PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Oh goodie, another 5e Alchemist WIP

Seekergeek
2016-04-11, 07:00 PM
EDIT: my darn post numbers are too low to include links. As a result...no links. Sorry!

So, yeah, hi! This whole thing started out when I was trying to get my DM to allow me to play the Alchemist presented on the Middle Finger of Vecna's homebrew page following a nasty TPK in Strahd's basement. Since I was already entering into the realm of homebrew, and since my DM seemed open to the idea generally, I thought I'd take a stab at building off that. Anyway, I'd be really pleased to hear what some people think of what I've put together. It has already been DM approved but we are still a couple weeks out from next session and I've lost any sort of objectivity. This is my first real crack at homebrew in 5th, so I've included my rational for some things in the notes.

The party is currently at level 7 if that matters at all.

I really appreciate any feedback at all. I'm open to anything from "God, no. Just no." through to "Well, this sucks - here's what I'd have done."

Thanks, gang!

Anyway, here it is:

Whether secreted away in a smoky basement laboratory or gleefully experimenting in a well-respected school of magic, the alchemist is often regarded as being just as unstable, unpredictable, and dangerous as the concoctions he brews. While some creators of alchemical items content themselves with sedentary lives as merchants, providing tindertwigs and smokesticks, the true alchemist answers a deeper calling. Rather than cast magic like a spellcaster, the alchemist captures his own magic potential within liquids and extracts he creates, infusing his chemicals with virulent power to grant him impressive skill with medicines, explosives, and all manner of self-transformative tonics.

General Design Notes:
This class is based on the Pathfinder class of the same name, but modeled mechanically along the lines of the 5e Warlock, which I used as the base for most of its abilities. The Alchemist’s Dart and Darts Known take the place of cantrips, Alchemical Elixirs take the place of spell slots and spells known and discoveries act in place of invocations. For ease of reading and to break up any giant “design notes” text walls, I will discuss the decision making process for each class feature beneath its description.

Class Features:

Hit Points
Hit Dice: 1d8 per Alchemist level
Hit Points at 1st Level: 8 + your Constitution modifier
Hit Points at Higher Levels: 1d8 (or 5) + your Constitution modifier per Alchemist level after 1st

Proficiencies
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons, blow guns, hand crossbows
Tools: Alchemist’s Tools
Saving Throws: Dexterity, Intelligence
Skills: Choose four from Arcana, History, Insight, Investigation, Medicine, Nature, Perception, Slight of Hand, and Survival.

Equipment
You start with the following equipment, in addition to the equipment granted by your background.
(a) a light crossbow and 20 bolts or (b) any simple weapon
(a) an explorer's pack or (b) a scholar's pack
alchemist's supplies and a component pouch
leather armor and two daggers

Level
Prof. Bonus
Features
Dart DMG
Darts Known
Elixirs Known
Elixer Level
Elixer Slots
Discoveries Known

