PDA

View Full Version : d20srd seems to have changed hands.

martixy
2016-04-12, 04:07 PM
I just noticed this as it seemed to me the background suddenly switched to a lighter color. (Am I imagining things?)

Apparently it is now owned by some company.

Not sure what this might mean, but there it is...

Âmesang
2016-04-14, 10:24 AM
Hopefully it'll ensure the site stays up for a good, long time; it's a wonderful resource… but one, from what I can recall, was done solely non-profit by one guy (using the initial .rtf resources gifted by Wizards?). Not a whole lot of money there to pay the server costs, eh?

OttoVonBigby
2016-04-14, 02:21 PM
I don't see the "Download the Site" option anymore. :smalleek:

Beleriphon
2016-04-14, 03:35 PM
Likes like was bouight by Bell of Lost Souls, a group that focuses on advertising to the table top wargame market. Doesn't seem like like such a bad deal. I'm sure they'll just throw some ads up in a banner for their clients since d20srd.com gets a ton of traffic.

J-H
2016-04-14, 04:05 PM
The background looks darker and duller to me.

KillianHawkeye
2016-04-14, 11:38 PM
Huh, weird.

Well, as long as it continues to exist for many years to come, I don't suppose it matters much who owns it...............

Telonius
2016-04-18, 07:25 PM
Likes like was bouight by Bell of Lost Souls, a group that focuses on advertising to the table top wargame market. Doesn't seem like like such a bad deal. I'm sure they'll just throw some ads up in a banner for their clients since d20srd.com gets a ton of traffic.

Eeeeeyup, banners have been popping up on a number of their pages for me the last day or two.

KillianHawkeye
2016-04-19, 02:35 PM
Aha, yeah, now that I had a reason to view the site on my phone during my last game session, I can see that there are a bunch of advertisements on it now. Oh well, could've been worse.

martixy
2016-04-20, 08:49 AM
Yea, I noticed that too on my phone.
Sadly on mobile devices they still take up space, even if they don't show.

There goes that site... sigh...