PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Advise Seeking; The Campaign Begins.

Xuldarinar
2016-04-12, 04:55 PM
So, just the other day my campaign finally begun. Our party made it through their level-0 session, and the results proved interesting. The party consists of now a Dwarf Brawler, Elf Swashbuckler, and as far as the party is concerned a Human who shall be a healer.

There is the problem. I don't know what kind of healer to run them as. As the DM, what my say is is final, so all options lie before me. Im considering; Cleric (rather a variant upon it), Relequarian (the Occultist archetype though with a tweak to it), Oracle, Sorcerer, or updating and tweaking one of the two invocation-using classes (Dragonfire adept or warlock) to make them into healers by default.

On a side note (weird to have this be the lesser point), Im still uncertain as to what module to use. They are at 1st level, are at sea at this moment and they want horror. Two party members are evil (NE and LE) and one is good (NG).

Coidzor
2016-04-12, 10:07 PM
If this is an NPC, then a healbot Life Mystery Oracle grabbing Life Link and channeling and such would probably be fine.

Or if you want it to have a bit more utility than just being a healbot NPC, a Shaman with the Life Spirit or just make your own custom Archetype Cleric that focuses on channeling and healing and has lifelink but no domains or just Knowledge so it can act as an information dispenser where necessary.

If this is for a PC, then I'd recommend setting them on the path of the Oradin.

Gildedragon
2016-04-12, 10:14 PM
So, just the other day my campaign finally begun. Our party made it through their level-0 session, and the results proved interesting. The party consists of now a Dwarf Brawler, Elf Swashbuckler, and as far as the party is concerned a Human who shall be a healer.

There is the problem. I don't know what kind of healer to run them as. As the DM, what my say is is final, so all options lie before me. Im considering; Cleric (rather a variant upon it), Relequarian (the Occultist archetype though with a tweak to it), Oracle, Sorcerer, or updating and tweaking one of the two invocation-using classes (Dragonfire adept or warlock) to make them into healers by default.

On a side note (weird to have this be the lesser point), Im still uncertain as to what module to use. They are at 1st level, are at sea at this moment and they want horror. Two party members are evil (NE and LE) and one is good (NG).

They want horror? No devoted healer. Or give them a healer and then get the healer killed.

Scorponok
2016-04-13, 01:44 AM
Why not just Healer from the miniatures handbook?

Xuldarinar
2016-04-13, 09:01 AM
Why not just Healer from the miniatures handbook?

I lack the miniatures handbook, would have to convert it, and this is for a Neutral Evil character.

I should of specified that they were the one with that alignment.

Larsen
2016-04-13, 09:55 AM
For a healer with an evil touch, a Vitalist with Sadist and/or Life leech archetype is nice.