Alchemical Elixers, Alchemist's Darts
1d6
-

Specialized Study
1d6
-

Syringe, Craft Homunculus
2d6
-

ASI
2d6
-

Discoveries
3d6

Specialized Study Feature
3d6

-
4d6

ASI
4d6

-
5d6

5d6

-
6d6

ASI
6d6

-
7d6

7d6

-
8d6

ASI
8d6

-
9d6

Fountain of Youth
9d6

ASI
10d6

Philosopher’s Stone
10d6

Alchemical Elixirs
You have mastered the art of alchemy. You know the alchemical formulas for the chemical composition of powerful potions and elixirs. You prepare your concoctions from the records in your Elixir Formula Book, which contains the extent of your alchemical knowledge. The Alchemist table shows how many Elixirs you know at first level or higher, which mimic spell effects and are chosen from the Elixirs list presented below. An alchemist can also add formulae to his book just like a wizard adds spells to his spellbook, using the same costs and time requirements.
An Elixir you know must be of a level no higher than what’s shown on the table for your level. In order to brew your Elixirs, you must have your Formula Book, alchemist supplies, and a component pouch on hand.
When you gain a level in this class, you can choose to replace one of the Elixirs you know with another Elixir from the Elixirs list, which must be of a level for which you have slots.
In addition, an alchemist can use an action to make an Arcana skill check to identify potions as if he had cast the Identify spell. He must hold the potion for 1 round to make such a check.
Brew Elixirs:
In effect, an alchemist prepares his “spells” by mixing ingredients, and then “casts” them by brewing the Elixir into a consumable potion. When an alchemist creates such a brew, he infuses the concoction with a tiny fraction of his own magical power. Each brewed Elixir becomes inert if unused within 24 hours.
Elixir Slots:
The Alchemist table shows how many Elixir slots you have. The table also shows what the leveI of those slots is; all of your Elixir slots are the same leveI. To brew one of your Elixirs of 1st level or higher, you musl expend as Elixir slot. You regain all expended slots when you finish a long rest.

See chapter 7 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide for complete rules on potions.

Design Notes:
Alchemy takes the place of Pact Magic for the alchemist, but effectively, the number of spells known and the number of spell slots are unchanged from the progression of the Warlock class. Elixir slots and Elixir level outpace the Warlock (sort of - with mystic arcanum Warlocks eventually learn 15 spells across the first five spell levels and one of each of a 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th level spell whereas the alchemist learns 15 across all 9 spell levels), but unlike Warlock they are recovered on a long rest rather than a short rest and must be selected and brewed in advance (effectively being the same mechanic as a Wizard’s memorization). Combined with the limited number Elixirs in total, and the limit on the number of darts available to the Alchemist (see below), the increased daily slots seem justified to me.

Alchemist's Dart
Starting at 1st level, you can create volatile alchemical compounds which you load into specially designed darts. You are proficient with your darts, and throwing a dart requires a ranged attack roll. The dart counts as a finesse thrown weapon with a range of 30/60 feet and is treated as having the loading property. Certain darts do damage, as shown in the dart Damage column of the Alchemist table. Unlike other thrown weapons, you add your intelligence bonus to any damage dealt rather than strength or dexterity.

Darts which do not require a target can be thrown into any square within range.

The cost of materials necessary to create these darts is negligible, but you must have alchemist's supplies and a component pouch on hand to create anything. You can create a total number of darts equal to your Alchemist level + your intelligence modifier (minimum of 1) per short rest. After 24 hours, an unused dart becomes inert.

You know a number of variations of volatile chemical combinations. At first level, you may select two dart types from the Dart Formulas section below. You learn more dart formulas as shown in the Darts Known column of the Alchemist table.

Saving Throws. When your darts call for a saving throw, its save DC is calculated as follows:
Alchemical Dart save DC = 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Intelligence modifier

Design Notes:
A lot of the homebrews (and the pathfinder class which inspired them) have a bomb with a small area of effect. I've always felt that was a bit much and so I stayed away from it. Initially, I had the damage scale with eldritch blast, however I ended up adopting the sneak attack progression instead for two main reasons:

the extra dice being rolled feels more in line with the volatile nature of an explosive; and
the eldritch blast’s multiple iterative attacks made the class feel too much like a ranged fighter.

I included the loading property to the dart to avoid any possibility of multiclassing or the Mutagenics subclass’ second attack leading to multiple darts being used in a round, and made them a thrown weapon to limited the range (my original idea of a specially augmented crossbow launcher created too much distance between the alchemist and his targets considering the relatively high damage, so I decided that if the alchemist wants safety, he can use the crossbow he is proficient with, the coward!). I also created a limit on the number of darts an Alchemist can create, whereas initially I treated it as an at-will ability along the lines of the cantrips it is effectively replacing. This places the dart’s damage potential lower than sneak attack or eldritch blast at mid to high level, but the class has more out of combat and in combat versatility thanks to the Alchemical Elixirs. I also included the 24 hour limitation time on the dart’s effectiveness to eliminate the possibility of stockpiling them.

Specilized Study
While all alchemists share a common knowledge base, most alchemists specialize into a particular field of study. When you reach 2nd level, you select your field of specialized study. Your choice grants you features at 2nd level and then again at 6th, and 14th level.

