PDA

View Full Version : Shark Attack

ReaverVonVette
2016-04-10, 11:54 AM
I'm making a character based around sharks. Give me all your shark classes, feats, and whatnot.

khadgar567
2016-04-10, 12:09 PM
I'm making a character based around sharks. Give me all your shark classes, feats, and whatnot.

probably wrong treat megalodon

Andezzar
2016-04-10, 12:15 PM
The obvious choices are druid (wildshape) and wizard (polymorph). Animal Lord (Shark) is pretty bad. If one of those you could easily rename Bite of the Werewolf (and maybe Bite of the Wererat) into Bite of the Wereshark.

Maybe look into Stormwrack to find more water/shark themed spells.

DrMotives
2016-04-10, 12:18 PM
Straight rogue, right out of the box. They already have bluff, sense motive, slight of hand, and perform as class skills. But bard & expert would work just as well.

Andezzar
2016-04-10, 12:19 PM
Straight rogue, right out of the box. They already have bluff, sense motive, slight of hand, and perform as class skills. But bard & expert would work just as well.Lol a card shark.

Tiri
2016-04-10, 12:43 PM
Well, Summon Monster and Nature's Ally both have various types of sharks. You could take Leadership and get a Fiendish shark cohort, maybe with it also taking Leadership and so on. There are plenty of options for sharks. Be a Sahuagin. They have shark telepathy.

Gildedragon
2016-04-10, 12:52 PM
Melee weapon: there is the shimalo koala: a spiked club made out of sharks' teeth in dragon 352
In Dragon 315 there are Sharktooth Gauntlets

Class: Dragon 315 has the Sharkblood Cultist

The Viscount
2016-04-11, 01:20 PM
Scaled Horror very easily makes itself a shark themed class, it gets improved grab and a huge scent range in water. The first two levels are the most important, but after that is still decent for spells. Some levels of wavekeeper after would likely fit well.

Some Tiger Claw maneuvers, despite the name, fit pretty well with any predatory theme.

Eloel
2016-04-11, 01:24 PM
Just go wereshark and call it a day.

Gildedragon
2016-04-11, 01:26 PM
Scaled Horror very easily makes itself a shark themed class, it gets improved grab and a huge scent range in water. The first two levels are the most important, but after that is still decent for spells. Some levels of wavekeeper after would likely fit well.

Some Tiger Claw maneuvers, despite the name, fit pretty well with any predatory theme.

Blood in the water, for example, gives a very shark frenzy sort of feel

WeaselGuy
2016-04-11, 01:30 PM
There's also the Waverider PrC from Savage Species. 10 levels, full BAB, good Fort and Will. Whole class is based on riding aquatic mounts into combat, and gives you a special mount of limited choice (including a shark). Basic entry would be with either Fighter or Ranger, maybe with Knight.

Inevitability
2016-04-11, 02:13 PM

I know you meant other things, but I couldn't help but imagine a shark using Sudden Leap.

Gildedragon
2016-04-11, 02:19 PM
I know you meant other things, but I couldn't help but imagine a shark using Sudden Leap.
Google great white shark jump
They already use it

nyjastul69
2016-04-11, 02:23 PM

It might look like this (https://youtu.be/vFgyFLbLejE).

Edit: Warning. Link shows a video of shark breaches off South Africa. Viewer discretion is advised.

ATHATH
2016-04-11, 02:25 PM
The Hunger domain gives a bite attack (you can get the bite attack without a Cleric dip using the Catalogues of Enlightenment).

Are sharks valid anthropomorphic animals?

The Acidborn template and levels of Warlock (for head-mounted lasers) are nice for Bond sharks.

DrMotives
2016-04-11, 03:30 PM
Are sharks valid anthropomorphic animals?

I think every animal is a valid base for the template. After checking, SS lists stat lines for medium, large, and huge shark based anthro sharks. I see no reason why bigger ones, even up to megalodons couldn't be used, although an anthropomorphic megalodon would far larger than most PCs.

Andezzar
2016-04-11, 04:14 PM
It might look like this (https://youtu.be/vFgyFLbLejE).

Edit: Warning. Link shows a video of shark breaches off South Africa. Viewer discretion is advised.Woohoo! Sharks are awesome, and they have been for quite some time.

ShurikVch
2016-04-12, 06:50 PM
Animal Lord (Shark) is pretty bad.It was much much better in Masters of The Wild:
you got Lesser Wildshape (at-will!) and could share it with all of your party;
Animal Sense have range measured in miles, you could contact animals telepathically and even see(/hear/smell/...) through them;
Animal Speech worked at-will;
Also you had some spells (nothing impressive, but at least you could use CLW wand without UMD).

Complete Adventurer eviscerated that PrC with rusted spoon! :smallmad:
Sharklord don't even allow you to breath underwater (are they mean "Landshark lord"? :smallconfused:)

Andezzar
2016-04-12, 10:50 PM
It was much much better in Masters of The Wild:
Sharklord don't even allow you to breath underwater (are they mean "Landshark lord"? :smallconfused:)Not quite:
A sharklord also gains the ability to breathe water while his wild aspect is active.

ShurikVch
2016-04-13, 02:04 AM
Also, there was Darkwater Knight PrC in Dragon #314

Not quite:Yeah, for the whole 0,5 hour/day
Compare it to Masters of the Wild:
First Totem: The marinelord gains the extraordinary ability to breathe water in her normal form. (She cannot, however, breathe air while in a form that can breathe only water.)Any time, all the time, extraordinary, and one level earlier than Wild Aspect...

MisterKaws
2016-04-13, 08:11 AM
Dustform Incarnate Construct Dragonborn Were-Huge Shark Anthropomorphic Huge Shark: You're a Were-Shark Dragon Shark!

I put Dragonborn there because you'd lose the racial abilities anyway from going incarnate construct for the Giant type. You get them back anyway because you're a were-shark.

Urpriest
2016-04-13, 08:54 AM
Megaolodon Empowerment is a really cool spell if you go the Druid route.

ShurikVch
2016-04-13, 09:16 AM
In the Secrets of Xen'drik have Iceberg Shark - it's Huge or Dire shark with land speed 10 and hold breath

You're a Were-Shark Dragon Shark!Dragon Shark is actual monster in Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene.
Pity it's not an actual Dragon (Magical Beast), or I suggest to use it with Half-Dragon template...

MisterKaws
2016-04-13, 09:59 AM
Dragon Shark is actual monster in Dangerous Denizens: The Monsters of Tellene.
Pity it's not an actual Dragon (Magical Beast), or I suggest to use it with Half-Dragon template...

Swordsaged by a campaign designer, great.