PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Summoner Synthesist questions.

Zellsantal
2016-04-09, 09:11 AM
My DM have make this character and have me test it out, I thought it was interesting because of how much AC it had though even with that my summoner almost died lol. This be the thrid week I be playing with it and after I did some research I found I was hardly using the full exstent of what the Synthesist could do. My DM have just nuff some things because he figer that everyone was a bit too strong, playing with modern path settings so ya we are useing guns and stuff. So we have to rework on our characters and I am making a few changes of my own. With that in mind I have a few questions since after looking around there was no answer to these questions as of yet.

1. Ok I have picked the extra arms two times which means I have six arms all together, if I have that would I be able to use six rings? Would that also count for other items like bracers and stuff like that?

2. If I have spell resistance from my eidolon could I had more by stacking with other items, if so what items could I do that with?

3. If I have the Grab ability and I am say one size higher then who I am grappling and successfuly grappled would I be able to attack with my other weapons and the person grappled and/or other people or am I stuck keeping the grapple?

4. Is there any items that would able me to use weapon enchantments such as spell storing for my natural attacks?

Starbuck_II
2016-04-09, 09:33 AM
My DM have make this character and have me test it out, I thought it was interesting because of how much AC it had though even with that my summoner almost died lol. This be the thrid week I be playing with it and after I did some research I found I was hardly using the full exstent of what the Synthesist could do. My DM have just nuff some things because he figer that everyone was a bit too strong, playing with modern path settings so ya we are useing guns and stuff. So we have to rework on our characters and I am making a few changes of my own. With that in mind I have a few questions since after looking around there was no answer to these questions as of yet.

1. Ok I have picked the extra arms two times which means I have six arms all together, if I have that would I be able to use six rings? Would that also count for other items like bracers and stuff like that?

2. If I have spell resistance from my eidolon could I had more by stacking with other items, if so what items could I do that with?

3. If I have the Grab ability and I am say one size higher then who I am grappling and successfuly grappled would I be able to attack with my other weapons and the person grappled and/or other people or am I stuck keeping the grapple?

4. Is there any items that would able me to use weapon enchantments such as spell storing for my natural attacks?

1. Nope, you are still limited to 2 rings without other feats/magic items that grant more.

2. Unless the SR says it stacks, only highest applies.
3. Yes, you can always attack while grappling (you only need one hand to hold a grapple). Reread grappling rules (3.5 rules are different).
4. Unsure.

Zellsantal
2016-04-09, 09:41 AM
Oh and what I forgot to add for 2., though I have spell resistance would that effect what spells that would do to myself or other party members? Like say my healer is using a cure spell, would that prevent him to use his spell on me or would I able to allow others to cast spells on me if I am willing?

Spore
2016-04-10, 05:30 AM
Oh and what I forgot to add for 2., though I have spell resistance would that effect what spells that would do to myself or other party members? Like say my healer is using a cure spell, would that prevent him to use his spell on me or would I able to allow others to cast spells on me if I am willing?

He has to overcome your spell resistance. Lowering your resistance is considered a standard action.

upho
2016-04-10, 01:42 PM
4. Is there any items that would able me to use weapon enchantments such as spell storing for my natural attacks?RAW, this is most likely possible with an Amulet of Mighty Fists (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/amulet-of-mighty-fists). There might be an argument against that if you interpret Spell Storing's "the weapon strikes a creature and the creature takes damage from it" line as if a you aren't actually hitting with a spell storing weapon when using a natural weapon and an AoMF, but that would go against everything else related to AoMFs and natural weapons (for example, the natural attacks become magic themselves). Talk to your DM, but I think it's pretty clear it should work.

3. Yes, you can always attack while grappling (you only need one hand to hold a grapple). Reread grappling rules (3.5 rules are different).Though note that maintaining a grapple is normally a standard action. So if you want to maintain a grapple you started, you typically cannot also attack unless you have Greater Grapple (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/greater-grapple-combat---final). And if you do, you typically can only make standard action attacks, not full attacks.

Generally speaking, if you're into grappling it's much more efficient to make several grapple checks during your turn in order tie up enemies instead of attacking them normally. Largely because most grappled enemies will be able to make full attacks against you, while you will only be able to make single attacks, and because tying them up basically means they're out of the fight. (See also the very nifty Equipment Trick (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/equipment-trick-combat) (rope) "Hogtie (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/equipment-trick-combat#TOC-Rope-Tricks)", allowing you to skip the "pin" step before tying up opponents.)