Design Notes:
These are fairly straightforward analogues to some of the available Warlock patrons: a blaster, a melee/caster, and a healer. Nothing tremendously innovative here - most abilities are lifted or reflavoured versions of other things.

Syringe
Beginning at 3rd level, using a sophisticated hypodermic needle, you can administer an Elixir to an unwilling creature with a successful melee attack. The syringe itself does no damage. You are proficient in the use of your syringe, which can be used as a finesse melee weapon with the loading property. Alternatively, you can deliver the syringe at a range using a blowgun. On a missed attack roll, the elixir is wasted.

Design Notes:
The majority of the Alchemist’s Elixirs are buffs, but I wanted a way to deliver offensive spells in such a way that carries a risk. This ability requires the Alchemist to make a successful attack roll and in most cases will also allow a save. The loading property for the syringe and the blow gun once again prevents any multi-attack exploits for delivering multiple Elixirs in a round.

Craft Homunculus
At 3rd level, using a special alchemical process requiring 8 hours of work, you can create a homunculus (Monster Manual pg. 188). A homunculus functions as a familiar summoned by the find familiar spell, with several differences:

The telepathic link between you and your homunculus functions at any distance, provided you and your homunculus are on the same plane of existence.
Your homunculus is a construct.
You cannot dismiss your homunculus as you would a familiar.
Your homunculus cannot assume a different form.
When your homunculus dies, its body remains, and can be reanimated via an alchemical process requiring 1 hour of work, your alchemist tools and a herbalism kit.

Design Notes:
Familiars in 5e are a great feature for casters, the warlock in particular. Unlike the warlock, the Alchemist doesn’t get pact boons to choose from (Blade, Chain, Tome), instead getting a little frankenstein baby squirrel-bat.

Discovery
In the course of your research, you have made a number of discoveries regarding the nature of alchemy. At 5th level, you gain a discovery of your choice. When you gain certain alchemist levels, you gain additional discoveries of your choice, as shown in the Discoveries Known column of the Alchemist table.

Additionally, when you learn a new discovery, you can choose one of the discoveries you know and replace it with another discovery that you could learn at that level.

Design Notes:
The discoveries take the place of invocations. While I don’t think they themselves are much more powerful than the Warlock invocations, I delayed their introduction until level 5 and reduced the number the Alchemist knows from the Warlock’s 8 down to 5. For the most part, as with the Warlock invocations, these allow for further specialization within the various Studies.

Fountain of Youth
At 18th level, you discover the secret to eternal youth and vitality. You have brewed an elixir of stupendous power. After imbibing the liquid, you gain the following benefits:

You cease aging, and your age cannot be magically changed. You will never die of old age, however you can still be killed.
You gain immunity disease and resistance to poison damage.
You gain advantage on saving throws against poison.

Design Notes:
At 18th level, it’s hard to call this anything more than flavour, but what is an alchemist without a fountain of youth!?

Philosopher’s Stone
At 20th level, you unlock the secrets of true alchemy. Using your alchemist's supplies and 1000 gold pieces worth of materials, you can spend 8 hours of work creating a philosopher's stone, a dynamo of elemental energy encased in a fist-sized, glowing jewel. Your philosopher's stone only works in your possession, and you can only have 1 at a time. To any other creature, it is just an ordinary (if beautiful) gemstone. As long as you possess your philosopher's stone, you gain the following benefits:

As an action, you can transmute a vial of water into any Elixir you can brew, which becomes inert after 24 hours. You must complete a long rest before you can do this again.

The philosopher’s stone also has the potential to alter the fabric of reality itself. You can use the stone to craft a Philosopher’s Dart. A Philosopher’s Dart creates an effect mimicking the plane shift spell.

