PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next New warlock Invocations

Belac93
2016-04-11, 01:00 PM
Blade Pact Specific
Twin Blade
Prerequsite: Blade Pact
When you create your pact weapon, you can create two identical light weapons as your pact weapons. These are summoned at the same time, and otherwise follow all the normal rules for a bonded weapon.

Quick Blade
You can summon your pact weapon as a bonus action instead of an action.

Pact Arrow
You can summon a ranged weapon as your pact weapon. Whenever you attack with a weapon summoned like this, you do not need to have ammunition expended. You gain +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged pact weapons.

Fiend Patron Specific
Fiendish Resistances
Prerequsite: Fiend Patron, 5th level
You gain resistance to poison and fire damage

Great Old One Patron Specific
Impenetrable Mind
Prerequsite: Great old one Patron, 10th level
You gain immunity to psychic damage. In addition, your Thought Shield's second sentence ability becomes: ' When you would take psychic damage but do not because of your immunity, you may turn the attack back on the cause of the damage. The target must make a Wisdom saving throw against your spell save DC. On a failed save they take damage equal to the damage you would have taken. On a success they take half that damage.'

Undying Patron Specific
Allies to the Dead
Prerequsite: Undying Patron, 5th level
You can cast animate dead once using a warlock spell slot. You must finish a long rest before you can use this feature again.

zeek0
2016-04-13, 07:15 AM
I would reword it to:
When you would take psychic damage but do not because of your immunity, you may turn the attack back on the cause of the damage. The target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save they take damage equal to the damage you would have taken. On a success they take half that damage.

Still clunky, but it'll do. I added the saving throw because otherwise it is free damage, something generally frowned upon. Take it out if you like.

Otherwise, I love all of these and they are well balanced. I'm adding them to my homebrew stuff.

Thanks.

Belac93
2016-04-13, 09:04 AM
I would reword it to:
When you would take psychic damage but do not because of your immunity, you may turn the attack back on the cause of the damage. The target must make a Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save they take damage equal to the damage you would have taken. On a success they take half that damage.

Still clunky, but it'll do. I added the saving throw because otherwise it is free damage, something generally frowned upon. Take it out if you like.

Otherwise, I love all of these and they are well balanced. I'm adding them to my homebrew stuff.

Thanks.

Thanks! I like the saving throw thing. The base Warlock ability only deals them damage as if you had resistance, so still having a chance to deal half damage seems good.

Cancer115
2016-04-22, 06:49 PM
Mind if I borrow these? I have a bladelock who really wants more pact abilities

Belac93
2016-04-22, 07:52 PM
Of course you can have them. Anything I make is open material for the public.