PDA

View Full Version : Computer Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition questions

JeenLeen
2016-04-09, 10:09 PM
I couldn't find a good walkthrough online, so I'm hoping some players here might know. Some questions have spoilers, which I'll put in the spoiler box.

1. If you trade with someone then kill them, will they drop what you traded to them/all your gold?
2. Do gold amounts accumulate as you trade gold? By which I mean if I give someone 1000 gold, will they have it forever.
3. How much do Master rank skills cost?

4. I forget the guy's name, but outside Evelyn's hidden base, there's a Sourcerer sun-bathing. You can fight him or not. He has pretty good stuff, so I'm considering trading with him a few times then killing him to get all my gold back.
Is there any reason not to kill him, like he is helpful later in the game?

5. Likewise, I'd like to kill Zombie Jake. I don't know if I can manage to before he vanishes in the ground, but on my last try I managed to hit him. Any reason not to kill him?

Thanks.

Vaz
2016-04-11, 06:40 AM
The point of the game to have these 'who knows?' quandaries, isn't it? While it doesn't answer the questions, I'd advise trialing it with Saving/Reloading, or just standing by your actions.

Veros
2016-04-12, 05:26 AM
I couldn't find a good walkthrough online, so I'm hoping some players here might know. Some questions have spoilers, which I'll put in the spoiler box.

1. If you trade with someone then kill them, will they drop what you traded to them/all your gold? They should, at least on the XBOX One they did.
2. Do gold amounts accumulate as you trade gold? By which I mean if I give someone 1000 gold, will they have it forever. They reset after a level up or after a few hours. (3-24 hours real life time.)
3. How much do Master rank skills cost? No clue.

4. I forget the guy's name, but outside Evelyn's hidden base, there's a Sourcerer sun-bathing. You can fight him or not. He has pretty good stuff, so I'm considering trading with him a few times then killing him to get all my gold back.
Is there any reason not to kill him, like he is helpful later in the game? No. He's a one off kind of guy.

5. Likewise, I'd like to kill Zombie Jake. I don't know if I can manage to before he vanishes in the ground, but on my last try I managed to hit him. Any reason not to kill him? Nope, no reason at all not to. Unless you are trying to beat the game with less exp. And trust me that last fight is ROUGH.

Thanks.

See italics in the quote.

JeenLeen
2016-04-12, 10:22 AM
Thanks. I have so little time to game that I don't plan to do multiple playthroughs, so I wanted to check if there were negative ramifications to killing that guy.