PDA

View Full Version : crossbow help. gm reward me with costom weapon

Nosta
2016-04-10, 01:41 PM
so in the game I am in I was rewarded a rare weapon. The weapon in question is a gauntlet with a built in hand cross bow. the cross bow starts as a +2 hand cross bow. but here is were is gets cool. The user of this weapon can use spell points and for every level worth of spell points they use up to a +5 bonus they can improve the cross bows magical enchantment. if I want to add a magical ability like family of splitting then I need to use spell points = to a six level spell or higher.
this weapon also bestows on me the ability to spellwarp my spells as if I was a spellwarp sniper.

my question is what is a good item to store cross bow bolts of varying types like bane and spell storing and be able to grab them and load them as fast as I can

I need the action to be swift or faster and I need the item to hold as many cross bow bolts as I can

Rizban
2016-04-10, 02:02 PM
What about a Quiver of Ehlonna?

Gildedragon
2016-04-10, 02:08 PM
The Quick Loading weapon enhancement
It stores up to 100 bolts, loads as a swift action and you can pick which bolt gets loaded

Nosta
2016-04-10, 02:39 PM
The Quick Loading weapon enhancement
It stores up to 100 bolts, loads as a swift action and you can pick which bolt gets loaded
that's amazing were can I find it?

Gildedragon
2016-04-10, 02:50 PM
that's amazing were can I find it?
It's in the "Magic Item Compendium"

Nosta
2016-04-10, 03:23 PM
It's in the "Magic Item Compendium"

how dose this look for being prepared

1 spell storing shivering touch bolts x 5
2 +1 holy bolts x 10
3 +1 Anarchic x 10
4 +1 Axiomatic x 10
5 +2 spell storing (blast of force) 5d6 force + fort or be knocked prone) x 10
6 +2 spell storing (fire ball 10d6) X5
7 bolt of construct slaying x 5
8 bolt of undead slaying x 10

my Dm allows spell storing on bolts and arrows and slaying arrows in our game can be bolts for an extra 500 gp

Troacctid
2016-04-10, 03:39 PM
Maybe add some Ghost Touch bolts for incorporeal enemies. Silver, cold iron, and adamantine bolts might be handy against DR. I'd also include a few normal bolts in case you have a relatively easy fight and you don't want to waste consumables.

Gildedragon
2016-04-10, 03:45 PM
A couple of spellstoring Raptor Arrows bolts
There are a couple threads a few days ago that discuss ideal enhancements. I am a fan of Force (MIC)
You might want some Serren bolts