PDA

View Full Version : Why do colossi have no feat requirement?

magicalmagicman
2016-04-09, 02:56 AM
Golems require craft construct.
Epic golems require craft epic magical arms and armor

So why does Colossi require no feats? They are epitome of construct magical technology. Any character that has devoted 0 feats to crafting can craft them! I refuse to believe it is an oversight because in that same epic handbook exists adamantite golems!

Eldariel
2016-04-09, 03:10 AM
Golems require craft construct.
Epic golems require craft epic magical arms and armor

So why does Colossi require no feats? They are epitome of construct magical technology. Any character that has devoted 0 feats to crafting can craft them! I refuse to believe it is an oversight because in that same epic handbook exists adamantite golems!

Considering it's the Epic Level Handbook, I'm not sure why you're surprised. That book is basically unedited; it's just a collection of ideas on what could possibly constitute epic, complete with a serious case of "the bigger number, the better"-syndrome.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-04-09, 03:16 AM
It's because they all require epic spellcasting. There's your feat requirement right there.

I imagine the thought process was something like, "epic spells can make whole new species. If it requires epic spellcasting that should be enough without further requirements."

magicalmagicman
2016-04-09, 03:43 AM
It's because they all require epic spellcasting. There's your feat requirement right there.

I imagine the thought process was something like, "epic spells can make whole new species. If it requires epic spellcasting that should be enough without further requirements."

Oh ok, that makes sense, and since non spellcasters can get access to epic magical arms and armor and UMD the scrolls, yeah it makes sense.