly with IF damage in the first normal round. Mira will come down into the fray using her invisibility. On her first round, she'll drop a poisoned spell Chill touch coupled with a swift (poisoned) claw attack, both will benefit from her sneak attack damage. On round two, she'll be visible again, but will use similar tactics. One of her pet assassins will try to eat Attack of Opportunities from her next target. She'll move to flank him, this time casting Color spray on as many people as possible while sneak attacking with another poisoned claw attack. On round 3 she'll switch gears again. Either full attacking her current opponent with a flurry+Draconic fist+natural weapons or moving into range of to another flanked target (hopefully having had her minion eat any AoOs for her beforehand) using another poisoned Chill Touch with another swift (unpoisoned) claw. On Round 4 her invisibility comes online again. Mira will pop it immediately and retreat behind cover. From this vantage point she'll heal using her potion if she needs to, repoison at least one of her weapons. if she didn't need to heal, she'll use her momento magica to regain a used level 1 spell slot. If things are going her way she'll reinter the fray with another flurry of poisoned sneak attack shuriken. and repeat her previous tactics. If not, she'll retreat and let her minions cover her before they scatter and do likewise or die trying.

Ortesk
2016-04-09, 02:16 PM
Are you dead set on Human? If not you can just go Whisper Gnome (Dark Creature template) rogue 5/Assassin 1.Pick up dark stalker feat, use a Dragonbone distance composite long bow, and should be a good assassin. CR of 7 though, but should be fun and decent.

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-04-09, 03:45 PM
ThE PerFect AssAssIn. (https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Arseplomancer)

Gildedragon
2016-04-09, 04:00 PM
If human is debateable: dark-creature changeling is great. Stab and vanish into the crowd.

MisterKaws
2016-04-09, 05:08 PM
ThE PerFect AssAssIn. (https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Arseplomancer)

Oh dear Pelor...

MaxiDuRaritry
2016-04-09, 05:29 PM
Oh dear Pelor...And the best part is, it's easy to get away. Nobody tries to stop you because all the bystanders are helpful or fanatic. The most they'll do is stop you to shake your hand and to make you kiss their babies, or something.

Coidzor
2016-04-09, 05:34 PM
so my pc's will be doing a mission were they need to get a soon to be mother from a large city to a small village

I have monsters and other encounters open but 'd like for there to be a main villain

the assassin I have in my mind is a female human about 28 in age, level 6

Idk what class she should be or what feats be good

I kinda want to make use of slight of hand

So is she an exotic dancer who kills people under cover of her sensuality?

Is she an assassin that literally murders people with her ass? Is she beating people with it via Unarmed Strikes? Smothering them via optimized grappling? Lethal farts, whether by refluffed breath weapons or other means?

:smallconfused:

Nah, ass doesn't trigger the profanity filters.

Which is good, because sometimes we need to talk about badasses or Assweres.

Calling someone an ass, though, would be running into issues with Da Rools (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/announcement.php?a=1), though.

If anything, the capitalization of both As combined with specifying that the assassin be female just makes me think it's sexualized in some way.

Nosta
2016-04-09, 06:02 PM
well her aliment is TN
I guess I could go changeling
my party is 5 level 5 characters and I want her to be bit of a challenge
as I have a decent reward in stored for all my players if they manage to beat her
I kinda want her to use those 1d4 weapons with high crit range I forget there name and use poison

MisterKaws
2016-04-09, 08:32 PM
So is she an exotic dancer who kills people under cover of her sensuality?

Is she an assassin that literally murders people with her ass? Is she beating people with it via Unarmed Strikes? Smothering them via optimized grappling? Lethal farts, whether by refluffed breath weapons or other means?

:smallconfused:

It's a Diplomancer build that works by using Exemplar with epic Escape Artist and expansion spells: you roll a 70 to intrude into people's buttholes, then expand while doing a STR check(using your altered STR) against the rectum's hardness; if you win, the target is pretty much dead, and regardless of the result, anyone who beholds such an act of magnificence is immediately convinced of your greatness, and will join your devotees.

I just noticed it now, but you could probably use this to become a deity, possible domains include Abyss, Cavern, Darkness, Joy, Pleasure, Temptation, and Lust.

Coidzor
2016-04-09, 08:44 PM
It's a Diplomancer build that works by using Exemplar with epic Escape Artist and expansion spells: you roll a 70 to intrude into people's buttholes, then expand while doing a STR check(using your altered STR) against the rectum's hardness; if you win, the target is pretty much dead, and regardless of the result, anyone who beholds such an act of magnificence is immediately convinced of your greatness, and will join your devotees.

I just noticed it now, but you could probably use this to become a deity, possible domains include Abyss, Cavern, Darkness, Joy, Pleasure, Temptation, and Lust.

I always thought we just called that dude the Arseplomancer. Or whatever else he wanted so he wouldn't do it to us.

I'm inclined to agree with you about the domains.

Tiri
2016-04-09, 09:16 PM
I kinda want her to use those 1d4 weapons with high crit range I forget there name and use poison

Kukris? Well, for that you need EWP or some Monk levels, certainly.

InvisibleBison
2016-04-09, 11:03 PM
Kukris? Well, for that you need EWP or some Monk levels, certainly.

No, kukris are martial weapons.

Coidzor
2016-04-10, 12:06 AM
If you wanted to spend a feat on Exotic Weapon Proficiency, then Kaorti Resin or ribbon kukris would be 1d4 18-20/x4 Slashing weapons.

Tiri
2016-04-10, 12:40 AM
No, kukris are martial weapons.

Oops. Well, that's what I get for not checking books before replying.