PDA

View Full Version : Fighter/Warlock

Raven Darkcloud
2016-04-10, 09:55 PM
Hello I am building a sixth or seventh level character and I am just wondering if it is a viable buikd. To start off the build I am going with human variant stats are 15,14,13,12,10 and 8. Was thinking of STR 13 DEX 14 CON 14 INT 8 WIS 10 CHA 16. Picking up polearm master as my first feat then leveling up fighter 3-4 levels (dueling fighting style and battle master being chosen) and then warlock to 3 for fiend and pact of the tome. Picking up guidance, shillelagh, and vicious mockery cantrips. I am looking to use a quarterstaff which will act as my spell focus. So that I could wield a shield and cast spells in combat. Any build suggestions are appreciated.

Specter
2016-04-10, 10:06 PM
Darkness + Devil's Sight is mandatory, and so is Sentinel to take full advantage of it (take Polearm Master later). When you're close to the enemy, ActionSurge to cast the spell and attack in the same turn, and it's all win from there. When they can't run away from the dark, they start crying.

Ganders
2016-04-12, 02:57 PM
First, I assume you mean STR 12. That's ok, you can still multiclass with STR 12.

If you're playing a tomelock with shillelagh and polearm master, you're going to want Extra Attack, so fighter 5 is going to start looking awfully tempting.

Whether you get extra attack or not, the SCAG cantrips like Green Flame Blade should be very tempting too.

Your attacks may use CHA, but maneuver saving throws still use STR or DEX. Gauntlets of Ogre Power sure would be nice for that (and when wearing heavy armor).