PDA

View Full Version : A D20 Modern:Homebrew proposal

FireSpark
2007-06-22, 10:36 AM
I was sitting here staring at my latest security report, when suddenly an idea stuck me. And it deals with the following questions:

What are my two greatest hobbies?
. - Role Playing and Video Games

And what two concepts from those hobbies would mesh really good?
. - D20 Modern: Future and HALO!

Now I know I probably seem like a total loss now, but hear me out. The HALO universe that Bungie has created with just the videogames is quite expansive, not to mention the expanded stuff added by the few books. So we have the basis for a world to use as our playing field. Then there's all the nifty aliens (elites, grunts, jackels, etc.), vehicles (warthog, wraith, mongoose), and a whole slew of weapons (do you really care about the name of your gun?). Throw in all the Forerunner technology scattered all over the galaxy, and suddenly you have ruins and 'artifacts' that are like nothing ever seen.

So my next question is this: Has anyone ever attempted to D20-ize HALO? And if not, would anyone be interested in seeing done? Or even helping to make one?

Just curious really. :smallbiggrin:

LeeMon
2007-06-22, 01:51 PM
I've considered running a D20 modern campaign based on the original Doom games, as a one-off for my friends.

I quickly discovered that the "d20 Future," "d20 Cyberscape," and "d20 Apocalypse" supplements, Future in particular, gave me most of the material I'd need for futuristic armor, vehicles, weapons, classes, and opponents. (In my case, I just needed some D&D monster books for demons.)

I'd suggest that as a first step; I imagine you could pull something very effective together based almost entirely on existing official content with minor flavor changes.

Obviously, no one but Bungie and Wizards could release a Halo d20 product. Thankfully, the existing d20 Future material works quite well, at least for my purposes.

Diggorian
2007-06-22, 02:06 PM
I dont know much about Halo, but your work is mostly done for you it seems:

D20 Halo (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=547232)

Your welcome :smallbiggrin:

FireSpark
2007-06-22, 02:43 PM
I dont know much about Halo, but your work is mostly done for you it seems:

D20 Halo (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=547232)

Your welcome :smallbiggrin:

Aha! I knew I couldn't have been the first to have this idea. Many thanks Diggorian.

Were-Sandwich
2007-06-22, 02:49 PM
Just make sure none of the people in your group have watched Red vs Blue, or you'll never be able to have a serious session again.

FireSpark
2007-06-22, 03:05 PM
Just make sure none of the people in your group have watched Red vs Blue, or you'll never be able to have a serious session again.

Too late. :smallbiggrin:

Xuincherguixe
2007-06-23, 01:53 AM

Who wants to have a serious session? :P