Design Notes:
Honestly, this is just here because every class gets a level 20 ability. I have no opinion on it’s value or balance because, frankly, no one is ever going to play a level 20 of my homebrewed Alchemist.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Field of Study Specializations

Field of Demolitions
It takes a special kind of crazy to devote one's life to studying explosives. Most alchemists who specialize in this field are incorrigible pyromaniacs who take great pleasure in burning, blasting, and blowing things up. Demolitionists are always working to improve their Alchemical Darts' effectiveness.
Shrapnel Bomb
When you choose this field of study at 2nd level, you can make bombs that explode in a shower of shrapnel. When you make a dart, you can fill it with metal bearings, changing it to a shrapnel bomb. A shrapnel bomb deals piercing damage, and has a 10 foot radius. Any creature within the radius of the target must make a dexterity saving throw, taking full damage on a failed save and half damage on a successful one.
Blast Cap
At 2nd level, you learn to rig arrows and crossbow bolts with explosive heads. When you craft your darts, you can instead craft a blast cap bolt or blast cap arrow. On a hit, the projectile deals additional damage equal to your dart damage dice. If you create a blast cap using a shrapnel bomb, The projectile does not have a blast radius. If the blast cap ammunition misses, it does not detonate.
Demolition Expert
At 6th level, you learn to use your shrapnel bombs to damage and destroy structures. You now make your shrapnel bombs to accept fuses of various lengths. As an action, you can set a bomb and light its fuse, which has a duration of your choice between 1 round and 5 minutes. You can only have one bomb with a lit fuse at a time. Upon detonation, this bomb deals its damage as normal, but also deals double damage any nonmagical object within 5 feet of it that isn't being worn or carried and also ignores its damage immunities. For rules on objects and their hit points, see pages 246 and 247 of the Dungeon Master's Guide.
Additionally, you can bury a shrapnel bomb with a pressure trigger, changing it into a landmine which explodes when a creature steps on it. You can have a number of landmines equal to your intelligence modifier at one time. When a creature of Small size or larger steps on the spot where a landmine is buried, it must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save the creature takes full damage from the bomb, or half as much on a successful save.
A creature can detect the presence of a buried landmine with a Wisdom (Perception) check opposed by your Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) check. If you take 10 minutes to carefully disguise the landmine checks made to discover it are made at disadvantage.
Alchemist’s Powder
Beginning at 14th level, you have unlocked the secret of Alchemist’s Powder and have infused your darts with its devastating potential. Your darts now ignore damage resistance to their damage type. Creatures with immunity to the damage are instead treated as only having resistance to it.

Field of Medicine
Many practically-minded alchemists decide assume the role of the apothecary. An adventuring party always needs a healer, and clerics might be in short supply. On their downtime, such alchemists have a marketable skill to depend upon for income. Apothecaries are constantly at work studying potions and herbology.
Bonus Proficiencies
When you select this field of study at 2nd level, you gain proficiency with the herbalism kit and with the Medicine skill. Using your herbalism kit, after a long rest, you can brew a number of potions of healing equal to your intelligence modifier which become inert after 24 hours.
Anesthetic Dart
At 2nd level, you can create darts which spray an analgesic oil. You have advantage on attack rolls made to hit a willing creature with this dart. Anesthetic darts deal no damage. Instead, on a hit, the target gains temporary hit points equal to your dart’s damage dice.
After a creature gains temporary hit points from an anesthetic dart, it cannot be effected by another one until it finishes a short or long rest.
Brew Potions
At 6th level, after a long rest you can brew a number of potions of greater healing and vials of elixir of health equal to your intelligence modifier which become inert after 24 hours. You regain any expended uses of this ability after you finish a long rest.
Panacea
At 14th level, during a long rest, using materials worth at least 500 gp (which are consumed upon use), you can distill the essence of universal healing, the panacea. When consumed, the creature quaffing the potion instantly gain the following benefits:

Any reduction to the creature's ability scores is ended.
The creature's hit points are restored to maximum, and any reduction of their hit point maximum is ended.
The creature is no longer cursed, blinded, deafened, paralyzed, poisoned, or petrified.
The creature loses all levels of exhaustion.
All the creature's diseases are cured.

The panacea must be consumed within 24 hours, after which it becomes inert.

