PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Musically inclined monsters?

EscherEnigma
2016-04-10, 02:09 PM
Howdy all,

So low level there's a couple of musically-themed monsters. Harpies and Satyrs. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other similar monsters for higher-level heroes to face, at least not in the core 5e Monster Manual. Am I missing some, or are higher-level musically-themed monsters a homewbrew-only thing?

Adios

Regitnui
2016-04-10, 02:23 PM
I can't think of any, except the sentients, who will make music as part of their culture. I was a little disappointed the Lillend wasn't in this edition. They made good archetypal bards.

Naanomi
2016-04-10, 02:36 PM
No sirens yet? Lots of fey have inclinations that way... And I'm... Animated musical instruments?

Madbox
2016-04-11, 01:47 AM
Evil John Phillips Sousa and a marching band of demons and monsters?:smalltongue:

Just imagine a pit fiend on marching timpani! Vampires on trumpets! Incubi on saxophones!

Daishain
2016-04-11, 10:31 PM
How's this for an idea? Bring back the DirgeSingers.

A massive horde of undead creatures tops the hill, facing the shining regiment hastily deployed to defend the local towns. Out of seemingly nowhere, a mournful tune permeates the battlefield, seeming to draw color and life from everything around. The undead stand taller as the music's magic strengthens and protects them.