PDA

View Full Version : BoFVI looks terrible

danzibr
2016-04-10, 07:56 AM
If you're a fan of the series, I regret to show you this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfnlXEC8tpM).

heronbpv
2016-04-10, 12:04 PM
Is it even Breath of Fire? I know it says so in the title, but how is this related to the original series?

Where's the spiked-blue-haired protagonist from the dragon clan? And the birdy-blondie princess? :smallconfused: Maybe I've been away from this series for too long (last BoF game I played was BoF 2, for the snes)...

Infernally Clay
2016-04-10, 12:18 PM
I played some of it. The combat really is awful and nothing at all like the original games. Ryu is in the game, but you don't play him. Ended up deleting the app pretty quickly.

GloatingSwine
2016-04-10, 01:22 PM
To be fair, as soon as I knew it was a mobile game I lost interest and/or hope.

I may replay BoF3 at some point, the only one I don't have a perfect save for, and possibly the game that cemented my interest in JRPGs.

Traab
2016-04-10, 01:29 PM
I still have bof3 and bof 4. Both were good games. i didnt enjoy breath of fire, dragon quarter though.

danzibr
2016-04-10, 04:11 PM
I think I saw that Nina's in the game somewhere, and even has wings. Looks quite fan service-y.

When I first heard that BoF VI was in the words, I was so excited. And then... I see this. :'(

Hunter Noventa
2016-04-10, 08:24 PM
Ended up deleting the app pretty quickly.

Well there's your problem right there.

I was never huge into the Breath of Fire series, but it is sad to see it's fallen into a hole from which there seems to be no escape.

Starbuck_II
2016-04-10, 09:33 PM
I still have bof3 and bof 4. Both were good games. i didnt enjoy breath of fire, dragon quarter though.

Quarter was tough the first run. It gets better every time you go through it since save Party XP unused.

danzibr
2016-04-11, 07:25 AM
Dragon Quarter...

Ya know, it really wasn't that bad. At first I thought it was awful because it was nothing like III or IV. I forced myself to give it a playthrough, and again, I thought it wasn't that bad.

I think I would've liked it more if it didn't have the BoF name on it. They could've just called it Dragon Quarter and I would've fired it up with no expectations.

lord_khaine
2016-04-11, 11:13 AM
Yeah it does look a bit horrible. It actually makes me kinda sad.

One of my fondest memories were getting introduced to JRPG's though Breath of Fire 2, getting drawn in by the story and rather great characters.

Traab
2016-04-11, 01:11 PM
Honestly, the reason i didnt like it was far more petty. I like random battles, and dislike it when I enter a room and there are a number of monsters getting ready to attack me. I was far too used to classic final fantasy playstyle at the time, so it jarred me out of my comfort zone. It seems silly I know, that something so small was all it took, but there you have it. At least, im pretty sure that was the reason, i got it when it was brand new, which was obviously quite some time ago.