Field of Mutagenics:
Dissatisfied with the physical limitations imposed by nature, the alchemist who pursues this field of study learns to augment and mutate their own form and function, and eventually the form and function of their enemies (or test subjects, as the case may be).
Bonus Proficiencies
When you select this field of study at 2nd level, you first learn to heighten your more primal nature. You gain proficiency in the perception and survival skills and with one martial weapon of your choice.
Mutagen
At 2nd level, you discover how to create a mutagen that you can imbibe in order to heighten your physical prowess at the cost of your personality.
When you brew your mutagen, you select Dexterity, Constitution or Strength. Upon being imbibed, the mutagen causes you to grow more bestial, granting you the following benefits for 1 minute:

You gain a +2 bonus to the selected ability score.
You gain a +2 bonus to your armour class.
Your movement speed increases by 10 feet.
You have advantage on any skill checks, ability checks, or saves made with the selected ability score.
You have disadvantage on any wisdom, intelligence or charisma skill checks, ability checks or saves.

A mutagen’s effects end early if you are incapacitated. A mutagen that is not in your possession becomes inert until an you pick it up again, and only you can benefit from its effects. You can only maintain two doses of mutagen at a time, and you regain any expended uses of this ability when you finish a short or long rest.
Extra Attack
Starting at 6th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.
Beast Bomb
Beginning at 14th level, you have unlocked the secret of true mutagenics. You can create bombs which spray a mutagenic mist. Beast bombs deal no damage. Instead, on a hit, the target and all creatures in a 10 foot radius of the target creature must make a constitution saving throw or be affected as if the target of the polymorph spell. These effects last for a number of minutes equal to your intelligence modifier.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elixirs:
An alchemist’s Elixirs mimic the effects of spells, and can be chosen from the list presented below. An Elixir does not require concentration once imbibed, however a creature cannot gain the benefits or suffer the effects of more than one Elixir at the same time. Unless otherwise stated, regardless of the spell’s area of effect, an Elixir can only affect one targeted creature who imbibes or is injected with the brew, and lasts it’s full duration. Effects which require concentration but allow a saving throw each round still allow saving throws as normal.

1st
Animal Friendship
Bane
Charm Person
Comprehend Languages
Detect Poison and Disease
Expeditious Retreat
Feather Fall
Jump
Longstrider
Purify Food and Drink
Sleep
Speak With Animals
Tasha’s Hideous Laughter

2nd
Alter Self
Barkskin
Beast Sense
Blur
Darkvision
Detect Thoughts
Enhance Ability
Enlarge/Reduce
Hold Person
Invisibility
Levitate
Magic Weapon
See Invisibility
Spider Climb
Suggestion

3rd
Blink
Elemental Weapon
Fear
Fly
Gaseous Form
Haste
Plant Growth
Remove Curse
Slow
Water Breathing
Water Walk

4th
Blight
Compulsion
Confusion
Fire Shield
Polymorph
Stoneskin

5th
Awaken
Dominate Person
Dream
Gaes
Hold Monster
Greater Restoration
Modify Memory
Rary’s Telepathic Bond

6th
Flesh to Stone
Wind Walk
Eyebite
True Seeing

7th
Etherealness
Finger of Death
Regenerate
Simulacrum

8th
Animal Shapes
Mind Blank
Feeblemind
Telepathy

9th
Astral Projection
Shapechange
True Polymorph

Achelmist’s Dart Formulas:

Chromatic Dart
You can make darts which explode upon striking a target. When you learn this dart formula, you choose acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison, or thunder for the type of damage the dart you can create deals. Additionally, the target that fails their saving throws takes an additional 1d8 damage of the same type at the end of its next turn. You can select this formula multiple times, each time choosing a new damage type.

Flashbang Dart
You can make darts which explode in a brilliant flash of light and an eruption of thunder. A flashbang dart deals no damage but creates a 20 foot radius flash of light and sound. The target and any creatures within the radius must make a dexterity saving throw or be blinded and deafened until the end of your next round.

Force Dart
You can make especially volatile darts. A forcl dart deals force damage. Additionally, the target that fails their saving throw is pushed 10 feet directly away from you.

Blessed Dart
You can infuse a dart with holy water. When you craft this dart, you can add a few drops of holy water to the dart. A holy dart deals radiant damage. If its target is a fiend or undead, it takes an additional 4d6 radiant damage.

