PDA

View Full Version : Player Help help creating a spell-less fear bard 3.5

uroborus
2016-04-13, 06:46 AM
im about to begin play in a dark sun campaign as a bard, and i wanted to take the fear angle, but since it doesn't have spells, im in a bit of a loss.
i would appriciate any advice on the how to make it worth while from the more experienced folk here in this forum.

thankes in advance for any help!

should mention that all sources are acceptable so long as the material fit the feel of dark sun campaign.

Esprit15
2016-04-13, 09:02 AM
Haunting Melody (spend bardic music to make enemies shaken for your rank in perform number of rounds), Dreadful Wrath (charge or full attack to cause shaken to everyone within 30'), Imperious Command (demoralizing a foe makes them cowers for one round and be shaken after that), and Never Outnumbered (demoralize everyone within 10 feet) are good options. Diving into Dirgesinger after that (depending if it is allowed or not) is a good option, as you get a few more demoralizing-type abilities, and intimidate as a class skill if your DM won't allow you to swap it for something else (probably diplomacy, given fluff).

Inevitability
2016-04-13, 12:40 PM
I recommend posting this in the 3.5 forum, where you are more likely to get fitting feedback. This forum is meant for general roleplaying advice.

ATHATH
2016-04-13, 12:46 PM
Inspire Hatred might be decent; I haven't played with it yet.

There's a Bard ACF that has Bardic Music that pretty much inverts the effects of a normal Bard's Bardic Music.