PDA

View Full Version : Pali/Bard "Pre Buffing" the group???

Edgerunner
2016-04-12, 01:48 PM
My first time playing Bard and I went with a Pali 2/ Bard 7 and of course I have run into a multitude of Concentration spells that need to be prioritized.

My question is what can a Pali/Bard do to Pre Buff his group before going into an encounter before he gets into the use of his Concentration spells???

Citan
2016-04-12, 03:11 PM
My first time playing Bard and I went with a Pali 2/ Bard 7 and of course I have run into a multitude of Concentration spells that need to be prioritized.

My question is what can a Pali/Bard do to Pre Buff his group before going into an encounter before he gets into the use of his Concentration spells???
Hi!

I'd like to provide some suggestions, but I'm not sure I understood the question. :)

Since as soon as you cast another concentration spell the previous one will end.
So, were you, like, asking what buff you should favor for the fight opening, before you would need to cast any other offensive (Smite) or defensive (Compelled Duel, Shield of Faith) that you break the previous buff?

Frankly, I'm not sure there is a general answer to such a broad question. ;)
The best I'd say is, it depends on your party composition and a fight.
Usually the sure-shot for opening is Bless, as long as you have at least 2 martials in your group.

Beyond that, it really depends on what you're facing.
If you have a few party members that need a buff, cast Bless. But if you have, like, six allies with attacks, then it may be better to try a Faerie Fire on enemies (otherwise you'd have to cast Bless at too high a level).

Same with Haste and Slow if you picked them up with Magic Secrets. Haste is great because powerful buff and autosuccess, but it leaves the character vulnerable one turn after it ends. So it may or may not be a good idea to buff your melee friend.
Slow is very great a spell because it affects harshly up to six enemies, but you need a high enough chance to affect at least 2 enemies for it to be worth it imo.

So... Well... Please give us more details about your spells and party, and provide us one example situation where you would not have any idea of how to start... Then we can (hopely) help you more. :)

Edgerunner
2016-04-12, 03:19 PM
Hi!

I'd like to provide some suggestions, but I'm not sure I understood the question. :)

Since as soon as you cast another concentration spell the previous one will end.
So, were you, like, asking what buff you should favor for the fight opening, before you would need to cast any other offensive (Smite) or defensive (Compelled Duel, Shield of Faith) that you break the previous buff?
:)

I am actually looking for some basic Buffs I can use before we go into combat that will Not interfere with Concentration spells I will be casting in combat.
Aid being one of the most obvious choices but as I have one more Magical Secrets I can use, Aura of Vitality being my first choice, I am not limited in class but am limited to lvl 3 spell or below.