Oil Dart
You can make non lethal darts which cover the ground in a slick oil. An oil dart deals no damage, but covers a 10-foot square of ground centered on the explosion with grease, turning it into difficult terrain for 1 minute. Additionally, the target, and each creature in the blast radius must succeed on a Dexterity saving throw or be covered in oil and fall prone.

Smoke Dart
You can make non lethal darts that generate smoke. A smoke dart deals no damage, but creates a 20-foot-radius sphere of fog. The sphere spreads around corners, and its area is heavily obscured. It lasts for a number of rounds equal to your Intelligence modifier or until a wind of moderate or greater speed (at least 10 miles per hour) disperses it.

Steroid Dart
You can make darts that bolster the physical attributes of its targets. You have advantage on attack rolls made to hit a willing creature with this dart. A steroid dart deals no damage, but its target and those within a 10 foot radius of its target are bolstered by the chemical’s effects. Whenever an affected creature makes an attack roll or a saving throw within the next minute, they can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to the attack roll or saving throw.

Tanglefoot Dart
You can make non lethal darts which explode with a glue-like resin. A tanglefoot dart deals no damage, but its target must make a Dexterity saving throw or be glued to the floor, reducing its speed to zero. At the end of each of its turns, the creature can break the resin with a successful Strength saving throw.

Anti-life Dart
You can make darts which waste away living things. A withering dart deals necrotic damage. Additionally, the target that fails their saving throw can’t regain hit points until the start of your next turn.

Discoveries:

Ballistics Research
You learn one additional dart formula. You can select this discovery multiple times. Each time you do so, you must select a different formula.

Chameleon Skin
You have consumed a tonic which allows you to shift the colors of your skin to blend in with the surrounding terrain. You gain advantage on stealth checks to avoid being seen.

Clotting Agent
You have developed a serum that protects you from harm. Your maximum HP increases by your Alchemist level + your Constitution modifier. You can select this discovery multiple times.

Detonation Theorem
When you throw a dart, you can add your Intelligence modifier, instead of Strength or Dexterity, to its attack roll.

Eyes in the Dark
You have discovered the key to sight without light. You brew a tincture which has grants you darkvision out to a range of 120 feet. If you already have darkvision, the range of your darkvision extends by 60 feet.

Fire Eater
Prerequisite: Demolitions Field of Study
Instead of throwing a dart, you can choose to use your action to drink the dart's contents and spit them out in a 15 foot cone. If the dart deals damage, all creatures within the cone must make a Dexterity saving throw. On a failed save, each creature in the cone suffers the full effects of the dart. When you use a dart in this way, you take 2 points of damage for each of your dart's damage dice. If the dart does not do damage, all creatures within the cone must make a saving throw or suffer the effects of the dart. When you use a dart in this way, you must make a saving throw against the effects as well, though you do so with advantage.

Mutated Anatomy
Prerequisite: Mutagenics Field of Study
Your body has visibly and permanently mutated, and you gain either a bite, a claw, or a quill attack.

Your lower jaw has extended and your teeth have become razor sharp. You gain a bite attack. The bite attack is a melee weapon attack that uses Strength for its attack roll and damage bonus and deals 1d8 piercing damage.

Your fingers have become hard and talon-like. You gain a claw attack. The claw attack is a melee finesse melee weapon attack that uses Dexterity or Strength for its attack roll and damage bonus and deals 1d8 slashing damage.
The hair on your body has thickened into sharp quills, which you are able to expel with great force. You gain a ranged quill attack. The quill attack is a ranged weapon attack with a range of (20/60) and deals 1d8 piercing damage.

You can select this discovery multiple. Each time you do so, you must select a different mutation.

Poisoner
Prerequisite: Medicine Field of Study
You have extensively studied poisonous herbs, and you know how to mix them into potent poisons. You gain proficiency with the poisoner's kit. During a long rest, you can brew a number of vials of basic poison equal to your Intelligence modifier. The poison retains potency for 24 hours, after which it becomes inert.

Reflexive Toss
You can throw a dart as an Opportunity Attack, even if you have already thrown a dart on your turn.

