PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Culture : Where's the Crazy?

free999enigma
2016-04-11, 06:36 PM
There comes a time in your life when you just have to ask yourself: Why is a frog punching a giant rat in the ****? And why aren't there more games about this?

k

Knaight
2016-04-11, 06:59 PM
The video appears to be stating that if you systematically remove all the sources of oddball stuff in the medium (the indie scene, Nintendo) it only has more realistic stuff left. Which, yeah, is undeniably true, but also isn't saying much.

IthilanorStPete
2016-04-11, 07:06 PM
I'm sorry, I can't hear your complaints over the music of fighting a spider lady because I didn't buy anything at her bake sale in Undertale.

Psyren
2016-04-11, 10:44 PM
"Random" games are still very much a thing even today, just go to the Indie scene. Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, Shovel Knight, Tembo the Badass Elephant etc.

Then there are the ones that appear random/frivolous but have a LOT more going on under the surface - like Binding of Isaac, Five Nights at Freddy's, Hotline Miami and of course Undertale.

Hell, even the AAA space has some of it (hi there Saint's Row.)

Fri
2016-04-13, 01:59 PM
"Random" games are still very much a thing even today, just go to the Indie scene. Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, Shovel Knight, Tembo the Badass Elephant etc.

Then there are the ones that appear random/frivolous but have a LOT more going on under the surface - like Binding of Isaac, Five Nights at Freddy's, Hotline Miami and of course Undertale.

Hell, even the AAA space has some of it (hi there Saint's Row.)

Or saints row in feudal japan, aka Way of the Samurai 4

TaRix
2016-04-14, 01:21 AM
It got rolled up into a katamari and turned into Tau Ceti IX.