PDA

View Full Version : Best Class Mix

EvilestWeevil
2016-04-11, 06:55 PM
What is the most optimal mix of fighter and rogue to everyone, just gathering ideas for a game that will culminate in fighting Tiamat. Feel free to throw in your favorite mix of classes as well.

bid
2016-04-11, 07:52 PM
Fighter 5 is best, extra attack helps a lot for DPR.
Fighter 11 also has good DPR, but every level in between is a loss of SA damage.
Keep fighter 6 in your pocket if you need a feat or grab EK 7 if you went that way.

Fighter 6 / rogue 14 has 5 ASI/feat + resilient (Wis)
Fighter 5 / rogue 15 has 5 ASI/feat + slippery mind + 1d6 SA

fishyfishyfishy
2016-04-11, 07:57 PM
I played a 1 shot a few months ago as a Assassin 4 / Battlemaster 16 who was focused on archery. It was a blast. I didn't feel like a Fighter at all. I was a stealthy assassin archer who was capable of dishing out some serious hurt if he caught you by surprise, and was still very effective otherwise. Ultimately it comes down to taste I think.

JellyPooga
2016-04-11, 08:31 PM
I like Fighter 8/Rogue 12, myself.

You get the 7th level Fighter Archetype (which doesn't look great until you consider War Magic) and everything Rogue up to (and including) Reliable Talent; 6d6 Sneak Attack, Cunning Action, Uncanny Dodge and Evasion (plus Archetype features for Rogue 3rd and 9th)

You also get 7 ASI's to play with.

Specter
2016-04-11, 08:56 PM
Fighter 6/Rogue 14.

Extra Attack doubles your Sneak Attack chance, and grabbing Resilient (Wisdom) is better than the Rogue's Slippery Mind.

The True Assassin Handbook (google it) can help you create the ultimate nova striker.

R.Shackleford
2016-04-11, 09:59 PM
What is the most optimal mix of fighter and rogue to everyone, just gathering ideas for a game that will culminate in fighting Tiamat. Feel free to throw in your favorite mix of classes as well.

Ok, so you are going to die if you fight Tiamat, so go out with a bang.

Halfling Rogue 4 (thief)/Fighter 16 (BM or EK).

Eventually take the mobile feat.

Climb Onto A Bigger Creature... Yeah you heard me. Climb to the section of her back where the necks meet... It kinda looks like she can't reach something there. Start stabbing the hell out of her... It isn't like she can reach you...

:p