---

Anti-Life Equation
Prerequisite: 8th level, Mutagenics Field of Study
During a long rest, you can prepare a single dose of an alchemical potion that reanimates corpses. You can pour this potion on a corpse or a pile of bones as an action, causing it to reanimated as if it was the target of an animate dead spell. This potion loses potency after 24 hours. You can only have one of these potions at a time.

Bombardment
Prerequisite: 8th level, Demolition Field of Study
When you take the Attack action and attack with a weapon that you’re holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to throw a dart or a shrapnel bomb.

Lazarus Bolt
Prerequisite: 8th level, Medicine Field of Study
As an action, you can drive a bolt into the torso of a creature that has died within the last minute and shock it back to life with electricity. That creature returns to life with 1 hit point. This feature can’t return to life a creature that has died of old age, nor can it restore any missing body parts.

Healing Factor
Prerequisite: 8th level, Clotting Agent
You have improved upon your clotting agent serum, and gain the ability to heal from wounds rapidly. As an action you can heal a number of hit points equal to your alchemist level x 5. As an action, you can restore a number of hit points up to the maximum amount remaining in your pool. If you fall unconscious because of hit point damage still have healing available from this ability, the ability activates automatically, expending all remaining healing available.
Your pool replenishes when you take a long rest.

---

Construct Bomb
Prerequisite: 11th level, Demolition Field of Study
During a long rest, you can assemble a rolling construct around one of your shrapnel bombs, creating a construct bomb. A construct bomb is a tiny construct with 1 hit point, an AC of 10, and a movement speed of 35 feet. It takes it turn on your initiative, though it doesn’t act unless you command it to. As an action on your turn, you can command the construct bomb to move up to its movement speed or to detonate its payload, dealing damage to creatures and objects in its blast radius as a normal shrapnel bomb. You can only have 1 construct bomb at a time.

Mumification
Prerequisite: 11th level
You have mastered preserving flesh and applied this knowledge to your own body, turning yourself into an undead-like creature. After learning this discovery, you must perform a 30-day regimen of a special diet, rigorous exercise, and drinking a mildly poisonous alchemical tea. At the end of this regimen, you fall unconscious for 24 hours, then awaken as a “living mummy.” Your type does not change, but you gain the following benefits:

Resistance to non-magical bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage
Immunity to poison damage
Immunity to magical sleep effects
No longer need to eat, sleep or drink.

Plague Bomb
Prerequisite: 11th level, Smoke Dart Dart Formula
The effects of the smoke created by your smoke dart duplicates the effects of the contagion spell.

---

Alchemical Simulacrum
Prerequisite: 15th level
Through a special alchemical process requiring 12 hours of work and using materials worth 1500 gold, you can create a duplicate of one beast or humanoid that is present for the duration of your experiment. This discovery mimics the Simulacrum spell, however your Alchemical Simulacrum is no illusion, and can be shaped from clay or flesh.

Alchemy of Flight
Prerequisite: 15th level, Mutagenics Field of Study
You gain the ability to sprout a pair of wings from your back, gaining a flying speed
equal to your current speed. You can create these wings as a bonus action on your turn. They last until you dismiss them as a bonus action on your turn.
You can't manifest your wings while wearing armor unless the armor is made to accommodate them, and clothing not made to accommodate your wings might be destroyed when you manifest them.

Elixir of Life
Prerequisite: 15th level, Medicine Field of Study
During a long rest, using your alchemist's supplies and materials worth at least 1000 gp (which are consumed upon use), you can brew a powerful elixir which, when poured over a corpse, acts as if a resurrection spell has been cast upon it. The target must not have been dead for longer than 1 year.
Additionally, if a living creature drinks the elixir, it functions as if a regenerate spell was cast upon the drinker.

Shaped Charge
Prerequisite: 15th level, Demolitions Field of Study
You can set your shrapnel bombs to explode in different patterns. As part of your attack when you throw a shrapnel bomb, you can change that bomb's blast radius to a 15 foot cone or a 20 foot line, originating from the target's space in a direction of your choice.