PDA

View Full Version : Does Planar Cohort allow outsiders with class levels?

RoboEmperor
2016-04-12, 12:17 PM
If it does it might make for some really interesting Thaumaturgist characters.

Urpriest
2016-04-12, 12:36 PM
Yup, that's allowed, since you can get outsiders with class levels from the Planar Ally line. Note that you're still limited to an ECL of character level -2.

RoboEmperor
2016-04-12, 01:03 PM
Yup, that's allowed, since you can get outsiders with class levels from the Planar Ally line. Note that you're still limited to an ECL of character level -2.

Sweet. Hehehe, time to think up some fun cohorts.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-04-12, 08:45 PM
Remember that a cohort is an NPC and your control over its exact stats may be limited.

Coidzor
2016-04-12, 09:26 PM

Whoa, I'd completely overlooked that. :smallredface:

Thank you!

Urpriest
2016-04-13, 08:47 AM
Remember that a cohort is an NPC and your control over its exact stats may be limited.

Yep. In general, best practice is to build your cohort with the DM's cooperation. As a Planar Ally, your cohort started out as a favored servant of some deity, and DMs are suckers for making cool NPCs to represent their deities.

Âmesang
2016-04-14, 09:34 AM
When given the opportunity I like to go for a succubus/lillend bard. Decently powered, but if used as a party buffer it shouldn't overshadow anyone… except… other bards, I guess. :smalltongue: